King Power Stadium guide
King Power Stadium is a modern football stadium in Leicester, England. It is the home of Leicester City Football Club and has a capacity of 32,261. The stadium was opened in 2002 and has been praised for its design, atmosphere and facilities.
Table of Contents
Review of King Power Stadium
- Design: The stadium is designed in a bowl shape, which helps to create a good atmosphere for matches. The stands are close to the pitch, which gives fans a good view of the action.
- Atmosphere: The atmosphere at King Power Stadium is electric on matchdays. The fans are passionate about their team and they make a lot of noise. The stadium is often sold out, which creates a great atmosphere.
- Facilities: The stadium has excellent facilities, including a large club shop, a number of restaurants and bars, and a state-of-the-art media centre. There is also a large car park with over 2,000 spaces.
Overall, King Power Stadium is a fantastic stadium. It is a great place to watch a football match and it has everything that fans could need.
Here are some additional things to note about King Power Stadium:
- The stadium is named after the King Power company, which is a Thai duty-free retailer. The company is owned by Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who is the chairman of Leicester City Football Club.
- King Power Stadium is located in the heart of Leicester city centre. It is a short walk from Leicester train station and the city’s bus station.
- The stadium is wheelchair accessible and there are a number of disabled facilities available.
- There are a number of hotels and restaurants located near to King Power Stadium.
If you are planning to visit King Power Stadium, I would recommend booking your tickets in advance. The stadium is often sold out for matches.
Pubs near the King Power Stadium, home of Leicester City FC
- The Counting House: This Greene King pub is a 5 minute walk from the stadium and has a wide range of beers and food. Address: 40 Almond Rd, Leicester LE2 7LH. Phone: 0116 275 5527.
- The Local Hero: This pub is also a 5 minute walk from the stadium and has a more casual atmosphere. Address: 84 Aylestone Rd, Leicester LE2 7LB. Phone: 0116 275 5330.
- The Fox and Hounds: This traditional pub is a 10 minute walk from the stadium and is a popular spot for pre-match meals. Address: 2 High St, Syston, Leicester LE7 1GP. Phone: 0116 260 5830.
- The Soar Point: This bar and restaurant is located in the Holiday Inn hotel and has views of the stadium. Address: The Newarke, Leicester LE2 7BY. Phone: 0116 204 4911.
Pubs for away fans near the King Power Stadium:
- Counting House: This Greene King pub is located just a short walk from the stadium and is a popular spot for both home and away fans. It has a wide selection of beers and ciders on tap, as well as a menu of pub food. Address: 40 Almond Rd, Leicester LE2 7LH. Phone: 0116 275 5527.
- Local Hero: This traditional British pub is also located a short walk from the stadium and is another popular spot for away fans. It has a large screen TV for watching sports, as well as a menu of pub food. Address: 84 Aylestone Rd, Leicester LE2 7LB. Phone: 0116 275 5330.
If you are looking for a more lively atmosphere, you could try one of the pubs in the city center. However, be aware that some of these pubs may be closed to away fans on match days.
No matter which pub you choose, be sure to arrive early to avoid disappointment. The pubs near the stadium can get very crowded on match days.
Hotels near the King Power Stadium in Leicester, UK:
- Holiday Inn Express Leicester City. This hotel is located just a 5-minute walk from the stadium and offers free Wi-Fi, a bar and restaurant. It also has a fitness centre and meeting rooms.
- Premier Inn Leicester City Centre. This budget hotel is also located within walking distance of the stadium and offers free Wi-Fi and a bar and restaurant. It also has a 24-hour reception.
- Hotel Brooklyn Leicester. This stylish hotel is a 10-minute walk from the stadium and offers free Wi-Fi, a bar and restaurant. It also has a spa and a rooftop terrace with views of the city.
- Travelodge Leicester Central. This budget hotel is a 5-minute drive from the stadium and offers free Wi-Fi and a bar and restaurant. It also has a 24-hour reception.
Here are some other hotels that are a bit further away from the stadium, but still within easy reach:
- Leicester Marriott Hotel. This 4-star hotel is located in the city centre and offers free Wi-Fi, a spa and a swimming pool. It is a 15-minute walk from the stadium.
- The Belmont Hotel. This 4-star hotel is also located in the city centre and offers free Wi-Fi, a bar and restaurant. It is a 10-minute drive from the stadium.
How to get to King Power Stadium, Leicester City Football Club
- By car: The stadium is located off of Filbert Way, which is accessible from the M1 and M69 motorways. There is a large car park at the stadium, but it can fill up quickly on match days.
- By train: Leicester Railway Station is located in the city centre, about 1.5 miles from the stadium. There is a regular bus service from the station to the stadium.
- By bus: There are several bus services that stop near the stadium. The nearest stops are Freemen’s Common and Raw Dykes Road.
- By walking or cycling: The stadium is located in a residential area, and it is possible to walk or cycle to the stadium from the city centre. The walk takes about 25 minutes, and the cycle ride takes about 15 minutes.
If you are planning to attend a match at King Power Stadium, it is advisable to arrive early to avoid traffic and parking problems.
Here are some additional tips for getting to King Power Stadium:
- Be aware of traffic restrictions: There are a number of traffic restrictions in place around the stadium on match days. These restrictions are designed to keep traffic flowing and to make it easier for fans to get to the stadium.
- Plan your journey in advance: If you are planning to travel by car, train or bus, it is advisable to plan your journey in advance. This will help you to avoid any delays.
- Check the weather forecast: The weather in Leicester can be unpredictable, so it is advisable to check the weather forecast before you travel. This will help you to pack appropriately.
- Enjoy the match!: King Power Stadium is a great place to watch a football match. The atmosphere is electric, and the fans are passionate. So, relax, enjoy the game, and cheer on Leicester City!
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at King Power Stadium
- Watch a Leicester City football match. The stadium is home to the Foxes, who play in the Championship. Tickets are usually easy to get, and the atmosphere is always electric.
- Take a stadium tour. This is a great way to learn about the history of the stadium and see behind the scenes. Tours are available every day and last for around an hour.
- Visit the King Power Leicester City Museum. This museum tells the story of Leicester City Football Club, from its humble beginnings to its current status as a Premier League club. The museum is open every day and admission is free.
- Enjoy a drink at the Foxes Bar. This bar is located on the stadium grounds and offers a great selection of drinks and food. It’s a great place to watch a match or just relax and soak up the atmosphere.
- Have a picnic in the stadium bowl. The stadium bowl is a large open area that is perfect for a picnic. There are no restrictions on food or drink, so you can bring your own or purchase it from one of the many vendors on site.
- Take a walk around the stadium. The stadium is located in a beautiful setting and there are plenty of paths to explore. You can also take in the views of the city from the top of the stadium.
If you’re looking for something to do in Leicester, King Power Stadium is a great place to start. With its rich history, vibrant atmosphere and stunning location, there’s something for everyone at the King Power Stadium.
Things to do near the King Power Stadium in Leicester, England:
- Visit the National Space Centre. This interactive museum is a great place to learn about space exploration.
- Take a walk through Bradgate Park. This beautiful park is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, rabbits, and foxes.
- Go shopping in Leicester Market. This historic market is a great place to find unique souvenirs and gifts.
- See a show at Curve Theatre. This award-winning theater hosts a variety of productions, from musicals to plays.
- Visit the Jewry Wall Museum. This museum tells the story of Leicester’s Jewish community, which dates back to Roman times.
- Take a boat trip on the River Soar. This is a great way to see the city from a different perspective.
If you are looking for something to eat or drink, there are many restaurants and bars near the King Power Stadium. Here are a few of my favorites:
- The Fox and Hounds. This traditional pub serves a variety of beers and ciders, as well as pub food.
- The Old Town Tavern. This gastropub offers a modern take on classic British cuisine.
- The Hungry Cat. This restaurant serves Asian fusion cuisine.
I hope this gives you some ideas for things to do near the King Power Stadium.