Montgomery Waters Meadow Stadium guide
Montgomery Waters Meadow is a football stadium in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England. It is the home ground of Shrewsbury Town and has a capacity of 9,877. The stadium was opened in 2007 and replaced the club’s previous home, Gay Meadow.
Table of Contents
The stadium is named after Montgomery Waters, a local bottled water company. The company signed a 10-year sponsorship deal with Shrewsbury Town in 2017.
Montgomery Waters Meadow is a modern stadium with all-seater stands. It has a number of facilities, including a club shop, a restaurant, and a bar. The stadium also has a number of corporate hospitality suites..
Montgomery Waters Meadow is a popular venue for football fans and is a key part of the Shrewsbury community.
Here are some additional details about the stadium:
- Address: Oteley Road, Shrewsbury, SY2 6ST
- Telephone: 01743 289177
- Website: https://www.shrewsburytown.com/club/our-stadium/
- Capacity: 9,877
- Opened: July 2007
- Owner: Shrewsbury Town Football Club
- Seating: All-seater
- Facilities: Club shop, restaurant, bar, corporate hospitality suites
Pubs near Montgomery Waters Meadow, home of Shrewsbury Town FC, for home and away fans
- The Charles Darwin is a popular pub with a large beer garden. It’s about a 10-minute walk from the stadium. Address: Sutton Rd, Shrewsbury SY2 6HN. Phone: 07929 398877.
- The Albion Bar is a traditional pub with a wide range of real ales. It’s located in the town centre, just a short walk from the stadium. Address: 11 Castle Foregate, Shrewsbury SY1 2DJ. Phone: 07530 556951.
- The Station Hotel is located opposite the train station and is a 10-minute walk from the stadium. It is a good option for fans who are arriving or departing by train. Address: 4 Castle Foregate, Shrewsbury SY1 2DJ. Phone: 01743 588630.
Hotels near the Montgomery Waters Meadow Stadium, Shrewsbury
- The Shrewsbury Hotel is a 4-star hotel located in the heart of Shrewsbury town centre. It has a bar, restaurant, and spa.
- Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury is a 3-star hotel located just outside of Shrewsbury town centre. It has a bar, restaurant, and free parking.
- Premier Inn Shrewsbury Town Centre is a 3-star hotel located in Shrewsbury town centre. It has a bar, restaurant, and free parking.
- Travelodge Shrewsbury Bayston Hill is a 2-star hotel located just outside of Shrewsbury town centre. It has a bar, restaurant, and free parking.
- The Shrewsbury Arms is a 4-star hotel located in the village of Meole Brace, just outside of Shrewsbury town centre. It has a bar, restaurant, and gardens.
All of these hotels are within walking distance of Montgomery Waters Meadow, which is a large sports and events venue.
If you are looking for a more luxurious stay, there are also a number of 5-star hotels in Shrewsbury, such as the Arundel Arms and the Four Seasons Hotel.
How to get to Montgomery Waters Meadow stadium , Shrewsbury
- By car: Montgomery Waters Meadow is located on Oteley Road, Shrewsbury, SY2 6ST. From Shrewsbury town centre, take the A5 towards Telford. Turn right onto Oteley Road and the stadium will be on your left.
- By bus: There are several bus services that stop near Montgomery Waters Meadow. The nearest bus stop is on Meole Brace Road, a short walk from the stadium. Buses from Shrewsbury town centre include services 27, 28, and 30.
- By train: Shrewsbury railway station is located in the town centre. From the station, it is a short walk to the bus stop on Meole Brace Road. From there, you can take a bus to Montgomery Waters Meadow.
Once you arrive at Montgomery Waters Meadow, there is plenty of parking available. There is also a ticket office on site where you can purchase tickets for Shrewsbury Town FC matches.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at Montgomery Waters Meadow stadium, home of Shrewsbury Town FC
- Watch a Shrewsbury Town football match. The stadium is home to Shrewsbury Town Football Club, who play in League One, the third tier of English football. They have a passionate fan base and the atmosphere at matches is always electric.
- Take a tour of the stadium. The stadium offers a variety of tours, including a behind-the-scenes tour, a matchday experience tour, and a corporate hospitality tour.
- Visit the Shrewsbury Town museum. The museum is located in the stadium and tells the story of Shrewsbury Town Football Club. It features exhibits on the club’s history, its players, and its trophies.
- Enjoy a drink or a meal in the stadium’s bar and restaurant. The bar and restaurant offer a variety of food and drink options, and they have a great view of the pitch.
- Attend a corporate event at the stadium. The stadium is a popular venue for corporate events, such as conferences, meetings, and dinners. It has a variety of facilities that can be tailored to meet the needs of any event.
If you are a fan of football or Shrewsbury Town Football Club, then Montgomery Waters Meadow stadium is a great place to visit. It is a modern stadium with a variety of facilities, and it is sure to provide you with a memorable experience.
Things to do near the Montgomery Waters Meadow stadium
- Visit Shrewsbury Castle. This 1000-year-old castle is a fascinating place to explore. You can see the Great Hall, the State Apartments, and the Norman Keep.
- Take a walk through Shrewsbury Abbey. This beautiful abbey was founded in 1083 and is one of the most important religious buildings in England.
- Visit the Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery. This museum has a wide range of exhibits, including Roman artifacts, medieval art, and 20th century paintings.
- Go shopping in Shrewsbury. The town has a wide range of shops, from high street stores to independent boutiques.
- Enjoy a meal in Shrewsbury. There are many great restaurants in Shrewsbury, serving everything from traditional English fare to international cuisine.
If you are looking for something to do on a sunny day, you could also visit one of the following:
- The Quarry Park. This large park has a lake, a playground, and plenty of open space for picnics.
- The River Severn. You can take a boat trip on the River Severn, go for a swim, or just relax on the banks of the river.
- The Shropshire Hills. The Shropshire Hills are a beautiful area of countryside with plenty of walking and cycling trails.
I hope this gives you some ideas for things to do near the Montgomery Waters Meadow stadium in Shrewsbury.