Ewood Park guide
Ewood Park is a football stadium in Blackburn, Lancashire, England. It is the home ground of Blackburn Rovers Football Club and has a capacity of 31,367.
Table of Contents
Ewood Park was opened in 1890 and has been the home of Blackburn Rovers ever since. The stadium has undergone a number of redevelopments over the years, most recently in the 1990s when it was converted to an all-seater stadium.
This is a popular stadium and is often sold out for home matches. The atmosphere at is known for being passionate and hostile, and the stadium has been the scene of some memorable moments in English football history.
In 1995, Blackburn Rovers won the Premier League title, their first and only top-flight championship. The title-winning match against Leicester City was played at Ewood Park and was attended by a crowd of 30,000.
Ewood Park is a historic stadium with a rich history. It is a popular venue for football matches and is sure to continue to be a key part of the English football landscape for many years to come.
Pubs near Ewood Park, home of Blackburn Rovers
- The Fox & Hounds is a traditional English pub with a warm and friendly atmosphere. It is located just a short walk from Ewood Park and offers a wide range of beers, wines, and spirits. The pub also has a good selection of food, including traditional pub fare and more modern dishes. Address: Ewood, Blackburn BB2 4LL. Phone: 01254 678943.
- The Blues Bar is a popular spot for both locals and visitors alike. It is located in the heart of Blackburn and offers a wide range of live music, DJs, and other events. The bar also has a good selection of drinks and food. Address: Ewood Park, Nuttall St, Blackburn BB2 4JF. Phone: 01254 222250.
- Fernhurst is a Hungry Horse pub located just a short walk from Ewood Park. It offers a wide range of food and drink, including a carvery, burgers, and pizzas. The pub also has a large garden with plenty of seating. Address: 466 Bolton Rd, Blackburn BB2 4JP. Phone: 01254 693541.
If you are looking for a more traditional English pub experience, then The Fox & Hounds is a great option. If you are looking for a more lively atmosphere with live music and DJs, then The Blues Bar is a better choice. And if you are looking for a pub with a large garden and a good selection of food, then Fernhurst is the perfect spot.
Pubs near Ewood Park for away fans
- Fernhurst is a Hungry Horse pub located just a 5-minute walk from the stadium. It has a large selection of beers and food, and is a popular spot for both home and away fans. Address: 466 Bolton Rd, Blackburn BB2 4JP. Phone: 01254 693541.
- The Navigation is a traditional pub located in the town centre, around a 10-minute walk from Ewood Park. It has a friendly atmosphere and a good selection of beers. Address: 2 Canal Street, Mill Hill, BB2 4DL. Phone: 01254 699637
- The Fox and Hounds is a family-friendly pub located in the Ewood area, around a 15-minute walk from the stadium. It has a large beer garden and a good selection of food. Address: Ewood, Blackburn BB2 4LL. Phone: 01254 678943.
If you are looking for something a little more lively, there are also a number of bars in the town centre that are popular with away fans before and after matches. These include:
- The Blues Bar is a bar located next to Ewood Park. It has a large screen showing live sport, and a lively atmosphere. Address: Ewood Park, Nuttall St, Blackburn BB2 4JF. Phone: 01254 222250.
- The Railway Hotel is a traditional pub located in the town centre. It has a good selection of beers and a lively atmosphere on matchdays. Address: Victoria Rd, Blackburn BB2 5JE. Phone: 01254 207582.
Please note that some of these pubs may close early on matchdays, so it is advisable to check opening times in advance.
Hotels near Ewood Park in Blackburn, England
- Premier Inn Blackburn South (M65, J4) is a 2-minute drive from Ewood Park and offers modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. It also has a restaurant and bar.
- Hampton by Hilton Blackburn is a 10-minute walk from the stadium and offers stylish rooms with free Wi-Fi and balconies. It also has a fitness center and a bar.
- Travelodge Blackburn M65 is a 5-minute drive from Ewood Park and offers affordable rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. It also has a 24-hour reception.
- The Fernhurst by Greene King Inns is a 5-minute walk from the Blackburn Rovers stadium and offers 4-star accommodation with free Wi-Fi and en suite bathrooms. It also has a restaurant and bar.
- Willows, Blackburn by Marston’s Inn is a 10-minute walk from Ewood Park and offers a traditional pub with a restaurant and bar. It also has en suite rooms with free Wi-Fi.
How to get to Ewood Park, the home of Blackburn Rovers Football Club
- By car: Ewood Park is located on Tweed Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, England. To get there by car, take the M65 motorway to junction 4 and follow the signs for Blackburn. Once in Blackburn, turn right onto Tweed Street and Ewood Park will be on your left.
- By train: Blackburn railway station is located in the town centre, a short walk from Ewood Park. Trains run regularly from Manchester, Liverpool, and other major cities.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near the stadium. The number 1 bus runs from Blackburn railway station to Ewood Park, and the number 2 bus runs from Darwen to the Blackburn Rover home ground.
Once you arrive at Ewood Park, there is plenty of parking available. There is also a dedicated drop-off and pick-up area for coaches and taxis.
Ewood Park is a popular venue for football matches, concerts, and other events. It is important to plan your journey in advance, especially if you are attending a match on a busy day.
Here are some additional tips for getting to Ewood Park:
- Allow plenty of time: Traffic can be heavy around Ewood Park on match days, so it is important to allow plenty of time for your journey.
- Check the weather: If it is a wet day, you may want to consider taking public transport or walking.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Ewood Park is a large and busy venue, so it is important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions against crime.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at Ewood Park
- Watch a Blackburn Rovers football match. Ewood Park is the home ground of Blackburn Rovers Football Club, who play in the Championship, the second tier of English football. The stadium has a capacity of 31,365 and is located in the town of Blackburn, Lancashire.
- Take a tour of Ewood Park. The stadium offers a guided tour that takes visitors around the ground, including the players’ tunnel, the dressing rooms, and the press box. Tours are available on match days and non-match days.
- Visit the Blackburn Rovers Museum. The museum is located in the stadium and tells the story of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. The museum has exhibits on the club’s history, its players, and its trophies.
- Enjoy a meal at one of the stadium’s restaurants. There are a number of restaurants located within Ewood Park, including a pub, a bar, and a restaurant. These restaurants offer a variety of food and drink options, including traditional pub food, burgers, and pizzas.
- Attend a concert or event at Ewood Park. Ewood Park is also used for concerts and other events. In recent years, the stadium has hosted concerts by artists such as Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, and Robbie Williams.
If you are a fan of football or Blackburn Rovers Football Club, then Ewood Park is a great place to visit. The stadium offers a variety of things to do, including watching a match, taking a tour, or visiting the museum.
Things to do near Ewood Park, Blackburn.
- Visit Blackburn Cathedral. This beautiful cathedral is over 800 years old and is a must-see for any visitor to Blackburn.
- Take a walk through Witton Country Park. This 480-acre park is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, rabbits, and foxes. There are also plenty of walking trails and a cafe.
- Visit the Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery. This museum has a collection of over 50,000 objects, including paintings, sculptures, and archaeological artifacts.
- See a show at the Blackburn Empire Theatre. This historic theater has been hosting performances since 1899.
- Go shopping in Blackburn town center. There are a variety of shops to choose from, including high street stores and independent boutiques.
- Visit the Blackburn Rovers Football Club Museum. This museum tells the story of Blackburn Rovers, one of the oldest professional football clubs in England.
- Take a boat trip on the River Ribble. This is a great way to see some of the local wildlife and scenery.
If you have more time, you could also visit some of the other attractions in the area, such as:
- Pendle Hill
- The Ribble Valley
- The Lake District