Meadowbank Stadium guide
Meadowbank Stadium is a football stadium in Dorking, Surrey, England. It is the home ground of National League side Dorking Wanderers FC. The stadium has a capacity of 3,000, with 522 seats.
Table of Contents
The stadium was originally built in 1953, but has undergone a number of redevelopments in recent years. In 2020, a new seated stand and a new covered terrace were built at the east end of the ground, taking the capacity to 3,000. In 2023, an uncovered 1,200-capacity terrace was opened at the west end of the ground.
Meadowbank Stadium is a modern and well-equipped stadium. It has a FIFA Quality Pro-approved 3G artificial grass pitch, a state-of-the-art clubhouse, and a variety of other facilities. The stadium is also home to the Surrey FA County Cup Finals.
In addition to hosting Dorking Wanderers FC matches, Meadowbank Stadium also hosts a variety of other football and community events. These include youth football matches, local cup finals, and corporate events.
The stadium is located at Mill Lane, Dorking, RH4 1DX. It is easily accessible by car, train, and bus.
Pubs near Meadowbank Stadium, home of Dorking Wanderers FC
- The Lounge – Dorking Wanderers FC is located within the stadium itself and offers stunning views of Box Hill. It serves a wide selection of food and drinks, including hot and cold meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and a range of draught beers. Address: Mill Ln, Dorking RH4 1DX. Phone: 01306 400151.
- The Kings Arms is a historic pub dating back to the 1400s. It offers a traditional British pub experience with a good selection of cask ales and classic pub food. Address: 45 West St, Dorking RH4 1BU. Phone: 01306 886496.
- The Old House is another traditional British pub with a warm and inviting atmosphere. It serves a seasonal menu of British dishes and has a good selection of cask ales on tap. Address: Old House at Home, 24 West St, Dorking RH4 1BY. Phone: 01306 889664.
- The Queen’s Head is a cosy pub with a relaxed atmosphere. It serves a contemporary menu of pub food with an emphasis on carefully sourced produce. Address: Horsham Rd, Dorking RH4 2JS. Phone: 01306 883041.
All of these pubs are within a short walk of Meadowbank Stadium, making them ideal for a pre- or post-match drink or meal.
Hotels near Meadowbank Stadium in Dorking, Surrey, England
- Travelodge Dorking: This budget-friendly hotel is located just a short walk from the stadium. It offers basic but comfortable rooms, as well as free parking and Wi-Fi.
- Mercure Box Hill Burford Bridge Hotel: This elegant hotel is located in the nearby village of Burford Bridge. It offers spacious rooms with stunning views of Box Hill. The hotel also has a heated outdoor pool, a restaurant, and a bar.
- Wotton House: This luxurious country house hotel is located just a short drive from Dorking. It offers stylish rooms, extensive gardens, an indoor pool, and a modern restaurant.
- The White Horse: This charming hotel is located in the heart of Dorking. It offers warm and inviting rooms, a restaurant, and a bar.
These are just a few of the many hotels that are located near Meadowbank Stadium in Dorking. When choosing a hotel, it is important to consider your budget, your needs, and your preferences.
How to get to Meadowbank Stadium, Dorking Wanderers football ground
The Meadowbank Stadium is located on Mill Lane in Dorking, Surrey. From London, take the M25 to Junction 9 and follow the signs for Dorking. At the next roundabout, take the fourth exit onto the A25. Continue along the A25 until you reach the Deepdene Roundabout, where you should take the second exit and stay on the A25. Turn right onto Mill Lane and the stadium will be on your left-hand side.
By public transport
Dorking railway station is located around three-quarters of a mile from the Meadowbank Stadium. From the station, exit the main entrance and turn left onto Station Approach Road. Continue past the Lincoln Arms and turn left again, alongside the dual carriageway. Go under the railway bridge and cross over the dual carriageway using the pedestrian crossing. Turn right at the Esso station onto London Road. Then take the second right into Rothes Road. At the end of Rothes Road, turn left onto Mill Lane and the stadium will be on your left-hand side.
There is also a bus service that runs directly to the Meadowbank Stadium from Dorking town centre. The bus stop is located on South Street, outside the Dorking Halls. The bus service operates on match days only and the journey takes approximately 10 minutes.
There is limited parking available at the Meadowbank Stadium. However, there is a large car park located next to the stadium, on St Martin’s Walk.
Things to do near Meadowbank Stadium in Dorking
- Visit Denbies Wine Estate. Denbies is the largest vineyard in England and Wales, and it’s located just a short drive from Meadowbank Stadium. You can take a tour of the vineyard, sample some of the wines, and enjoy a meal in the restaurant.
- Go for a walk or bike ride on Box Hill. Box Hill is a National Trust beauty spot that offers stunning views of the Surrey countryside. There are a number of walking and cycling trails to choose from, so you can find one that suits your fitness level and interests.
- Visit the Dorking Museum and Heritage Centre. This small museum tells the story of Dorking’s history and culture. It has a collection of artifacts, photographs, and documents that will help you learn more about the town.
- Take a walk through Priory Park. Priory Park is a beautiful park in the heart of Dorking. It has a variety of features, including a lake, gardens, and a children’s playground.
- Visit the South Street Caves. The South Street Caves are a series of man-made caves that were used for a variety of purposes over the centuries. Today, you can take a guided tour of the caves and learn about their fascinating history.
- Visit the Gin Kitchen. The Gin Kitchen is an artisan micro distillery that produces a variety of unique gins. You can take a tour of the distillery and sample some of the gins.
- Watch a football match at Dorking Wanderers. Dorking Wanderers is the local football team that plays at Meadowbank Stadium. If you’re a football fan, be sure to catch a match while you’re in town.
These are just a few of the many things to do near Meadowbank Stadium in Dorking. With its beautiful countryside and rich history, Dorking has something to offer everyone.