The New Lawn Stadium guide
The New Lawn Stadium is a football stadium in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire, England. It has been the home stadium of League Two club Forest Green Rovers since 2006. During the 2007–08 season the stadium was shared with Gloucester City. The stadium has a capacity of 5,147, of which 2,000 is seated. It replaced The Lawn Ground as Forest Green Rovers’ home stadium and is expected to be replaced by a new stadium development located near the M5 motorway.
Table of Contents
The New Lawn Stadium is notable for its environmental features. The pitch is organic and is watered using recycled rainwater. The stadium is also home to a number of renewable energy technologies, including solar panels and wind turbines. In 2012, the stadium was awarded the Green Flag Award, the highest accolade for an outdoor space in the UK.
The New Lawn Stadium is a popular destination for football fans. The stadium is located in a picturesque setting in the Cotswolds and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The stadium is also well-served by public transport, making it easy for fans to get to and from matches.
Here are some of the things you can do at The New Lawn Stadium:
- Watch a Forest Green Rovers match: Forest Green Rovers are a League One club and play their home matches at The New Lawn Stadium. The club has a passionate fan base and matches are always entertaining.
- Take a tour of the stadium: The stadium offers a guided tour that takes you behind the scenes. You will learn about the history of the stadium and its environmental features.
- Visit the club shop: The club shop sells a wide range of Forest Green Rovers merchandise, including shirts, scarves, and hats.
- Enjoy a drink at the stadium bar: The stadium bar is a great place to meet up with friends before or after a match. The bar serves a range of drinks, including beer, wine, and soft drinks.
The New Lawn Stadium is a great place to watch a football match and enjoy a day out. The stadium is located in a beautiful setting and offers a variety of activities for fans to enjoy.
Pubs near The New Lawn Stadium, home of Forest Green Rovers
- The George Inn: This traditional pub has been serving food and drinks for over 400 years. It is located just a short walk from the stadium and is a popular spot for both locals and visitors alike. Address: New Market Rd, Nailsworth, Stroud GL6 0RF. Phone: 01453 833228.
- The Village Inn: This microbrewery is located in the heart of Nailsworth and offers a wide selection of beers on tap. It is a great place to go for a pint before or after the match. Address: Bath Rd, Nailsworth, Stroud GL6 0HH. Phone: 01453 835715.
- The Egypt Mill: This 16th century mill has been converted into a pub and restaurant. It offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside and is a great place to relax after a long day of exploring. Address: Egypt Mill Hotel & Restaurant, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire, GL6 0AE. 01453 833449.
If you are looking for something a little more lively, there are also a number of bars and clubs in Nailsworth. These include:
- The Old Lodge: This gastropub offers a modern take on classic British cuisine. It is a great place to go for a meal before or after the match. Address: Cirencester Road, Minchinhampton, Stroud GL6 9AQ. Phone: 01453 832047.
- The Hog: This award-winning pub is known for its selection of craft beers and its friendly atmosphere. Address: The Cross, Horsley, Stroud GL6 0PR. Phone: 01453 833843.
No matter what your taste, you are sure to find a great place to enjoy a drink and a bite to eat near The New Lawn Stadium.
Hotels near The New Lawn Stadium in Nailsworth, England
- The Amberley Inn is a 4-star hotel with a restaurant, bar, and garden. It is located 0.7 miles (1.1 km) from The New Lawn Stadium.
- The Egypt Mill is a 3-star hotel with a restaurant, bar, and garden. It is located 0.3 miles (0.5 km) from The New Lawn Stadium.
- Burleigh Court is a 4-star hotel with a restaurant, bar, and spa. It is located 1.5 miles (2.4 km) from The New Lawn Stadium.
- Premier Inn Stroud is a 3-star hotel with a restaurant, bar, and parking. It is located 1.2 miles (1.9 km) from The New Lawn Stadium.
Here are some other things to consider when choosing a hotel near The New Lawn Stadium:
- Price: Hotel prices vary depending on the type of hotel, the amenities offered, and the time of year.
- Location: Some hotels are located closer to The New Lawn Stadium than others.
- Amenities: Some hotels offer amenities such as free breakfast, parking, or a pool.
- Reviews: Read reviews of hotels before you book to get an idea of what other guests have experienced.
How to get to The New Lawn Stadium, Forest Green Rovers football ground
- By car: The stadium is located off of Station Road, Nailsworth. There is a car park available at the stadium, but it can fill up quickly on match days. If you are planning to drive, it is advisable to arrive early.
- By train: The nearest train station is Stroud, which is approximately 1.5 miles from the stadium. There is a regular bus service that runs between Stroud and Nailsworth, which will drop you off at the stadium.
- By bus: There are a number of bus services that run to Nailsworth from nearby towns and villages. The bus stop is located on Station Road, close to the stadium.
Once you arrive at the stadium, there are a number of places to eat and drink, as well as a club shop. The stadium is also wheelchair accessible.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do near The New Lawn Stadium in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire
- Visit the Woodchester Valley Vineyard, a family-owned and operated vineyard that offers tours, tastings, and events.
- Explore Trench Hill, a wildflower garden with stunning views of the Cotswolds countryside.
- Take a ride on the Torbay Express Limited, a miniature steam railway that runs through the Cotswold countryside.
- Visit Chavenage House, a stately home with beautiful gardens and a working watermill.
- Go for a hike in Woodchester Park, a 500-acre park with woodlands, lakes, and a historic mansion.
- Visit the Museum in the Park, a museum that tells the story of the Cotswolds through its archaeology, geology, and social history.
- Explore Newark Park, a 17th-century manor house with gardens, a lake, and a working farm.
- Climb Coaley Peak, a hill with panoramic views of the Cotswolds countryside.
- Take a boat trip on the Thames and Severn Canal, a canal that runs through the Cotswolds countryside.
These are just a few of the many things to do near The New Lawn Stadium. With its beautiful scenery, charming towns, and abundance of history and culture, the Cotswolds is a great place to explore.