J Davidson Stadium guide
The J. Davidson Stadium (formerly Moss Lane) is a multi-purpose stadium in Altrincham, Greater Manchester, England. It is currently used primarily for football matches and is the home ground of Altrincham F.C. The stadium also hosts games for Manchester United’s under 17s side, and women’s development team, as well as serving as a backup home venue for Manchester United W.F.C.
Table of Contents
The stadium comprises two all-seater stands on one side with a combined capacity of 1,323 spectators and terraces on the other three sides, giving a total capacity of 7,873.
The stadium was originally built in 1910 and has undergone a number of renovations over the years. The most recent renovation was in 2013, when the stadium was renamed the J. Davidson Stadium after a sponsorship agreement with the local scrap metal company.
The stadium is a popular venue for football fans and is known for its friendly atmosphere and family-friendly environment. It is also a popular venue for concerts and other events.
The J. Davidson Stadium is located on the corner of Moss Lane and Golf Road, about a ten-minute walk from Altrincham town centre. There is no public parking at the stadium itself, but there are a number of pay-and-display car parks in the surrounding area. The stadium is well-served by public transport, with buses and trains stopping nearby.
Pubs near the J Davidson Stadium, home of Altrincham FC
- The King George Pub is the closest pub to the stadium, located just a short walk away. It is a traditional English pub with a wide selection of beers and ales on tap, as well as a full food menu. The pub also has a heated patio and TV screens for watching live sports. Address: Moss Ln, Hale, Altrincham WA15 8BA. Phone: 0161 904 5921.
- The Old Packet House is another popular pub near the stadium, located about a 10-minute walk away. It is a more modern pub with a stylish interior and a wide range of drinks and food options. The pub also has a large outdoor terrace with views of the Bridgewater Canal. Address: 1 Navigation Rd, Altrincham WA14 1LW. Phone: 0161 900 6044.
- The Unicorn is a Wetherspoons pub located in the centre of Altrincham, about a 15-minute walk from the stadium. It is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike, offering a wide selection of affordable drinks and food. The pub also has a large beer garden and a number of TV screens for watching live sports. Address: 1-7 Ashley Rd, Altrincham WA14 2DP. Phone: 0161 926 4610.
Hotels near the J Davidson Stadium in Altrincham, England
- Travelodge Altrincham Central – This budget hotel is located just a short walk from the J Davidson Stadium. It offers clean and comfortable rooms, as well as a restaurant and bar.
- Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham hotel – This modern hotel is located a little further from the stadium, but it still offers good value for money. It has family rooms, an adjoining restaurant, and free parking.
- Best Western Cresta Court Hotel – This contemporary hotel is located in the heart of Altrincham. It offers stylish rooms, a restaurant, a cocktail bar, and free Wi-Fi and parking.
- Premier Inn Manchester Airport Runger Lane South – This airport hotel is located a short drive from the J Davidson Stadium. It offers laid-back rooms with complimentary Wi-Fi, plus a restaurant and bar.
The J. Davidson Stadium is a football stadium in Altrincham, Greater Manchester, England. It is the home of Altrincham F.C., who play in the National League.
How to get to the J Davidson Stadium, Altrincham football ground
The J Davidson Stadium, home to Altrincham FC, is located at Moss Lane, Altrincham, WA15 8AP.
From the M6 motorway, take junction 19 and follow the signs for Altrincham. At the Bowdon Roundabout, take the second exit onto Dunham Road. Continue onto Park Road, Langham Road, and Ashley Road. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Hale Road. Turn left onto Queen’s Road, then right onto Stamford Park Road. Turn right again onto Moss Lane and the stadium will be on your left.
There is no parking at the stadium itself, but there is on-street parking available in the surrounding area.
By public transport:
The J Davidson Stadium is a 10-15 minute walk from Altrincham Interchange, which is served by trains and trams.
From Manchester Piccadilly station, you can take a train to Altrincham station. The journey takes around 28 minutes.
From Manchester Piccadilly station, you can also take a Metrolink tram to Altrincham station. The journey takes around 45 minutes.
Once you arrive at Altrincham Interchange, you can walk to the stadium by following the signs.
If you are feeling energetic, you can also walk to the J Davidson Stadium from Altrincham town centre. The walk takes around 20 minutes.
To walk to the stadium, exit Altrincham Interchange via the main entrance and turn left into Moss Lane. Keep walking straight down Moss Lane and the stadium will eventually be on your left.
I hope this helps!
Things to do near the J. Davidson Stadium, Altrincham
- Visit Tatton Park. Tatton Park is a historic estate with a Tudor hall, neo-classical mansion, lavish gardens, a deer park, and a playground. It is located just a short drive from the J. Davidson Stadium.
- Take a walk through Denzell Gardens. Denzell Gardens is a beautiful park with a variety of flowers, trees, and plants. It is also home to a pond and a waterfall.
- Visit John Leigh Park. John Leigh Park is a large park with a variety of amenities, including a playground, tennis courts, and a bowling green. It is also home to an aviary with a variety of birds.
- Go ice skating at Planet Ice Altrincham. Planet Ice Altrincham is an ice rink that offers public skating sessions, as well as ice hockey and figure skating lessons.
- Visit the Manchester Storm Ice Hockey Club. The Manchester Storm Ice Hockey Club is a professional ice hockey team that plays in the Elite Ice Hockey League. They play their home games at Planet Ice Altrincham.
- Visit the Altrincham Markets. The Altrincham Markets are a collection of markets that sell a variety of goods, including food, clothing, and crafts. They are held on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Visit the Altrincham Library. The Altrincham Library is a public library that offers a variety of services, including book lending, computer access, and children’s programs.
- Visit the Altrincham Museum. The Altrincham Museum is a local history museum that tells the story of Altrincham from its early days to the present day.
- Visit the Altrincham Art Gallery. The Altrincham Art Gallery is a public art gallery that exhibits a variety of art, including paintings, sculptures, and photographs.
- Visit the Altrincham Craft Fair. The Altrincham Craft Fair is a monthly fair that sells a variety of handmade crafts, including jewellery, pottery, and textiles. It is held on the first Sunday of every month.
- Visit the Altrincham Farmers’ Market. The Altrincham Farmers’ Market is a weekly market that sells a variety of fresh produce, meat, and dairy products. It is held on Saturdays.