Mazuma Stadium guide
The Mazuma Stadium is a football stadium in Morecambe, Lancashire, England. It is the home of Morecambe F.C. and has a capacity of 6,476. The stadium was opened in 2010, replacing the old Christie Park stadium.
Table of Contents
The Mazuma Stadium is a modern stadium with a number of amenities, including a grandstand, a club shop, a bar and a restaurant. The stadium is also used for a variety of other events, including concerts and conferences.
The Mazuma Stadium is a popular venue for Morecambe F.C. fans and is always a lively atmosphere on matchdays. The stadium is also well-located, being close to the town centre and the seafront.
Pubs near Mazuma Stadium, home of Morecambe FC
- The Hurley Flyer: This traditional pub has a wide range of beers on tap, as well as a good selection of food. Address: Westgate, Morecambe LA4 4TB. Phone: 01524 419044.
- The William Mitchell: This award-winning pub has a large beer garden and a menu of classic pub fare. Address: Glentworth Rd W, Morecambe LA4 4SZ. Phone: 01524 418330.
- The Joiners Arms: This friendly pub is popular with locals and visitors alike. It has a good selection of beers and a lively atmosphere. Address: 39 Queen St, Morecambe LA4 5EQ. Phone: 01524 833369.
- The Station Promenade: This pub is located right on the seafront, making it a great spot for a drink with a view. Address: Old Station Buildings, Marine Rd W, Morecambe LA4 4DB. Phone: 01524 410724.
- The Kings Arms: This pub is a short walk from the stadium and is a popular spot for pre-match drinks. Address: 248 Marine Rd E, Morecambe LA4 4BJ. Phone: 01524 410006.
If you’re looking for something a little different, you could try one of the following:
- The Brewery Tap: This pub is owned by the local brewery and has a wide range of their beers on tap.
- The Continental: This pub has a large selection of European beers and wines.
- The Blue Mountain: This pub has a focus on craft beers and has a regularly changing tap list. Address: 439 Marine Rd E, Morecambe LA4 6AB
Hotels near Mazuma Stadium in Morecambe
- Travelodge Morecambe is a budget hotel with a good location, just a 10-minute walk from the stadium. It has free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour reception.
- The Midland Hotel is a more luxurious hotel with a spa and a restaurant. It has views of Morecambe Bay and is a 15-minute walk from the stadium.
- The Sanderling Hotel is a bed and breakfast in a Victorian townhouse. It is a 5-minute walk from the stadium and has free Wi-Fi.
- Best Western Lothersdale Hotel is a hotel with a bar and restaurant. It is a 10-minute drive from the stadium and has free Wi-Fi.
If you are looking for a more unique accommodation option, you could also consider staying in one of the following:
- The Bay House is a converted Victorian villa with a garden and sea views. It is a 10-minute walk from the stadium.
- The Cabins at Morecambe Bay are wooden cabins located on the beach. They are a 15-minute walk from the stadium.
- The Old Laundry is a converted laundry building with a spa and a restaurant. It is a 10-minute drive from the stadium.
How to get to the Mazuma Stadium, Morecambe football ground
- By car: The stadium is located on Westgate Road, Morecambe, LA4 4XF. From London, take the M1 north to junction 19, then the M6 west to junction 34. Exit onto the A683 and follow signs for Morecambe. The stadium will be on your right-hand side.
- By train: The nearest train station is Morecambe Station, which is a short walk from the stadium. Trains run from London Euston to Morecambe several times a day.
- By bus: The number 10 bus runs from Lancaster to Morecambe and stops outside the stadium. Buses run every 15 minutes during the day.
Once you arrive at the stadium, there is plenty of parking available. There is also a taxi rank outside the stadium.
The stadium is open from 9am to 5pm, seven days a week. Admission is free.
The Mazuma Stadium is home to Morecambe Football Club, who play in League Two. The stadium has a capacity of 6,476.
Here are some of the things you can do at the Mazuma Stadium:
- Watch a Morecambe Football Club match
- Take a tour of the stadium
- Attend a concert or other event
- Have a picnic on the pitch
- Enjoy the views of Morecambe Bay
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do near the Mazuma Stadium in Morecambe
- Visit the Eric Morecambe statue. Eric Morecambe was a famous British comedian who was born in Morecambe. The statue is located on the Promenade, near the Mazuma Stadium.
- Take a walk along the Promenade. The Promenade is a beautiful walkway that runs along the seafront in Morecambe. It’s a great place to go for a walk, a run, or a bike ride.
- Visit the Morecambe Winter Gardens. The Morecambe Winter Gardens is a beautiful Victorian glasshouse that houses a variety of plants and flowers. There are also a number of restaurants and cafes in the Winter Gardens.
- Go for a swim in the Irish Sea. The Irish Sea is a great place to go for a swim, especially on a hot day. There are a number of beaches in Morecambe where you can go for a swim.
- Take a boat trip on Morecambe Bay. Morecambe Bay is a large tidal estuary that is home to a variety of wildlife. There are a number of boat trips that you can take on Morecambe Bay, where you can see seals, dolphins, and other wildlife.
- Visit the Holbeck Hall Museum. The Holbeck Hall Museum is a local history museum that tells the story of Morecambe and the surrounding area. The museum has a number of exhibits, including a Victorian kitchen, a World War II air raid shelter, and a collection of toys and games.
These are just a few suggestions for things to do near the Mazuma Stadium in Morecambe. There are many other things to see and do in this charming seaside town.