Coventry Building Society Arena guide
The Coventry Building Society Arena is a multi-purpose arena in Coventry, England. It is the home of Coventry City F.C. and Wasps rugby union. The arena has a capacity of 32,609 for football matches and 32,000 for rugby union matches.
Table of Contents
The arena was opened in 2005 and was originally named the Ricoh Arena. It was renamed the Coventry Building Society Arena in 2021.
The arena has hosted a number of major events, including concerts by The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, and Take That. It has also hosted rugby union matches, including the 2007 Rugby World Cup and the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
The arena is located in the Arena Park shopping centre. It is easily accessible by car, bus, train, or plane.
Pubs near the Coventry Building Society Arena
- The Bull & Anchor: This traditional pub is a short walk from the arena and offers a wide range of beers, wines, and spirits. It also has a good food menu. Address: 233 Wheelwright Ln, Ash Green, Coventry CV7 9HN. Phone: 024 7636 5528.
- The Wheatsheaf: This friendly pub is also a short walk from the arena and has a more relaxed atmosphere. It is a popular spot for both locals and visitors alike. Address: 886 Foleshill Rd, Coventry CV6 6GS. Phone: 024 7668 8314.
- The Cherry Tree: This pub is located a bit further from the arena, but it is worth the walk for the stunning views of the city. It has a large beer garden and a menu of classic pub food. Address: 82 Lythalls Ln, Coventry CV6 6FT. Phone: 024 7663 8225.
- The Old Crown: This historic pub is located in the heart of Coventry city centre and is a popular spot for both tourists and locals. It has a wide range of beers, wines, and spirits, as well as a good food menu. Address: 466 Aldermans Green Rd, Alderman’s Green, Coventry CV2 1NP. Phone: 024 7636 2438.
- The Greyhound Inn: This pub is located in the village of Allesley, which is just a short drive from the arena. It is a popular spot for Sunday roasts and has a large beer garden. Address: Sutton Stop, Coventry CV6 6DF. Phone: 024 7636 3046.
These are just a few of the many pubs near the Coventry Building Society Arena. With so many options to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect place to enjoy a drink and a bite to eat before or after a game.
Pubs near the Coventry Building Society Arena for away fans
- The Coach & Horses is a traditional English pub with a wide selection of beers on tap. It’s located just a short walk from the stadium, and it’s a popular spot for both home and away fans to gather before and after games. Address: Longford Rd, Longford, Coventry CV6 6BG.
- The Wheatsheaf is another traditional English pub with a friendly atmosphere. It’s located a bit further from the stadium, but it’s still a great place to catch a game and enjoy a pint.
- Riley’s is a sports bar with multiple TVs showing all the latest games. It’s a great place to watch a game with friends, and it’s also open late for those who want to continue the party after the match. Address: Sporting Centre, Hertford Pl, Butts Rd, Coventry CV1 3JZ. Phone: 024 7622 9916.
If you’re looking for something a bit more unique, there are a few other options within walking distance of the stadium such as:
- The Castle Grounds is a craft beer bar with a wide selection of local and international beers. It’s a great place to try something new, and it also has a small food menu. Address: 7 Little Park St, Coventry CV1 2UR. Phone: 024 7663 0862.
No matter what your taste, there’s sure to be a pub near the Coventry Building Society Arena that’s perfect for you.
Hotels near the Coventry Building Society Arena
- DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry Building Society Arena. This hotel is located directly on the arena grounds, making it the most convenient option for concert-goers and other event attendees. It offers modern rooms, a fitness centre and a restaurant.
- Novotel Coventry M6 J3. This hotel is located just a short drive from the arena, and it offers a variety of amenities, including a swimming pool, a sauna, and a steam room.
- Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Belgrade Plaza). This budget-friendly hotel is located in the heart of Coventry, just a short walk from the arena. It offers comfortable rooms and free Wi-Fi.
- Royal Court Hotel. This charming hotel is located in a converted manor house, and it offers a more traditional atmosphere than the other hotels on this list. It is located just a short drive from the arena.
If you are looking for a hotel with a bit more luxury, there are a few options located a bit further from the arena, such as the Hilton Coventry and the Renaissance Coventry Hotel.
No matter what your budget or preferences, there is a hotel near the Coventry Building Society Arena that is perfect for you.
How to get to the Coventry Building Society Arena
- By car: The Arena is located just off Junction 3 of the M6, so it is easy to reach by car. There is a large car park at the Arena with over 2,000 spaces.
- By train: The nearest train station is Coventry Arena station, which is a short walk from the Arena. There are regular trains to Coventry Arena station from Birmingham, London, and other major cities.
- By bus: There are a number of bus services that stop near the Arena. The nearest bus stop is Arena Park, which is a short walk from the Arena.
- By bike: The Arena is also easily accessible by bike. There are a number of cycle paths that lead to the Arena, and there is a bike park on site.
Once you arrive at the Arena, there are a number of things to do. You can watch a concert or sporting event, take a tour of the Arena, or simply enjoy the views of the city from the Arena’s roof terrace.
The Coventry Building Society Arena is a great place to visit for a day out or a night out. With its excellent transport links and a wide range of activities, it is easy to see why the Arena is one of the most popular venues in the UK.
The Coventry Building Society Arena is a multi-purpose arena in Coventry, England. It is home to Coventry City F.C. and Wasps RFC. The arena is also used for a variety of other events, including concerts, exhibitions, and conferences.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at the Coventry Building Society Arena
- Watch a concert: The arena hosts a variety of concerts throughout the year. Some of the biggest names in music have performed at the arena, including Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, and Coldplay.
- Watch a sporting event: The arena is home to Coventry City F.C. and Wasps RFC. If you’re a fan of either team, you can catch a game at the arena.
- Attend an exhibition: The arena is often used for exhibitions. Some of the exhibitions that have been held at the arena include the “David Bowie Is” exhibition and the “Titanic: The Exhibition.”
- Attend a conference: The arena is also a popular venue for conferences. Some of the conferences that have been held at the arena include the “Coventry City Council Annual Conference” and the “Wasps RFC Annual Conference.”
In addition to these events, the Coventry Building Society Arena also offers a variety of other amenities, including:
- A food court: The arena has a food court with a variety of food options.
- A bar: The arena has a bar with a variety of drinks.
- A VIP lounge: The arena has a VIP lounge that offers a variety of amenities, including food, drinks, and seating.
- A merchandise store: The arena has a merchandise store where you can buy Coventry City F.C. and Wasps RFC gear.
The Coventry Building Society Arena is a great place to catch a concert, watch a sporting event, or attend an exhibition. It’s also a great place to spend a day with friends or family.
Things to do near the Coventry Building Society Arena
- Visit the Coventry Transport Museum. This museum tells the story of transportation in Coventry, from the first horse-drawn carriages to the latest electric cars.
- Take a walk through the Coventry Cathedral ruins. This beautiful cathedral was destroyed during the Blitz in World War II, but the ruins have been left standing as a memorial.
- Explore the Herbert Art Gallery and Museum. This museum has a collection of art and artifacts from around the world, including paintings, sculptures, and textiles.
- Go shopping in the city center. Coventry has a variety of shops, from high-street chains to independent boutiques.
- Enjoy a meal at one of Coventry’s many restaurants. The city has a wide range of cuisine, from traditional British to international fare.
- See a show at the Belgrade Theatre. This theater hosts a variety of performances, from plays and musicals to comedy and dance.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the River Sowe. This river runs through Coventry and offers a peaceful and scenic way to see the city.
These are just a few of the many things to do near the Coventry Building Society Arena. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have a great time exploring this vibrant city.