Suit Direct Stadium guide
The Suit Direct Stadium, formerly known as Victoria Park, is a football stadium in Hartlepool, County Durham, England. It is the home of Hartlepool United F.C., who compete in the National League. The stadium has a capacity of 7,858 and has been home to Hartlepool United since 1908.
Table of Contents
The stadium has four sides: the Town End Terrace, the Niramax Stand, the Cyril Knowles Stand, and the Rink End. The Town End Terrace is an all-terraced stand behind one of the goals, while the Niramax Stand and Cyril Knowles Stand are two-tier stands with all-seated upper tiers and terraced lower tiers. The Rink End is an all-seated stand behind the other goal.
The stadium has undergone a number of renovations over the years, most recently in 2019 when the Pools Retail Store was opened. The stadium also has a number of corporate facilities, including the Director’s Box and Executive Boxes.
The Suit Direct Stadium is a popular venue for sporting events, concerts, and other events. It has hosted a number of international football matches, including matches for the England U21 and England Women’s teams. The stadium has also hosted concerts by artists such as Elton John, Rod Stewart, and Bruce Springsteen.
The Suit Direct Stadium is a popular landmark in Hartlepool and is a major part of the town’s sporting heritage. It is a popular venue for both local and national events, and is an important part of the community.
Pubs near the Suit Direct Stadium, home of Hartlepool United FC
- The Ward Jackson. This Wetherspoons pub is located just a short walk from the stadium and serves a wide range of food and drink at affordable prices. It’s a popular spot for both locals and visitors alike, and there’s always a lively atmosphere on match days. Address: 3-9 Church St, Hartlepool TS24 7EU. Phone: 01429 850140.
- O’Malley’s. This Irish pub is another popular option for fans heading to the stadium. It’s known for its friendly atmosphere, good food, and wide selection of drinks. O’Malley’s also has a large TV screen so you can catch all the action from the game, even if you don’t have a ticket. Address: 25 Church St, Hartlepool TS24 7EU. Phone: 01429 894771.
- Jacksons Wharf. This pub is located on the waterfront, a short walk from the stadium. It offers a more relaxed atmosphere than the other two pubs on this list, and it’s a great place to enjoy a drink before or after the game. Jacksons Wharf also has a large outdoor terrace where you can soak up the sun and enjoy the views. Address: The Highlight, Hartlepool TS24 0XN. Phone: 01429 862963.
Hotels near the Suit Direct Stadium in Hartlepool, England
- Travelodge Hartlepool Marina – This budget hotel offers simple rooms with flat-screen TVs and complimentary parking. It is located just a short walk from the stadium, as well as the Hartlepool Marina.
- Premier Inn Hartlepool Marina – This waterside hotel offers en-suite rooms with free WiFi and an on-site family restaurant. It is also located within walking distance of the stadium and the marina.
- OYO The Douglas Hotel – This classic hotel offers unfussy rooms with free Wi-Fi and a chic bistro with a bar. It is located in the heart of Hartlepool, just a short drive from the stadium.
- No. 5 – This bed and breakfast offers two stylish bedrooms with private bathrooms. It is located in a quiet residential area, just a short drive from the stadium.
How to get to the Suit Direct Stadium, Hartlepool United football ground
The Suit Direct Stadium is located just north of the town centre on Clarence Road. From the A19, take the Hartlepool A179 junction and turn left onto the A179. Follow the signs to Hartlepool for 1.3 miles over two roundabouts. At the third roundabout, turn right (s/p Town Centre, Docks A179) onto Easington Road. Follow Town Centre A179 signs for 1.5 miles over two roundabouts. At the third roundabout (easily recognised by the big balls!), turn right onto Marina Way. The stadium will be on your right-hand side.
There is a limited amount of parking available at the stadium, but this is usually booked up in advance. There is also street parking available in the surrounding area.
Hartlepool railway station is located about 1 mile from the Suit Direct Stadium. From the station, you can walk to the stadium in about 20 minutes. Alternatively, you can catch a taxi or bus.
There are a number of bus routes that serve the Suit Direct Stadium. The 36 and X10 buses stop directly outside the stadium.
If you are staying in the town centre, you can easily walk to the Suit Direct Stadium in about 30 minutes.
Here are some additional tips for getting to the Suit Direct Stadium:
- If you are driving, allow plenty of time for your journey, especially on match days. Traffic can be heavy around the stadium.
- If you are taking the train, make sure to check the timetable in advance. Trains are less frequent on weekends and match days.
- If you are taking the bus, check the timetable in advance and make sure to get on the correct bus.
- If you are walking, wear comfortable shoes and be aware of the traffic.
Things to do near the Suit Direct Stadium in Hartlepool, England.
- Visit the Hartlepool Museum. This museum tells the story of Hartlepool from its prehistoric origins to the present day, with exhibits on the town’s maritime history, its role in the Second World War, and its famous Monkey mascot.
- Take a walk along Hartlepool Marina. This marina is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars, as well as a number of boats and yachts. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the views of the North Sea.
- Visit Hartlepool Castle. This 12th-century castle was once a royal fortress, and it’s now one of the most popular tourist attractions in Hartlepool. Visitors can explore the castle’s ruins, learn about its history, and enjoy the views from the top of the castle keep.
- Have a picnic in Seaton Carew. This seaside village is located just a short drive from Hartlepool, and it’s a great place to enjoy a picnic on the beach. There’s also a children’s playground and a number of amusement arcades.
- Visit the National Museum of the Royal Navy Hartlepool. This museum tells the story of the Royal Navy’s role in the defense of Hartlepool during the Second World War. Visitors can see a variety of exhibits, including a torpedo boat, a submarine, and a minesweeper.
If you’re looking for something to do on a matchday, there are a number of pubs and restaurants near the Suit Direct Stadium where you can enjoy a pre-match meal or drink.