St James Park Stadium guide
St James Park is a football stadium in Exeter, England. It is the home of Exeter City F.C. and has a capacity of 8,219.
Table of Contents
The stadium was opened in 1904 and has undergone a number of redevelopments over the years. The most recent redevelopment was completed in 2018 and included the construction of a new stand, the Stagecoach Adam Stansfield Stand.
St James Park is a popular venue for football matches and has hosted a number of high-profile games, including FA Cup and League Cup matches. The stadium has also hosted international matches, including England U21s matches and a match between England and Brazil in 1993.
St James Park is a centrally located stadium and is easily accessible by public transport. The stadium is also close to the city centre and there are a number of pubs and restaurants nearby.
Pubs near St James Park, home of Exeter City FC, for home and away fans
- The Duke of York Inn is a traditional English pub with a wide range of beers and ciders. It is located just a short walk from the stadium. Address: 58 Sidwell St, Exeter EX4 6PH. Phone: 0121 272 5499.
- The Victoria Inn is a popular pub with a large beer garden. It is located a 10-minute walk from the stadium. Address: 36 Victoria St, Exeter EX4 6JQ. Phone: 01392 342640.
- The Bowling Green is a friendly pub with a good selection of beers and food. It is located a 15-minute walk from the stadium. Address: 29-30 Blackboy Rd, Exeter EX4 6ST. Phone: 01392 490300.
- The Social Club is located at the ground and is open to both home and away fans. It has a bar, restaurant and function room. Located inside the ground and is for the use of home and away fans.
These are just a few of the many pubs near St James Park Exeter. If you are looking for a specific type of pub, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Hotels near St James Park Stadium, Exeter
- Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel is a 4-star hotel located in the heart of Exeter, just a short walk from St James Park. The hotel has a restaurant, bar, and fitness centre. It also offers free Wi-Fi and parking.
- Leonardo Hotel Exeter – Formerly Jurys Inn is a 3-star hotel located in the city centre, just a 5-minute walk from St James Park. The hotel has a restaurant, bar, and fitness centre. It also offers free Wi-Fi and parking.
- Premier Inn Exeter City Centre is a 2-star hotel located in the city centre, just a 10-minute walk from St James Park. The hotel has a restaurant, bar, and fitness centre. It also offers free Wi-Fi and parking.
- White Hart by Marston’s Inns is a 3-star hotel located in a historic building in the city centre, just a 15-minute walk from St James Park. The hotel has a restaurant, bar, and beer garden. It also offers free Wi-Fi.
These are just a few of the many hotels near St James Park Exeter. There are many other hotels to choose from, depending on your budget and preferences.
How to get to St James Park, Exeter City football ground
- By train: The stadium is served by St James Park railway station, which is right next to the ground. Trains run from London Paddington and other major cities in the UK.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near the stadium. The nearest bus stops are on St James Road and Paris Street.
- By car: There is a car park at the stadium, but it can fill up quickly on match days. There is also street parking available in the surrounding area.
Once you arrive at the stadium, you will need to go through security and show your ticket. The stadium is wheelchair accessible and there are designated areas for disabled fans.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at St James Park Stadium, Exeter
There are many things to do at St James Park in Exeter, England. The stadium is home to Exeter City FC, a professional football club that competes in EFL League One, the third tier of English football. St James Park is also a popular venue for concerts and other events.
- Watch a football match: Exeter City FC plays home matches at St James Park from August to May. Tickets can be purchased online or at the stadium box office.
- Attend a concert: St James Park is a popular venue for concerts and other events. Some of the artists who have performed at St James Park include The Killers, The Script, and Ed Sheeran.
- Take a tour of the stadium: The stadium offers a guided tour that takes visitors around the pitch, the stands, and the changing rooms. Tours are available on a first-come, first-served basis and must be booked in advance.
- Visit the club shop: The club shop sells a range of Exeter City FC merchandise, including shirts, scarves, and hats.
- Enjoy a drink at the stadium bar: The stadium bar is open before, during, and after matches. It serves a range of drinks, including beer, wine, and soft drinks.
If you are a fan of football or live music, St James Park is a great place to visit. The stadium is also a popular destination for tourists who are visiting Exeter.
Things to do near St James Park, Exeter
- Visit Exeter Cathedral, a beautiful and historic building that has been standing for over 900 years.
- Explore the Royal Albert Memorial Museum and Art Gallery, which houses a collection of art and artifacts from around the world.
- Take a walk along Exeter Quay, a picturesque waterfront area with shops, restaurants, and cafes.
- Visit the Underground Passages, a network of tunnels that were used for storage and defence during the Middle Ages.
- Go to Topsham Museum, a local museum that tells the story of Topsham, a town on the River Exe.
- See the Exeter Guildhall, a medieval building that is now used for civic events.
- Visit Pebblebed Vineyard, a vineyard that produces award-winning wine.
- Go to St Nicholas Priory, the ruins of a 12th-century priory.
If you are looking for something to do in the evening, there are a number of theatres, bars, and restaurants in Exeter. You can also catch a show at the Exeter Phoenix, a performing arts venue.
Here are some tours that you can join:
- Historic Exeter Walking Tour: This tour takes you to some of the most important historical sites in Exeter, including Exeter Cathedral, the Royal Albert Memorial Museum and Art Gallery, and Exeter Quay.
- Exeter Chocolate Tour: This tour takes you to some of the best chocolate shops in Exeter and teaches you about the history of chocolate and how it is made.
- Exeter Ghost Walk: This tour takes you around Exeter at night and tells you about the city’s most haunted places.
I hope this gives you some ideas for things to do near St James Park Exeter.