Brisbane Road stadium guide
Brisbane Road Stadium is a football stadium in Brisbane Road, Leyton, East London, England. It has been the home ground of Leyton Orient since 1937. The stadium has a capacity of 9,241.
Table of Contents
The stadium is located in a residential area of Leyton, close to the River Lea. It is a ten-minute walk from Leyton Underground station.
The stadium has four stands: the Matchroom Stand, the Brisbane Road Stand, the Osborne Road Stand and the Tommy Johnston Stand. The Matchroom Stand is the largest stand at the stadium and is located behind the south goal. The Brisbane Road Stand is located behind the north goal. The Osborne Road Stand is located on the east side of the stadium and the Tommy Johnston Stand is located on the west side of the stadium.
The stadium has been renovated several times since it was built in 1937. The most recent renovation was completed in 2007. The renovation included the construction of a new stand on the south side of the stadium, which increased the capacity of the stadium to 9,241.
Brisbane Road Stadium is a popular venue for football matches. It has hosted a number of important matches, including FA Cup matches, League Cup matches and international matches. The stadium has also hosted a number of non-football events, such as concerts and boxing matches.
Pubs near Brisbane Road Stadium, Home of Leyton Orient FC
- The Coach & Horses: This pub is a short walk from the stadium and is a popular spot for both home and away fans. It has a wide selection of beers on tap and a good menu of pub food. Address: 391 High Rd. Leyton, London E10 5NA. Phone: 020 8194 0332.
- The Leyton Star: This pub is also a short walk from the stadium and has a similar atmosphere to The Coach & Horses. It has a large beer garden and a wide range of food options. Address: 116 High Rd. Leyton, London E15 2DE. Phone: 020 8454 7126.
- The Lion & Key: This pub is a little further from the stadium, but it is a great place to go for a more traditional English pub experience. It has a wide selection of beers on tap and a good menu of pub food. Address: 475, 477 High Rd. Leyton, London E10 5EL. Phone: 020 8558 7850.
If you are looking for a more lively atmosphere, there are also a number of bars near the stadium. These include:
- Luna: This bar is a popular spot for both locals and visitors. It has a large dance floor and a wide range of drinks. Address: 7 Church Ln, Bushwood, London E11 1HG. Phone: 07823 884982.
- The Heathcote and Star: This bar is a bit more relaxed than The Luna Lounge, but it still has a lively atmosphere. It has a good selection of beers on tap and a large outdoor seating area. Address: 344 Grove Green Rd, London E11 4EA. Phone: 020 7458 4483.
- The Hare & Hounds: This pub is a great place to go for a traditional English pub experience. It has a wide selection of beers on tap and a good menu of pub food. Address: 278 Lea Bridge Rd, London E10 7LD. Phone: 020 8558 6525.
Pubs near Brisbane Road Stadium that are popular with away fans
- The Coach & Horses: This pub is located on Leyton High Road, just a short walk from the stadium. It is a popular spot for pre-match food and drinks, and it also has a large beer garden. Address: 391 High Rd. Leyton, London E10 5NA. Phone: 020 8194 0332.
- The Leyton Technical: This pub is also located on Leyton High Road, and it is a popular spot for live music and events. It has a wide selection of beers on tap, and it also has a food menu.
- The Birkbeck Tavern: This pub is located on Langthorne Road, which is a short walk from the stadium. It is a traditional English pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It has a wide selection of beers on tap, and it also has a food menu. Address: 45 Langthorne Rd, London E11 4HL.
Hotels near Brisbane Road Stadium in London
- Premier Inn Stratford City. This 3-star hotel is located just a 10-minute walk from the stadium and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi. There is also a bar and restaurant on site.
- Travelodge London Stratford. This budget hotel is also located just a short walk from the stadium and offers basic rooms with free Wi-Fi. There is also a 24-hour bar on site.
- The Lion & Key Hotel. This charming 4-star hotel is located in Leyton, a short drive from the stadium. It offers stylish rooms with free Wi-Fi, as well as a restaurant and bar.
[Image of The Lion & Key Hotel near Brisbane Road Stadium]
- ibis Styles London Walthamstow. This 3-star hotel is located in Walthamstow, a 15-minute train journey from the stadium. It offers modern rooms with free Wi-Fi, as well as a bar and restaurant.
- Hilton London Tower Bridge. This 5-star hotel is located in central London, a 20-minute walk from the stadium. It offers luxurious rooms with stunning views of Tower Bridge and the River Thames.
These are just a few of the many hotels near Brisbane Road Stadium. When choosing a hotel, it is important to consider your budget, your needs, and your preferences.
How to get to Brisbane Road Stadium, home of Leyton Orient
- By public transportation: The nearest tube station is Leyton, which is on the Central Line. From the station, it is a short walk to the stadium. There is also a bus stop right outside the stadium, which is served by the following buses: 58, 69, 97, and 158.
- By car: There is limited parking available at the stadium, but it is recommended to park in one of the nearby car parks. The nearest car parks are: Leyton Leisure Centre car park, Lea Valley Sports Centre car park, and Leyton Midland Railway Station car park.
- By bicycle: There are several cycle lanes in the area, which make it easy to cycle to the stadium. There is also a bike rack outside the stadium, where you can lock up your bike.
Once you arrive at the stadium, there are a number of things to do. You can take a tour of the stadium, visit the club shop, or have a drink at the stadium bar. There is also a food court on site, where you can buy a variety of food and drinks.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at Brisbane Road Stadium
- Watch a football match: This is the most obvious thing to do at a football stadium! Leyton Orient are a professional football club who play in League Two, the fourth tier of English football. They have a long and proud history, and their home matches are always a great atmosphere.
- Take a tour of the stadium: The stadium offers guided tours which give you a behind-the-scenes look at the facilities, including the players’ changing rooms, the press box, and the pitch.
- Visit the club shop: The club shop sells a wide range of Orient merchandise, including shirts, scarves, hats, and other souvenirs.
- Have a drink at the stadium bar: The stadium bar is a great place to watch a match or just relax and enjoy a drink with friends.
- Eat at a nearby restaurant: There are a number of restaurants within walking distance of the stadium, so you can enjoy a pre-match meal or a post-match feast.
If you’re not a football fan, there are still plenty of things to do in the area around Brisbane Road Stadium. Here are a few suggestions:
Things you can do near Brisbane Road Stadium, London, UK
- Visit the Museum of London Docklands. This museum tells the story of London’s history as a trading port, from its origins as a Roman settlement to its role as a global centre of trade in the 19th century.
- Take a walk through Victoria Park. This large park is a popular spot for swimming, boating, and picnicking. It also has a number of historical features, including a bandstand, a boating lake, and a windmill.
- Explore the Olympic Park. This former Olympic site is now a popular destination for sports fans, families, and nature lovers. It features a number of attractions, including the London Stadium, the ArcelorMittal Orbit, and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Visit the Walthamstow Market. This historic market is a great place to find fresh produce, meats, and cheeses, as well as clothing, home goods, and souvenirs.
- Take a stroll along the River Lea. This river runs through Leyton and is a popular spot for walking, cycling, and fishing.
- Visit the Leyton Local History Museum: The museum tells the story of Leyton, from its earliest days to the present day.
- Take a walk in Wanstead Park: Wanstead Park is a large, beautiful park with plenty of space to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
If you’re looking for something to do in the evening, you could catch a show at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park’s Copper Box Arena, or go for a drink in one of Leyton’s many pubs.
I hope this gives you some ideas for things to do at Brisbane Road Stadium and in the surrounding area.