London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium guide
The London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium, more commonly known as Victoria Road, is a football stadium located in Dagenham, Greater London, England. It is the home ground of Dagenham & Redbridge and West Ham United Women.
Table of Contents
The stadium has a capacity of 6,078 and was first used in 1917 by a local factory side. It was initially not much more than a pitch with a few bare banks and it took until 1955 when Dagenham moved in before it got significantly developed.
Over the years, the stadium has undergone a number of renovations, including the construction of new stands and the installation of floodlights. The most recent major renovation was completed in 2009, when the West Stand was built.
London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium is a popular venue for football and other sporting events. It has also hosted a number of concerts and other cultural events over the years.
In addition to its sporting and cultural uses, Victoria Road is also a community hub. The stadium is home to a number of community groups and organizations, and it is regularly used for community events.
Victoria Road is a well-loved stadium by the people of Barking & Dagenham. It is a place where people come together to enjoy sport, culture, and community.
Here is some additional information about the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium:
- The stadium is located in the East-London suburb of Dagenham, about 12 miles from Central London.
- It is easily accessible by public transport, with Dagenham East Underground station just a short walk away.
- The stadium has a number of facilities for visitors, including a car park, a club shop, and catering outlets.
Pubs near the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium Stadium, home of Dagenham and Redbridge
- The Eastbrook (10-minute walk from the stadium): This smart, elegant pub serves real ales and has Sky TV. It also serves food, including the East End classic, pie and mash. Address: 835 Dagenham Rd, Dagenham RM10 7UP. Phone: 020 8592 1873.
- The Pipe Major (5-minute walk from the stadium): This family pub is a great place to go for a pre-match meal or drink. It has a wide range of food options, including burgers, pizzas, and steaks. Address: 1 Yew Tree Ave, Dagenham RM10 7FN. Phone: 020 3370 0981.
- The Oiler Bar (20-minute drive from the stadium): This unique pub is located on a boat in Royal Victoria Docks. It has a large beer garden and a snug seating area below deck. Address: The Oiler Bar, Royal Victoria Docks, London, Royal Victoria Beach E16 1AG.
Hotels near the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium Stadium
- Premier Inn London Dagenham hotel – No-frills hotel with contemporary en suite rooms, plus an on-site restaurant & free parking.
- ibis London Excel Docklands – Casual budget hotel offering modern rooms with complimentary Wi-Fi, plus a restaurant and bar.
- Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) hotel – Simple, economy en suite rooms, including family rooms, plus a restaurant with children’s menu.
- Premier Inn London Beckton hotel – Modern hotel budget rooms, plus free parking and WiFi, with breakfast free for under-16s.
These hotels are all located within a few miles of Victoria Road Stadium, and offer a variety of amenities and price points. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly hotel or a more luxurious option, you’re sure to find something to your liking.
How to get to the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium, Dagenham & Redbridge football ground.
By public transport:
The nearest railway station is Dagenham East, which is served by the District and Hammersmith & City lines. From the station, it is a 36-minute walk to the stadium.
There are also several bus routes that serve the stadium. The 174 bus stops directly outside the stadium, while the 145, 173, and 287 buses stop within a short walk.
From central London, take the A13 eastbound towards Tilbury. At the junction with the A1306, exit towards Dagenham/Hornchurch. Continue onto Ripple Road/A1306 and then turn left onto Ballards Road/B178. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Rainham Road S/A1112 and then turn left onto Victoria Road. The stadium will be on your right-hand side.
There is limited parking available at the stadium. Alternatively, you can park at Dagenham East Railway Station and walk to the stadium.
The stadium has disabled access and there are a number of disabled parking spaces available.
Things to do near the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium
London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium, home of Dagenham & Redbridge FC and West Ham United Women, is located in Dagenham, East London. While there’s not much to do in the immediate vicinity of the stadium, there are a number of attractions within a short distance.
- Dagenham Park: This large park offers a variety of activities, including a children’s play area, a boating lake, a cafe, and a variety of sports facilities.
- Beam Park: This new development is home to a number of shops, restaurants, and a cinema.
- The Valence House Museum: This museum is housed in a historic mansion and tells the story of Dagenham’s past.
- The Eastbrookend Country Park: This country park offers a variety of walking and cycling trails, as well as a children’s play area and a cafe.
- The River Thames: The River Thames is just a short walk from Victoria Road Stadium. There are a number of river cruises available, as well as opportunities for kayaking and canoeing.
If you’re willing to travel a little further, there are a number of other attractions in the area, including:
- Greenwich: Greenwich is home to a number of attractions, including the Royal Observatory, the Cutty Sark, and the National Maritime Museum.
- Canary Wharf: Canary Wharf is a modern financial district with a number of shops, restaurants, and bars.
- Stratford: Stratford is home to the Olympic Park and a number of shopping and entertainment venues, including Westfield Stratford City.
If you’re looking for something to do on matchday, there are a number of pubs and restaurants in the area where you can grab a bite to eat or a drink before or after the game. There are also a number of pre-match activities that take place at the stadium, such as face painting and balloon animals.