Kassam Stadium guide
The Kassam Stadium is a football stadium in Oxford, England. It is the home of Oxford United Football Club and has a capacity of 12,500.
Table of Contents
The stadium was opened in 2001 and is named after Firoz Kassam, the former chairman of Oxford United. It was built to replace the club’s previous home, the Manor Ground, which was sold for redevelopment.
The stadium is located on Grenoble Road, just outside of Oxford city centre. It is easily accessible by car, bus and train. There is a large car park at the stadium, as well as a number of bus stops and a train station nearby.
The Kassam Stadium is a popular venue for football matches and other events. It is a large, modern stadium with excellent facilities. It is a great place to watch a football match and experience the atmosphere of a live game.
Pubs near Kassam Stadium, home of Oxford United FC, for home and away fans
- J’s Sports Bar is a great place to watch a match with friends. It has a large screen TV and a wide selection of beers and other drinks. Address: Unit 10, Ozone Leisure Park, Grenoble Rd, Littlemore, Oxford OX4 4XP. Phone: 01865 711777.
- The George Inn is a traditional English pub with a warm and inviting atmosphere. It serves good food and has a wide selection of beers. Address: 5 Sandford Rd, Littlemore, Oxford OX4 4PU. Phone: 01865 779341.
- The Golden Ball is another traditional English pub with a large beer garden. It is a popular spot for both locals and visitors alike. Address: 2 College Ln, Littlemore, Oxford OX4 4LQ. Phone: 01865 802320.
- The Catherine Wheel is a 15-minute walk from the stadium and is known for its selection of real ales. It is a popular spot for both home and away fans. Address: The Catherine Wheel, 38 Henley Rd, Sandford-on-Thames, Oxford OX4 4YP.
- The Oxford Blue: This pub is also located close to the stadium and has a large beer garden.
- The Turf Tavern: This pub is a little further away from the stadium, but is a popular spot for families and has a children’s play area. Address: 4 Bath Pl, Oxford OX1 3SU. Phone: 01865 243235.
If you are looking for something a little different, there are also a few microbreweries near the stadium. These breweries offer a unique selection of beers that you won’t find anywhere else.
- The Oxford Brewery is a small brewery that produces a variety of beers, including ales, stouts, and porters. Address: Manor Farm Rd, Horspath, Oxford OX33 1SD. Phone: 01865 604620.
- The White House by Tap Social is another small brewery that produces a variety of beers, including ales, IPAs, and lagers with a patio serving baked goods, coffee and a seasonal menu. Address: 38 Abingdon Rd, Oxford OX1 4PD. Phone: 01865 682300.
No matter what your taste, there is sure to be a pub near Kassam Stadium that you will enjoy.
Hotels near Kassam Stadium in Oxford, England
- Holiday Inn Express Oxford – Kassam Stadium is a 3-star hotel located just a 5-minute walk from the stadium. It offers modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and breakfast.
- Hampton by Hilton Oxford is another 3-star hotel located within a 10-minute walk of the stadium. It offers bright rooms with free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour gym.
- Premier Inn Oxford Cowley is a budget hotel located 1.5 miles from the stadium. It offers basic rooms with free Wi-Fi and a restaurant.
- Mercure Oxford Hawkwell House Hotel is a 4-star hotel located 2 miles from the stadium. It offers luxurious rooms with free Wi-Fi, a spa, and a restaurant.
All of these hotels offer free parking and are within easy reach of the stadium by car or public transportation.
Here are some other things to consider when choosing a hotel near Kassam Stadium:
- Price: Hotel prices in Oxford vary depending on the time of year and the type of hotel you choose. 3-star hotels typically start at around £70 per night, while 4-star hotels start at around £100 per night.
- Location: If you’re planning on attending a match at Kassam Stadium, you’ll want to choose a hotel that’s within walking distance of the stadium. If you’re planning on exploring Oxford, you may want to choose a hotel that’s located in the city centre.
- Some hotels offer amenities such as free Wi-Fi, breakfast, and parking. Consider which amenities are important to you when choosing a hotel.
How to get to the Kassam Stadium home of Oxford United
- By car: The stadium is located at Grenoble Road, Oxford OX4 2DQ. There is a large car park at the stadium with over 2,000 spaces. Parking is £5 for adults and £3 for concessions.
- By bus: The stadium is served by several bus routes, including the 5, 10, 15, and 20. The nearest bus stop is at the junction of Grenoble Road and Marston Ferry Road.
- By train: The stadium is a short walk from Oxford Parkway railway station. Trains run from Oxford city centre every 15 minutes.
- By bike: The stadium is on the Oxford Greenway, a cycle path that runs from Oxford city centre to Abingdon. There is a cycle rack at the stadium.
If you are planning to attend a football match at the Kassam Stadium, it is advisable to arrive early as parking can get busy. There are also a number of bars and restaurants near the stadium where you can enjoy a drink or meal before the match.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at the Kassam Stadium, home of Oxford United Football Club
- Watch a football match. Oxford United play in League One, the third tier of English football. They have a large and passionate fan base, and the atmosphere at Kassam Stadium is always electric.
- Take a tour of the stadium. The stadium offers a guided tour that takes you behind the scenes and shows you all the areas that are not normally accessible to the public.
- Visit the club shop. The club shop sells a wide range of Oxford United merchandise, including shirts, hats, scarves, and other souvenirs.
- Have a meal at the stadium. There are a number of restaurants and bars at Kassam Stadium, where you can enjoy a pre-match meal or a post-match drink.
- Attend a concert or other event. Kassam Stadium is also used for concerts and other events. Check the stadium website for a list of upcoming events.
Things to do near Kassam Stadium in Oxford
- Visit the Oxford University Parks. The parks are home to a variety of gardens, lakes, and sports facilities.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the Cherwell River. The river winds through the city and offers stunning views of Oxford’s historic architecture.
- Visit the Pitt Rivers Museum. The museum houses a collection of over 500,000 objects from around the world.
- Go shopping in the city centre. Oxford has a variety of shops, from high-street stores to independent boutiques.#
- Enjoy a meal at one of Oxford’s many restaurants. The city has a wide range of cuisines to choose from, including traditional English food, international cuisine, and vegetarian and vegan options.
- See a show at the Oxford Playhouse. The Playhouse is a theatre that hosts a variety of productions, from plays to musicals to comedy shows.
- Take a tour of Oxford Castle and Prison. The castle and prison are a fascinating place to learn about Oxford’s history.
If you are looking for something to do on a sunny day, you could also visit one of Oxford’s many parks or gardens. The University Parks, Christ Church Meadow, and Port Meadow are all popular spots for relaxing and enjoying the outdoors.
If you are visiting Oxford with children, there are a number of attractions that they will enjoy. The Oxford Children’s Museum, the University Museum of Natural History, and the Pitt Rivers Museum are all great places to learn about history and science.
No matter what your interests are, you are sure to find something to do in Oxford. The city has a rich history and culture, and there are plenty of things to see and do for people of all ages.