RAW Charging Stadium guide
The RAW Charging Stadium is a football stadium in Oxford, England. It is the home of Oxford City FC. The stadium was opened in 2017 and has a capacity of 4,500 spectators.
Table of Contents
The stadium is named after its main sponsor, RAW Charging, an electric vehicle charging company. The stadium has a number of electric vehicle charging points and is committed to sustainability.
The RAW Charging Stadium is located on Court Place Farm, about 3 miles from the center of Oxford. It is accessible by car, bus, and train.
The stadium has hosted a number of events in addition to football matches, including concerts and conferences.
Here is some additional information about the RAW Charging Stadium:
- It is the first football stadium in the UK to be named after an electric vehicle charging company.
- The stadium has a number of sustainable features, including a rainwater harvesting system and solar panels.
- The stadium is home to a number of community facilities, including a sports hall and a fitness centre.
- The stadium is used by Oxford City FC’s women’s team and youth teams.
- The stadium has hosted a number of England youth international matches.
The RAW Charging Stadium is a modern and sustainable stadium that is a valuable asset to the city of Oxford. It is a home for football, community events, and sustainability.
There are no pubs within the immediate vicinity of the RAW Charging Stadium Oxford. However, there are a number of pubs located nearby, within a short walk or drive.
Pubs near the RAW Charging Stadium, home of Oxford City FC
- The Turf Tavern is a traditional pub dating back to 1831. It has a beer garden and serves classic bar meals and real ales. Address: 4 Bath Pl, Oxford OX1 3SU.
- The White Horse is a pub food standby frequented by an older crowd. The limited space creates an intimate feel. Address: 52 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3BB.
- St Aldates Tavern is a typical Victorian pub with sport on TV and a buffet menu, plus monthly movies and stand-up comedy. Address: 108 St Aldate’s, Oxford OX1 1BU. Phone: 01865 241185.
All three pubs are located within a 10-minute walk of the RAW Charging Stadium Oxford.
If you’re looking for a pub with a bit more atmosphere, you may want to consider heading into the city centre. There are a number of pubs located in the city centre, within a short drive or bus ride of the stadium.
Hotels near the RAW Charging Stadium in Oxford
- Premier Inn Oxford City Centre (Westgate) hotel. Relaxed rooms, some with sofabeds, in an unpretentious budget hotel featuring a restaurant/bar. The hotel is located about 1.6 miles from the RAW Charging Stadium Oxford.
- Hampton by Hilton Oxford. Bright, relaxed rooms in a down-to-earth hotel offering free Wi-Fi & breakfast, plus a 24-hour gym. The hotel is located about 2.1 miles from the RAW Charging Stadium Oxford.
- Premier Inn Oxford Cowley hotel. Casual budget hotel with relaxed rooms & a grill restaurant, plus free parking. The hotel is located about 2.3 miles from the RAW Charging Stadium Oxford.
- Holiday Inn Oxford, an IHG Hotel. Functional rooms in a low-key hotel featuring a restaurant, a bar & a gym, plus free Wi-Fi. The hotel is located about 2.5 miles from the RAW Charging Stadium Oxford.
All of these hotels are well-rated and offer a variety of amenities, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for your needs.
How to get to the RAW Charging Stadium, Oxford City football ground
The RAW Charging Stadium is located on Marsh Road, Marston, Oxford, OX3 0NQ. From the A40, take the Marston/Marsh Lane exit and follow the signs for the stadium. There is limited parking available at the stadium, but there are also several pay-and-display car parks nearby.
By public transport
The nearest bus stop to the RAW Charging Stadium is Horseman Close, which is served by the 14A bus from Oxford city centre. The bus journey takes around 20 minutes.
You can also take the train to Oxford station, which is around 4 miles from the stadium. From the station, you can take the 14A bus to Horseman Close.
There are a number of taxi companies in Oxford that provide services to and from the RAW Charging Stadium. The journey from the city centre takes around 10 minutes.
If you are feeling energetic, you can walk to the RAW Charging Stadium from Oxford city centre in around 45 minutes. The walk takes you through some of the city’s most popular parks and attractions, including Magdalen College, Christ Church Cathedral, and the Bodleian Library.
The RAW Charging Stadium is accessible to wheelchair users and other people with disabilities. There is disabled parking available at the stadium, and there are also accessible toilets and seating in the main stand.
If you have any specific accessibility requirements, please contact the stadium in advance of your visit.
Things to do near the RAW Charging Stadium, Oxford
- Visit Oxford Castle & Prison. This historic castle has been around for over 900 years and offers a fascinating glimpse into Oxford’s past. You can take a guided tour of the castle, visit the crypt, and even climb the Saxon Tower for stunning views of the city.
- Take a walk through Christ Church Meadow. This beautiful meadow is located right next to the stadium and is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. You can also visit the nearby Christ Church Cathedral, which is one of Oxford’s most iconic landmarks.
- Visit the Bodleian Library. The Bodleian Library is one of the oldest and most prestigious libraries in the world. It houses over 13 million books and manuscripts, including many rare and valuable items. You can take a guided tour of the library or simply browse the shelves and admire the architecture.
- Visit the Ashmolean Museum. The Ashmolean Museum is the oldest public museum in the UK and houses a vast collection of art and artifacts from around the world. You can see everything from ancient Egyptian mummies to Renaissance paintings to modern art.
- Take a punting tour of the Cherwell. Punting is a traditional Oxford pastime that involves taking a boat down the Cherwell River. You can hire a punt yourself or take a guided tour. Whichever option you choose, you’re sure to enjoy the beautiful scenery and peaceful atmosphere.
These are just a few ideas for things to do near the RAW Charging Stadium in Oxford. With its rich history and culture, Oxford has something to offer everyone.