Bescot Stadium guide
Bescot Stadium is a football stadium in Walsall, England. It is the home ground of Walsall Football Club and Aston Villa Women. The stadium has a capacity of 11,300.
Table of Contents
Bescot Stadium was built in 1989-90 to replace the club’s previous ground, Fellows Park. The stadium was opened on 18 August 1990 with a friendly match against Aston Villa.
Bescot Stadium is a modern all-seater stadium with four stands. The Poundland Stand is the largest stand and houses the majority of the home supporters. The Tile Choice Stand is the second largest stand and houses the away supporters. The Experienced Energy Solutions Stand and the B.A.T Stand are the two smaller stands.
Bescot Stadium is located less than a mile from junction 9 of the M6 motorway. The stadium has a mainline railway station within easy walking distance and parking spaces for around 1,200 vehicles.
Pubs near Bescot Stadium, home of Walsall FC
- Sir Charles Napier is a traditional English pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It has a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as a good range of food. Address: 153 Milton St, Walsall WS1 4LW. Phone: 01922 610796
- Champys Bradford Arms is a gastropub with a modern twist. It serves up delicious food made with fresh, local ingredients. The pub also has a wide selection of beers and wines. Address: 504 Pleck Rd, Walsall WS2 9HE. Phone: 01922 641439
- The Windmill is a family-friendly pub with a large beer garden. It’s a great place to go for a relaxed drink or a meal with the kids. Address: The Windmill, 116 Coronation Rd, Wednesbury WS10. Phone: 0121 536 1039
Here are some other options that are a bit further away, but still within walking distance:
- The Queens Head is a traditional pub with a wide selection of beers. It is located about a 25-minute walk from the stadium. Address: 140 Church St, Bloxwich, Walsall WS3 3JQ. Phone: 01922 277285
If you are looking for a more traditional English pub experience, then The Windmill or The Sir Charles Napier are good options. If you are looking for a pub with a wider selection of beers, then The Bradford Arms or The Queens Head are good options. And if you are looking for a pub with a large beer garden, then The Fullbrook is a good option.
These are just a few of the many pubs near Bescot Stadium. With so many options to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect place to enjoy a drink and a bite to eat before or after the match.
Hotels near the Bescot Stadium in Walsall
- Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham Walsall is a 3-star hotel located near the Stadium. It offers modern rooms with free Wi-Fi, a restaurant and bar.
- Premier Inn Walsall Town Centre is a 2-star hotel located in the heart of Walsall town centre, a 10-minute walk from the Stadium. It offers en-suite rooms with free Wi-Fi, a bar and restaurant.
- Travelodge Walsall is a budget hotel located just 2 miles from Bescot Stadium. It offers en-suite rooms with free Wi-Fi, a bar and restaurant.
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham – Walsall, an IHG Hotel is a 3-star hotel located just 1 mile from Bescot Stadium. It offers en-suite rooms with free Wi-Fi, a restaurant and bar.
These are just a few of the many hotels near Bescot Stadium. When choosing a hotel, it is important to consider your budget, your needs and your preferences.
How to get to the Bescot Stadium
- By car: Bescot Stadium is located at 1 Bescot Crescent, Walsall, West Midlands, WS2 8RT. The stadium is well-signposted from the M6 motorway. There is a car park at the stadium, but it can get busy on match days.
- By train: Bescot Stadium railway station is located just a short walk from the stadium. Trains run from Birmingham New Street and Wolverhampton.
- By bus: There are a number of bus services that stop near Bescot Stadium. The nearest bus stop is on Bescot Road.
If you are planning to travel to Bescot Stadium by car, it is advisable to arrive early, as traffic can be heavy on match days. There is also a limited amount of parking available at the stadium, so it is advisable to book your parking in advance.
If you are planning to travel to Bescot Stadium by train or bus, it is advisable to check the timetables in advance, as services can be disrupted on match days.
Once you have arrived at Bescot Stadium, there are a number of facilities available, including a bar, a restaurant, and a club shop. There is also a car park, but it can get busy on match days.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do near Bescot Stadium
- Visit Walsall Museum. This museum has exhibits on the history of Walsall, including its role in the Industrial Revolution.
- Go for a walk in Walsall Arboretum. This 100-acre park has a variety of trees, flowers, and wildlife.
- Take a ride on the Dudley Canal & Tunnel Trust. This trust operates a narrowboat service on the Dudley Canal, which passes through Walsall.
- See a show at the Light Cinema Walsall. This cinema has 8 screens and shows a variety of films.
- Have a meal at The Railway Inn. This pub is located right next to Bescot Stadium and serves traditional pub food.
- Go shopping at the Walsall Market. This market is open 7 days a week and sells a variety of goods, including fresh produce, clothes, and souvenirs.
If you are looking for something to do with children, you could also visit:
- The Black Country Living Museum. This museum is a recreated 19th century village.
- The Think Tank. This science museum has exhibits on a variety of scientific topics.
- Blists Hill Victorian Town. This museum is a recreated Victorian town.
These are just a few ideas for things to do near Bescot Stadium. There are many other options available, so you are sure to find something to keep you entertained.