Eco-Power Stadium guide
The Eco-Power Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Doncaster, England. It is the home of Doncaster Rovers F.C., Doncaster R.L.F.C., and Doncaster Rovers Belles L.F.C. The stadium has a capacity of 15,231 and was opened in 2007.
Table of Contents
The stadium is named after Eco-Power, a renewable energy company. The company sponsored the stadium for its first five years of operation. In 2012, the stadium was renamed the Keepmoat Stadium after a new sponsorship deal with Keepmoat Homes. However, the stadium reverted to its original name in 2019 after Eco-Power renewed its sponsorship.
The Eco-Power Stadium is a modern stadium with a number of amenities, including a club shop, a restaurant, and a bar. The stadium also has a number of corporate hospitality suites.
The stadium has hosted a number of major events, including FA Cup matches, League Cup matches, and international rugby league matches. The stadium has also hosted a number of concerts, including performances by The Killers, The Stereophonics, and Olly Murs.
Pubs near the Eco-Power Stadium, home of Doncaster Rovers
- The Lakeside Beefeater is a popular chain pub with a wide selection of food and drinks. It is located just a short walk from the stadium. Address: South Entry Drive, White Rose Way, Doncaster DN4 5PJ. Phone: 01302 361134
- Cheswold Lodge Brewers Fayre is another popular chain pub with a family-friendly atmosphere. It is located in the Doncaster Leisure Park, which is a short drive from the stadium. Address: Doncaster Leisure Park, Herten Way, Bawtry Rd, Doncaster DN4 7NW. Phone: 01302 533000.
- The Draughtsman Alehouse is a micropub that is located in the town centre, a short walk from the stadium. It is a great place to try local beers and ciders. Address: Platform 3b, Doncaster Railway Station, South Yorkshire DN1 1PE.
If you are looking for something a little more unique, you could try one of the following:
- The Blacksmiths Arms is a 17th century pub that is located in the village of Rossington, a short drive from the stadium. It is a popular spot for Sunday roasts. Address: Main St, Harworth, Doncaster DN11 8LB. Phone: 01302 742344.
Hotels near the Eco-Power Stadium in Doncaster
- Premier Inn Doncaster Lakeside is a 3-star hotel with free parking and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from the stadium.
- Travelodge Doncaster Lakeside is a 2-star hotel with free parking and free Wi-Fi. It is a 15-minute walk from the stadium.
- Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Racecourse is a 4-star hotel with a restaurant, bar, and fitness centre. It is a 5-minute drive from the stadium.
- The Earl of Doncaster is a 4-star hotel with a restaurant, bar, and spa. It is a 10-minute drive from the stadium.
- Best Western Plus Pastures Hotel is a 3-star hotel with a restaurant, bar, and garden. It is a 15-minute drive from the stadium.
How to get to the Eco-Power Stadium in Doncaster
- By car: The stadium is located off Stadium Way, Doncaster, DN4 7AA. There is a large car park at the stadium with over 2,000 spaces.
- By bus: There are several bus services that stop near the stadium, including the number 56, 61 and 62. The nearest bus stop is on Lakeside Road.
- By train: The nearest train station is Doncaster railway station, which is around a 10-minute walk from the stadium.
- By bike: There are cycle paths that lead to the stadium from several parts of Doncaster. There is also a bike rack at the stadium.
If you are planning to attend a match or event at the Eco-Power Stadium, it is advisable to book your travel in advance, especially if you are travelling by train or bus.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at the Eco-Power Stadium
- Watch a Doncaster Rovers football match: Doncaster Rovers are a professional football club that play in League Two, the fourth tier of English football.
- Watch a Doncaster Rugby League match: Doncaster R.L.F.C. are a professional rugby league club that play in the Betfred Championship, the second tier of English rugby league.
- Attend a concert or other event: The Eco-Power Stadium is a popular venue for concerts and other events. Some of the artists who have performed at the stadium include Take That, Olly Murs, and The Killers.
- Take a tour of the stadium: The stadium offers guided tours that give visitors a behind-the-scenes look at the facilities. Tours are available on match days and non-match days.
- Visit the Club Doncaster Academy: The Club Doncaster Academy is a state-of-the-art sports facility that is home to Doncaster Rovers’ youth teams. The academy is open to the public for tours and for use by non-league teams.
Things you can do near Eco-Power Stadium in Doncaster
- Visit the Doncaster Dome, a 2,000-seat arena that hosts a variety of events, including concerts, shows, and sporting events.
- Take a walk or bike ride through Potteric Carr Nature Reserve, a 100-hectare wetland area with a variety of wildlife.
- Visit the Cusworth Hall and Gardens, a Georgian stately home with stunning gardens.
- Go shopping at Lakeside Village Outlet, a large outlet mall with over 100 stores.
- See a show at Cast, a theatre company that produces a variety of plays and musicals.
- Visit the Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery, which has a collection of over 40,000 objects, including paintings, sculptures, and archaeological finds.
- Take a ride on the Robin Hood Steam Railway, a heritage railway that runs through the countryside.
- Visit the Yorkshire Wildlife Park, a zoo with over 400 animals from around the world.
These are just a few ideas for things you can do near Eco-Power Stadium in Doncaster. There are many other options available, so be sure to explore and find what you enjoy most.