Weston Homes Stadium guide
Weston Homes Stadium is a football stadium in Peterborough, England. It is the home ground of Peterborough United and has a capacity of 15,314. The stadium was built in 1913 and has been renovated several times since then. It was renamed the Weston Homes Stadium in 2019 as part of a sponsorship deal.
Table of Contents
The stadium is located in the Fletton area of Peterborough, south of the River Nene. It is close to the city centre and is easily accessible by car, bus, train or bicycle. There is a large car park at the stadium, as well as several bus stops and a train station nearby.
The stadium has a number of facilities for supporters, including a large seated stand, a standing terrace, a family stand, a club shop, a bar and a restaurant. There are also a number of corporate hospitality suites available at the stadium.
The Weston Homes Stadium is a popular venue for football matches and other events. It has hosted a number of England international youth team matches, as well as matches for the FA Cup, League Cup and Football League Trophy. The stadium has also hosted concerts and other events.
Pubs near Weston Homes Stadium, Home of Peterborough United
- The Peacock Pub: This traditional pub is a popular spot for both locals and visitors alike. It has a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as a menu of pub food. Address: 26 London Rd, Peterborough PE2 8AR. Phone: 01733 311829.
- The Yard of Ale Pub: This pub is known for its selection of real ales, as well as its live music and quiz nights. Address: 72 Oundle Rd, Woodston, Peterborough PE2 9PA. Phone: 01733 348000.
- The Palmerston Arms: This historic pub is a great place to enjoy a pint of beer and watch the game. It also has a large beer garden, which is perfect for sunny days. Address: 82 Oundle Rd, Woodston, Peterborough PE2 9PA. Phone: 01733 565865.
All of these pubs are within walking distance of Weston Homes Stadium, so they are perfect for a pre- or post-match drink.
Here are some other options that are a bit further away, but still within a short drive:
- The Golden Fleece: This pub is a popular spot for live music. Address: 18 Sheep Market, Stamford PE9 2RB. Phone: 01780 763749.
- The Black Horse: This pub is a great place to enjoy a traditional English pub lunch. Address: Black Horse, 14 Overend, Elton, Peterborough PE8 6RU. Phone: 01832 280591.
Hotels near Weston Homes Stadium in Peterborough, England
- Hilton Garden Inn Peterborough City Centre – 1.2 miles from the stadium, this hotel has a fitness centre, indoor pool, and free Wi-Fi. It also has a restaurant and bar.
- The Queensgate Hotel – 0.7 miles from the stadium, this hotel has a restaurant, bar, and fitness centre. It also has free Wi-Fi and parking.
- Premier Inn Peterborough City Centre – 0.6 miles from the stadium, this hotel has a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi. It also has parking for a fee.
- Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough Hotel – 0.9 miles from the stadium, this hotel has a restaurant, bar, and fitness center. It also has free Wi-Fi and parking for a fee.
All of these hotels are within walking distance of Weston Homes Stadium and have good reviews from previous guests.
Here are some other options that are a bit further away, but still within a reasonable distance of the stadium:
- Holiday Inn Express Peterborough – 1.9 miles from the stadium, this hotel has a restaurant, bar, and fitness centre. It also has free Wi-Fi and parking for a fee.
- Travelodge Peterborough – 2.1 miles from the stadium, this hotel has a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi. It also has parking for a fee.
- Jurys Inn Peterborough – 2.3 miles from the stadium, this hotel has a restaurant, bar, and fitness centre. It also has free Wi-Fi and parking for a fee.
When choosing a hotel, it is important to consider your budget, your needs, and your preferences. If you are looking for a luxurious hotel with all the amenities, then the Hilton Garden Inn Peterborough City Centre or The Queensgate Hotel may be a good option for you. If you are looking for a more affordable option, then the Premier Inn Peterborough City Centre or Park Inn by Radisson Peterborough Hotel may be a better choice. And if you are looking for a hotel that is close to the stadium but not too expensive, then the Holiday Inn Express Peterborough or Travelodge Peterborough may be a good option.
How to get to the Weston Homes Stadium in Peterborough, England
- By car: The stadium is located at London Road, Peterborough, PE2 8AL. There is plenty of parking available at the stadium, but it can fill up quickly on match days.
- By train: The nearest train station is Peterborough Railway Station. From the station, it is a short walk to the stadium.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near the stadium. The nearest bus stop is on London Road.
Once you arrive at the stadium, there are a number of ways to get inside. You can purchase tickets at the ticket office, or you can show your season ticket if you have one.
The stadium is wheelchair accessible, and there are a number of accessible viewing areas available. There are also a number of catering options available at the stadium, including a bar, a restaurant, and a food court.
The Weston Homes Stadium is a great place to watch a football match. The stadium is always lively on match days, and the atmosphere is electric. If you are ever in Peterborough, be sure to check out a match at the Weston Homes Stadium.
Here are some additional tips for getting to the Weston Homes Stadium:
- Plan your trip in advance. This will help you avoid traffic and find the best parking spot.
- Arrive early. The stadium gates open two hours before kick-off. This will give you plenty of time to find your seat and get settled in.
- Dress for the weather. The weather in Peterborough can be unpredictable, so be sure to dress in layers.
- Have fun! The Weston Homes Stadium is a great place to watch a football match. So relax, enjoy the game, and cheer on your team!
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at Weston Homes Stadium
- Watch a Peterborough United football match. The Posh are a League One team and play at the Weston Homes Stadium.
- Take a tour of the stadium. The stadium offers a guided tour that takes you around the pitch, the changing rooms, and the press box.
- Attend a concert or other event. The Weston Homes Stadium is a popular venue for concerts, conferences, and other events.
- Have a meal or drink at the stadium. There are a number of restaurants and bars at the stadium, including the Posh Clubhouse, which has views of the pitch.
- Visit the club shop. The club shop sells a range of Peterborough United merchandise, including shirts, scarves, and hats.
- Take a walk around the stadium grounds. The stadium grounds are open to the public on non-match days and make for a pleasant walk.
If you are a fan of Peterborough United or just enjoy watching football, then the Weston Homes Stadium is a great place to visit. There are a number of things to do at the stadium, both on match days and non-match days.
Things to do near Weston Homes Stadium in Peterborough
- Visit the Peterborough Museum and Art Gallery. This museum has a wide variety of exhibits, including Roman artifacts, Egyptian mummies, and paintings by local artists.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the River Nene. The river is a popular spot for recreation, and there are several parks and gardens along its banks.
- Go shopping in the city center. Peterborough has a number of shops, boutiques, and department stores.
- See a show at the Broadway Theatre. This theater hosts a variety of performances, including plays, musicals, and concerts.
- Visit the Cathedral. Peterborough Cathedral is a beautiful example of Gothic architecture.
- Take a day trip to Stamford. Stamford is a historic town located about 10 miles from Peterborough. It is known for its Georgian architecture and its market square.
If you are looking for something to do with children, here are a few ideas:
- Visit the Nenesaurus Park. This park has a number of dinosaur sculptures, as well as a playground and a cafe.
- Go to the Discovery Centre. This science museum has exhibits on a variety of topics, including space, the human body, and the environment.
- Take a ride on the miniature railway. This railway runs through the grounds of Nene Park.
These are just a few of the many things to do near Weston Homes Stadium in Peterborough. With so much to see and do, you are sure to have a great time exploring this city.