Broadfield Stadium guide
Broadfield Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Crawley, England. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home ground of Crawley Town F.C. The stadium has a capacity of 6,134 people, and is owned by Crawley Borough Council.
Table of Contents
The stadium was built in 1997 to replace Crawley Town’s previous home, Town Mead. It was officially opened on 19 October 1997 with a friendly match against Brighton & Hove Albion. The stadium has since hosted a number of high-profile matches, including FA Cup and League Cup ties.
In 2013, the stadium was renamed the Checkatrade.com Stadium as part of a sponsorship deal. The sponsorship deal expired in 2018, and the stadium was renamed “The Peoples Pension Stadium” as part of a new sponsorship deal. For the 2022/23 Season, the stadium has reverted back to being named the “Broadfield Stadium”.
Broadfield Stadium is located in Broadfield, Crawley. It is next to a roundabout about a mile from Crawley railway station and two miles from Three Bridges railway station, which is on the Brighton Main Line. The roundabout has a large white and red football in the centre and is at the end of the Brighton Road, which is easy to find from junction eleven on the M23 motorway.
The stadium has a number of facilities, including a main stand, a family stand, a seated stand, and a standing terrace. There is also a club shop, a bar, and a restaurant.
Broadfield Stadium is a popular venue for football matches and other events. It is a well-maintained stadium with good facilities. The stadium is also easily accessible by car, train, or bus.
Here are some of the events that have been held at Broadfield Stadium:
- FA Cup matches
- League Cup matches
- Conference National matches
- Non-League Cup matches
- Friendly matches
- Other events
If you are planning to attend a football match or other event at Broadfield Stadium, here are some things to keep in mind:
- The stadium is located in a residential area, so please be respectful of local residents.
- There is a car park at the stadium, but it can get busy on match days.
- There are also a number of public transport options available, including trains, buses, and taxis.
- The stadium has a number of food and drink concessions, but it is advisable to bring your own food and drink if you are planning to stay for a long time.
- The stadium is a safe and welcoming environment, but please be aware of your surroundings and report any suspicious activity to a member of staff.
Pubs near Broadfield Stadium, home of Crawley Town FC
- Grand Bay: A modern pub with a large outdoor terrace. It is a 15-minute walk from the stadium. Address: Broadfield Barton, Pelham Pl, Crawley RH11 9BA. Phone: 01293 516695.
- The Railway: A 19th century pub with a traditional atmosphere. It is a 20-minute walk from the stadium. Website. Address: 2-4 Brighton Rd, Crawley RH10 6AA. Phone: 01293 618995.
- The New Moon: This pub is located just a 5-minute walk from the stadium and is a great place to go for a pre-match pint. It has a friendly atmosphere and a good selection of beers on tap. Address: Brighton Rd, Crawley RH10 6SZ. Phone: 01293 203347.
- The Downsman: This pub is located a bit further away from the stadium, but it’s still within walking distance. It’s a popular spot for away fans and has a large beer garden. Address: Wakehurst Dr, Crawley RH10 6DH. Phone: 01293 526173.
- Redz Bar: This bar is located inside the stadium and is open to both home and away fans. It’s a great place to go for a drink before or after the match.
If you are looking for a pub with a more lively atmosphere, The New Moon or The Downsman would be a good option. If you are looking for a pub with a more relaxed atmosphere, The Railway would be a good choice.
If you’re looking for something to eat before the match, there are a few restaurants located near the stadium. Here are a few popular options:
- Turtle Bay: This Caribbean restaurant is located just a short walk from the stadium and has a wide variety of food to choose from.
- Sage: This restaurant serves modern British cuisine and has a Michelin star.
- Da Nico: This Italian restaurant is located in the town centre and is a popular spot for both locals and visitors.
Hotels near Broadfield Stadium, Crawley
- Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff’s Park) – Modern rooms in a budget hotel with an on-site pub/restaurant, free parking and meeting facilities.
- Barrington Lodge – Informal rooms in an 18-century Tudor-style hotel offering complimentary parking & Wi-Fi.
- Travelodge Crawley – Straightforward budget hotel offering a bar/cafe, plus bright rooms with free Wi-Fi & flat-screens.
- Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West – Bright rooms in a relaxed roadside hotel offering a cosy restaurant with a bar, plus free Wi-Fi.
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick – Crawley – An IHG Hotel – This hotel is located just 2 miles from Broadfield Stadium and offers free Wi-Fi, an on-site restaurant and a fitness centre.
- The Northgate – This 4-star hotel is located in the heart of Crawley and offers a spa, a restaurant and a bar. It is just a 10-minute walk from Broadfield Stadium.
How to get to Broadfield Stadium, Crawley town football ground
- By car: Exit the M23 at junction 11 and follow the signs for Crawley. The stadium is on the left on Winfield Way. There is a car park at the stadium, but it can get busy on match days.
- By bus: There are several bus services that stop near the stadium. The nearest bus stop is on Brighton Road, opposite the stadium.
- By train: Crawley Railway Station is about a 10-minute walk from the stadium. From the station, head south along Brighton Road and the stadium will be on your left.
If you are planning on attending a match at Broadfield Stadium, it is advisable to arrive early to avoid traffic and parking problems.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do near Broadfield Stadium, Crawley
- Go Ape Crawley: This is an adventure park with treetop courses, zip wires, and other activities.
- Tilgate Park: This is a large park with a lake, gardens, and a playground.
- K2 Crawley: This is a sports complex with a swimming pool, gym, and climbing wall.
- The Hawth: This is a theatre that hosts a variety of performances, including plays, musicals, and comedy shows.
- Huxley’s Birds of Prey Centre and Gardens: This is a centre that houses birds of prey, such as owls, hawks, and eagles. There are also gardens to explore.
- Crawley Memorial Gardens: These gardens are home to a variety of flowers, plants, and trees. There is also a fountain and a bandstand.
- Nymans Gardens and House: These gardens are known for their rhododendrons and azaleas. There is also a house that has been converted into a museum.
If you are looking for something to eat or drink, there are a number of restaurants and pubs near Broadfield Stadium. You can also find a variety of shops, including supermarkets, clothing stores, and souvenir shops.