Holker Street Stadium guide
Holker Street Stadium is a football stadium in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England. It is the home ground of Barrow A.F.C. and has a capacity of 5,400. The stadium was built in 1909 and has been renovated several times since then.
Table of Contents
The stadium is located in the town centre and is easily accessible by public transport. There is a car park on site, but it can get very busy on match days.
The stadium has three stands: the Brian Arrowsmith Stand, the Ray Wilkie Stand and the Steelworks End. The Brian Arrowsmith Stand is the main stand and is where the majority of home fans sit. The Ray Wilkie Stand is the away stand and the Steelworks End is a terraced stand.
The stadium has a number of facilities, including a bar, a club shop and a social club. There is also a pitchside TV for fans to watch replays of the action.
Holker Street Stadium is a popular venue for football matches and other events.
Pubs near Holker Street Stadium, Barrow AFC football ground
- The Crossbar: This pub is located right next to the stadium and is a popular spot for both home and away fans. It has a wide selection of drinks and food, and a lively atmosphere on matchdays. Barrow-in-Furness LA14 5UQ.
- The Soccer Bar: This pub is also located close to the stadium and is another popular spot for pre-match drinks. It has a large selection of beers on tap, and a pool table and darts board for entertainment. Address: Wilkie Rd, Barrow-in-Furness LA14 5UQ. Phone: 01229 825244.
- The Tally Ho: This pub is a bit further away from the stadium, but it is a great place to go for a more traditional pub experience. It has a wide selection of real ales, and a cozy atmosphere. Address: 2A Schneider Rd, Barrow-in-Furness LA14 5DN. Phone: 01229 870509
If you are looking for something a bit more unique, there are also a few other options nearby. The Duke of Edinburgh is a four-star hotel with a bar that has a great selection of cocktails and wine. The Furness Railway is a Wetherspoons pub that is themed around the history of the local railway.
No matter what you are looking for, there is sure to be a pub near Holker Street Stadium that is perfect for you.
Hotels near Holker Street Stadium in Barrow-in-Furness, England
- Travelodge Barrow In Furness is a budget hotel with free Wi-Fi and parking. It is 0.7 miles from the stadium.
- Premier Inn Barrow-In-Furness is a mid-range hotel with a restaurant and bar. It is 0.6 miles from the stadium.
- Holiday Inn Express Barrow-in-Furness is a chain hotel with free Wi-Fi and breakfast. It is 0.5 miles from the stadium.
- Ambrose Hotel is a traditional pub with rooms and a restaurant. It is 0.3 miles from the stadium.
If you are looking for a more luxurious stay, you could try the following hotels:
- The Midland is a 4-star hotel with a spa and gym. It is 1.2 miles from the stadium.
- The Furness Railway Hotel is a 4-star hotel with a restaurant and bar. It is 1.5 miles from the stadium.
- Storrs Hall is a 5-star hotel with a golf course and spa. It is 2.5 miles from the stadium.
These are just a few of the many hotels near Holker Street Stadium. You can find more options by searching online or using a travel agent.
How to get to Holker Street Stadium, home of Barrow AFC
- By car: The stadium is located at Wilkie Road, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 5UW. There is limited parking available at the stadium, but there are also a number of pay and display car parks nearby.
- By bus: The stadium is served by a number of bus routes, including the number 1, 2, 3, and 4. The nearest bus stop is located on Holker Street, just outside the stadium.
- By train: Barrow-in-Furness railway station is located a short walk from the stadium. The station is served by trains from Manchester, Liverpool, and London.
Once you arrive at the stadium, there are a number of ways to get inside. The main entrance is located on Wilkie Road, and there is also a disabled entrance on the Holker Street side of the stadium.
Here are some additional tips for getting to Holker Street Stadium:
- Plan your journey in advance. This will help you to avoid traffic and make sure that you arrive at the stadium in plenty of time for the match.
- Check the weather forecast. If it is going to be a wet day, you may want to bring an umbrella or raincoat.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking, so it is important to wear shoes that you can walk in comfortably.
- Be prepared for crowds. The stadium can get very busy on match days, so be prepared for crowds and long queues.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do near Holker Street Stadium, Barrow-in-Furness
- Visit the Barrow Museum, which has a collection of artifacts from the town’s history, including Roman coins, Viking swords, and Victorian clothing.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the River Duddon, which flows through the town.
- Visit the Walney Island Light Railway, a 2-mile long heritage railway that runs across Walney Island.
- Go for a hike in the Lake District National Park, which is located just a short drive away.
- Visit the town’s many pubs and restaurants, which serve traditional Cumbrian food and drink.
- See a show at the Forum Theatre, which hosts a variety of performances, including plays, musicals, and concerts.
- Take a boat trip on the Lake District, which offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and lakes.
If you are looking for something to do on a rainy day, here are a few suggestions:
- Visit the Barrow-in-Furness Town Hall, which has a beautiful art gallery and a library.
- Visit the Furness Railway Museum, which has a collection of historic railway locomotives and carriages.
- Go bowling at the Barrow Bowl, which has 12 lanes and a snack bar.
- Play a game of laser tag at Laser Quest, which is a fun and challenging activity for all ages.