Peninsula Stadium guide
Peninsula Stadium, formerly known as Moor Lane, is a football stadium in the Kersal area of Salford, Greater Manchester, England. It has a capacity of 5,108 and is the home of Salford City Football Club.
Table of Contents
The stadium was opened in 1978 and was originally named Moor Lane. In 2017, it was renamed Peninsula Stadium after a sponsorship deal with Peninsula Business Services.
The stadium has been renovated several times since it was opened. The most recent renovation was completed in 2017, which saw the construction of a new stand on the Nevile Road side of the ground. This increased the stadium’s capacity from 2,163 to 5,032.
Peninsula Stadium is a popular venue for football matches. It has hosted matches in the National League, the National League North, and the FA Cup. The stadium has also hosted concerts and other events.
The stadium is located close to the M60 motorway and is easily accessible by public transport. There is a bus stop located outside the stadium, and the train station is a short walk away.
Peninsula Stadium is a modern stadium that is well-equipped to host a variety of events. It is a popular venue for football matches and other events, and it is sure to continue to be a popular destination for years to come.
Here are some of the amenities and facilities available at Peninsula Stadium:
- A main stand with seating for over 2,000 spectators
- A covered terrace on the Nevile Road side of the ground
- A grass pitch
- A floodlighting system
- A clubhouse with a bar and restaurant
- A car park
- A bus stop
- A train station
Peninsula Stadium is a great place to watch a football match or attend an event. It is a modern stadium with a range of amenities and facilities. The stadium is also easily accessible by public transport.
Pubs near Peninsula Stadium, home of Salford City
- The Star Inn is a traditional pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It is located just a short walk from the stadium and is a great place to go for a pre-match drink or a post-match pint. Address: 2 Back Hope St, Salford M7 2FR. Phone: 0161 792 4184.
- The Friendship Inn is another popular pub near the stadium. It is a bit larger than The Star Inn and has a more modern feel. It is a great place to go for a meal or a drink with friends. Address: Scholes Ln, Prestwich, Manchester M25 0PD. Phone: 0161 773 2645.
- The Woodthorpe is a gastropub that is located a bit further from the stadium. However, it is well worth the walk for the excellent food and drink. Address: Bury Old Rd, Prestwich, Manchester M25 0EG. Phone: 0161 795 0032.
If you are looking for a more lively atmosphere, you may want to try one of the bars on Chapel Street or The Crescent. These areas are home to a number of bars and clubs that are popular with both locals and visitors.
No matter what you are looking for in a pub, you are sure to find something to your liking near Peninsula Stadium in Salford.
Hotels near Peninsula Stadium in Salford
- Fairways Lodge is a 3-star hotel with a fitness centre, restaurant, and pub. It is located 1.5 miles from the stadium.
- Premier Inn Manchester Heaton Park is a 3-star hotel with an on-site restaurant and free parking. It is located 2 miles from the stadium.
- The Hazeldean Hotel is a 4-star hotel with a restaurant and bar. It is located 2.5 miles from the stadium.
- Premier Inn Manchester Swinton is a 3-star hotel with an on-site restaurant and free parking. It is located 3 miles from the stadium.
These are just a few of the many hotels near Peninsula Stadium in Salford. You can find more options by searching online or using a travel agent.
When choosing a hotel, consider your budget, the amenities you need, and the distance you want to be from the stadium. You may also want to consider hotels that offer free parking or shuttle service to the stadium.
How to get to Peninsula Stadium, Salford City football ground
- By car: The stadium is located at Moor Lane, Salford, M7 3PZ. There is limited parking available at the stadium, but there are also a number of pay-and-display car parks in the area.
- By bus: The stadium is served by a number of bus routes, including the 55, 56, 192, and 194. The nearest bus stop is on Moor Lane, just outside the stadium.
- By train: The nearest train station is Salford Crescent, which is a short walk from the stadium.
- By tram: The stadium is also served by the Metrolink tram system. The nearest tram stop is MediaCityUK, which is a short walk from the stadium.
Once you arrive at the stadium, there are a number of places to eat and drink, as well as a club shop where you can buy merchandise. The stadium also has a number of accessible facilities, including wheelchair accessible toilets and parking.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at Peninsula Stadium
- Watch a Salford City football match: Salford City is a professional football club that plays in League Two, the fourth tier of English football. The club has a large and passionate fan base, and matches at the Peninsula Stadium are often sold out.
- Take a tour of the stadium: The stadium offers a number of tours, which give you the chance to see behind the scenes and learn about the club’s history.
- Enjoy a meal or drink in the stadium’s hospitality suites: The stadium has a number of hospitality suites, which offer a great way to enjoy a match or event.
- Visit the club shop: The club shop sells a wide range of merchandise, including shirts, scarves, and hats.
Things to do near the Peninsula Stadium in Salford
- Visit the Salford Lads Club. This historic building was founded in 1850 and is now a museum dedicated to the history of Salford and its famous sons, including the members of the “Class of 92” who went on to become successful footballers.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the Bridgewater Canal. This canal, which was built in the 1760s, is a popular spot for recreation and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- Explore MediaCityUK. This large media complex is home to a number of TV and film studios, as well as the BBC’s new headquarters. There are also a number of restaurants, bars, and shops in MediaCityUK.
- Visit the Salford Museum and Art Gallery. This museum has a wide collection of exhibits, including archaeological finds, paintings, and sculptures.
- Go shopping in The Lowry Outlet. This outlet mall has over 100 stores, selling discounted fashion, homewares, and more.
- Catch a show at The Lowry. This theatre hosts a variety of performances, from plays and musicals to comedy and dance.
- Enjoy a meal at one of Salford’s many restaurants. The city has a wide range of dining options, from traditional pubs to trendy restaurants.
These are just a few of the many things to do near the Peninsula Stadium in Salford. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have a great time exploring this vibrant city.