Stonebridge Road Stadium guide
Stonebridge Road Stadium, also known as the Kuflink Stadium for sponsorship reasons, is a multi-purpose stadium in Northfleet, Gravesend, Kent, England. It is primarily used for football matches and is the home ground of Ebbsfleet United.
Table of Contents
The stadium was constructed in 1905 and was initially the home of Northfleet FC, which merged with Gravesend FC in 1946. It has been the home of Ebbsfleet and its predecessor football clubs for over 100 years.
The stadium has a capacity of 4,769 people, with 2,179 seats. The average attendance for Ebbsfleet United home ties at Stonebridge Road was 1,165 in the 2006-2007 season. When the Fleet plays at Stonebridge Road, the home supporters typically sit in the Main Stand or in the Plough End.
In 2009, Ebbsfleet United announced plans to redevelop the stadium. The original concept was rejected by the local authorities, but in 2015 the club, with a modified design, managed to gain the support of the local government and a new west stand was built between 2016 and 2017.
The club has announced ambitious plans to effectively build a new stadium on the current site of Stonebridge Road. The new stadium, which will be built in phases, will have a capacity of around 8,500, including 2,000 seats. The first phase of the proposed development has been completed with the opening of the new Main Stand and the refurbishment of the Swanscombe End. The other sides of the ground will also be redeveloped, including next, the Plough End which will see new terrace built.
Stonebridge Road Stadium is a historic venue that has been home to Ebbsfleet United and its predecessor clubs for over 100 years. The club’s ambitious plans to redevelop the stadium will ensure that it remains a focal point for the local community for many years to come.
Pubs near the Stonebridge Road Stadium, home of Ebbsfleet FC
- The Rose Pub is a traditional pub located just a short walk from the stadium. It has a good selection of beers, wines, and spirits, as well as a food menu that includes pub classics like burgers, fish and chips, and pies. The Rose is a popular spot for both home and away fans on matchdays, and it also has a quiz night on Tuesdays and live music on Fridays and Saturdays. Address: 1 Rose St, Northfleet, Gravesend DA11 9EQ. Phone: 01474 365791.
- The Ye Olde Coach And Horses is a historic pub that is said to date back to the 17th century. It has a cosy interior and a friendly atmosphere. The Ye Olde Coach And Horses serves a good selection of beers, wines, and spirits, as well as a food menu that includes traditional pub dishes and modern European cuisine. Address: 25 The Hill Northfleet, Northfleet, Gravesend DA11 9EU. Phone: 01474 534624.
Hotels near the Stonebridge Road Stadium, Northfleet, Gravesend, Kent
- Spring River by Marston’s Inns
Simple rooms with free Wi-Fi in a straightforward hotel with a classic pub & outdoor play area.
- Premier Inn Gravesend Central hotel
No-frills budget hotel with double & family rooms, plus an on-site grill restaurant & free parking.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Contemporary hotel next to the Queen Elizabeth II bridge, offering dining, a gym & an indoor pool.
- Jessamine Guest House
Warm rooms with en suite bathrooms in a Victorian bed-and-breakfast offering free Wi-Fi and parking.
These are just a few of the many hotels located near the Stonebridge Road Stadium. When choosing a hotel, be sure to consider your budget, your desired amenities, and the distance you are willing to travel to the stadium.
How to get to the Stonebridge Road Stadium, Ebbsfleet United football ground
From the M25, take junction 2 and follow the A2 towards Canterbury. Leave the A2 at the Northfleet/Gravesend West junction. Follow the road until you reach the roundabout, then take the third exit onto the A226. Continue on the A226 until you reach the Stonebridge Road Stadium on your left.
By public transport:
The nearest railway station to Stonebridge Road Stadium is Northfleet. The station is served by trains from London Bridge and Charing Cross. From the station, it is a short walk to the stadium.
Alternatively, you can take the train to Ebbsfleet International station, which is connected to the High Speed 1 railway line. From Ebbsfleet International station, there is a bus service to Northfleet.
Stonebridge Road Stadium is located approximately 1.5 miles from Northfleet railway station. It is a pleasant walk along the riverfront.
Taxis are available from both Northfleet and Ebbsfleet International railway stations. The journey to Stonebridge Road Stadium takes approximately 5 minutes.
Things to do near the Stonebridge Road Stadium, Northfleet, Kent
- The Panic Room Gravesend: This indoor escape room attraction features a variety of themes and difficulty levels, making it a fun and challenging activity for people of all ages.
- Beacon Wood Country Park: This woodland park offers a variety of walking and hiking trails, as well as benches and scenic views. It’s a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy some peace and quiet.
- Swanscombe Heritage Park: This park is known for its past archaeology finds, and features a sculpture, trail, and green space. It’s a great place to learn about the history of the area and enjoy a leisurely stroll.
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir: This Hindu temple is one of the largest and most impressive in the UK. It’s a beautiful and peaceful place to visit, and offers a glimpse into Hindu culture.
- Ace Cafe: This iconic cafe is a popular spot for motorbike enthusiasts, but it’s also open to the general public. It’s a great place to grab a bite to eat, watch the bikes, and soak up the atmosphere.
In addition to these specific attractions, there are also a number of other things to do in the Stonebridge area, such as shopping, dining, and visiting local parks and recreation facilities.