Mangata Pay UK Stadium guide
The Mangata Pay UK Stadium, also known as Meadow Park, is the home ground of Boreham Wood Football Club. It is located in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England. The stadium has a capacity of 4,502, with 1,250 seats for away fans.
Table of Contents
The stadium was originally built in 1953 and was known as Meadow Park until 2023, when Mangata Pay UK, a market leader in payroll solutions, became the club’s new stadium naming rights partner.
The Mangata Pay UK Stadium is a modern and well-equipped stadium, with a 3G pitch, floodlights, and a covered stand. It is also home to a number of other facilities, including a club shop, a bar, and a function room.
Boreham Wood FC play in the National League, the fifth tier of the English football league system. The club has a long and proud history, dating back to 1919. Boreham Wood have won the FA Trophy twice, in 2018 and 2020.
The Mangata Pay UK Stadium is a popular venue for football matches and other events. It is also home to the FA WSL team Arsenal Women FC.
Overall, the Mangata Pay UK Stadium is a modern and well-equipped stadium that is home to a number of successful sports teams. It is also a popular venue for other events.
Pubs near Meadow Park, home of Boreham Wood FC
- The Hart & Spool. This Wetherspoons pub is located just a short walk from Meadow Park and is a popular spot for both locals and away fans. It offers a wide range of beers and food at affordable prices. Address: 148-150 Shenley Rd, Borehamwood WD6 1EQ. Phone: 020 8953 1883.
- Good Companion. This traditional pub is known for its lively atmosphere and wide selection of sports on TV. It also has a Thai food menu and hosts live music at weekends. Address: 133 Shenley Rd, Borehamwood WD6 1AH.
- The Alfred Arms. This family-friendly pub offers a relaxed atmosphere and a good selection of food and drink. It also has a large garden area, perfect for enjoying a drink on a sunny day. Address: 22 Shenley Rd, Borehamwood WD6 1DR. Phone: 020 3210 1041.
All three of these pubs are located on Shenley Road, which is the main road through Borehamwood. Meadow Park is located just off Shenley Road, so it is easy to walk to all three pubs from the stadium.
Hotels near Meadow Park, Boreham Wood
- ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
A low-key hotel with unpretentious rooms, a casual restaurant, and free parking.
- Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood hotel
A sleek economy hotel with en suite family rooms, an on-site restaurant, and meeting space.
- Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way
Straightforward rooms in an unpretentious budget hotel featuring complimentary parking.
- DoubleTree by Hilton London Elstree
An informal hotel offering breakfast and parking, plus a restaurant, a bar, and a fitness room.
All of these hotels are within a 1.5-mile walk of Meadow Park, making them ideal for visitors who want to enjoy the stadiums amenities or attend an event at the nearby Elstree Studios.
How to get to Meadow Park, Boreham Wood football ground
- Take the M25 to junction 23 and follow the signs for Boreham Wood.
- Once in Boreham Wood, continue on the A5135 towards the town centre.
- At the roundabout, take the third exit onto Rowley Lane/A5135.
- At the next roundabout, take the second exit onto Elstree Way/A5135.
- At the next roundabout, take the first exit and stay on Elstree Way/A5135.
- At the next roundabout, take the third exit onto Brook Road.
- Meadow Park will be on your left.
By public transport:
- Take the Thameslink train to Elstree & Borehamwood station.
- From the station, it is a 15-20 minute walk to Meadow Park.
- Alternatively, you can take the 107, 292, or 306 bus from Elstree & Borehamwood station to the Fountain Court stop, which is right outside Meadow Park.
If you are feeling energetic, you can also walk to Meadow Park from Elstree & Borehamwood station. To do this, head north out of the station and turn left onto Shenley Road. Continue along Shenley Road until you reach the High Street. Turn right onto the High Street and then left onto Eldon Avenue. At the bottom of Eldon Avenue, turn right onto Brook Road and Meadow Park will be on your left.
Things to do near Meadow Park, Borehamwood
- Elstree & Borehamwood Museum: This museum tells the story of the local area, from its prehistoric origins to its role in the entertainment industry. It is housed in a former Methodist church and features a variety of exhibits, including costumes, props, and behind-the-scenes photos from films and TV shows that have been filmed in Elstree and Borehamwood.
- Aldenham Country Park: This large country park offers a variety of activities for all ages, including walking, cycling, fishing, and pony riding. There is also a rare breeds farm, a children’s playground, and a cafe.
- Aberford Park: This smaller park is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. It has a children’s playground, a pond, and a bowling green.
- The Ark Theatre: This professional theatre produces a variety of plays, musicals, and other performances throughout the year. It is a great place to catch a show and support the local arts scene.
- Borehamwood Market: This weekly market is held on Saturday mornings and sells a variety of fresh produce, food stalls, and other goods. It is a great place to find a bargain and support local businesses.
If you are willing to travel a little further, there are also a number of other attractions in the surrounding area, including:
- De Havilland Aircraft Museum: This museum is dedicated to the history of the De Havilland aircraft company, which was based in Borehamwood from 1934 to 1992. It features a collection of over 30 aircraft, including the Comet, the Mosquito, and the Vampire.
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter: This studio tour takes visitors behind the scenes of the Harry Potter films. It is a must-see for any Harry Potter fan.
- Bhaktivedanta Manor: This Hare Krishna temple is located in Watford, just a short drive from Borehamwood. It is a beautiful and peaceful place to visit, and offers a variety of activities, including meditation classes, vegetarian meals, and cultural performances.