The ARMCO Arena guide
The ARMCO Arena, formerly known as Damson Park, is a football stadium in Solihull, England. It is the home of Solihull Moors Football Club and Birmingham & Solihull Rugby Football Club.
Table of Contents
The stadium was built in 2005 and has a capacity of 6,500. It is a modern stadium with all-seater stands and a covered terrace. The stadium also has a number of amenities, including a bar, restaurant, and function suite.
The ARMCO Arena is a popular venue for football matches and other events. It has hosted a number of FA Cup matches, as well as matches for the England national under-19 team. The stadium is also used for rugby matches, concerts, and other events.
The ARMCO Arena is a well-maintained stadium that provides a good experience for fans. It is a popular venue for football matches and other events, and it is likely to continue to be a popular venue for many years to come.
Pubs near the ARMCO Arena, home of Solihull Moors FC
- The Damson Pub: The Damson Pub is a family-friendly pub with a large beer garden. It serves a wide range of food, including classic pub dishes, pizzas, and burgers. Address: Rowood Dr, Solihull B92 9NG. Phone: 0121 704 1414.
- The Dingle: The Dingle is a traditional pub with a modern twist. It serves a variety of craft beers and ciders, as well as a classic pub menu. Address: Tanhouse Farm Rd, Solihull B92 9EY. Phone: 0121 272 5499.
- Pup & Duckling: Pup & Duckling is a cozy pub with a friendly atmosphere. It serves a selection of real ales and craft beers, as well as a menu of classic pub dishes. Address: 1 Hatchford Brook Rd, Solihull B92 9AG.
All three of these pubs are within a 10-minute walk of the ARMCO Arena, making them the perfect place to grab a drink and a bite to eat before or after an event.
Hotels near the ARMCO Arena, Solihull, UK
- Travelodge Birmingham Airport. This hotel is located just 2.6 miles from the ARMCO Arena and offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant/bar, complimentary Wi-Fi, and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport – Nec. This hotel is also located just 2.6 miles from the ARMCO Arena and offers a variety of amenities, including Italian dining, fitness facilities, and a free airport shuttle.
- Premier Inn Birmingham NEC Airport hotel. This hotel is located just 1.9 miles from the ARMCO Arena and offers a variety of amenities, including an on-site restaurant, free parking, and family rooms.
- Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre hotel. This hotel is located 2.3 miles from the ARMCO Arena and offers a variety of amenities, including an on-site restaurant, free parking, and family rooms.
How to get to the ARMCO Arena, Solihull Moors football ground
The ARMCO Arena is located at Damson Parkway, Solihull, B92 9EJ. From the M25, take junction 6 and follow the signs for Coventry Road/A45. At the next roundabout, take the second exit onto Coventry Road. The ARMCO Arena will be on your left after about a mile.
Solihull railway station is served by trains from Birmingham Moor Street and London Marylebone. The ground is situated two and half miles away from the station in a roughly north-easterly direction.
There are several bus services that stop near the arena. The number 4 bus stops right outside the ground, while the number 23 bus stops a short walk away.
If you are feeling energetic, you can walk to the ARMCO Arena from Solihull town centre. The walk takes about 30 minutes.
Things to do near the ARMCO Arena, Solihull, England
- Visit Elmdon Park: This 160-acre park is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. It has a lake, nature trails, a play area, sports facilities, and a cafe.
- Go for a walk or bike ride along the Cole Valley Greenway: This 5-mile greenway follows the River Cole and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. It’s a popular spot for walkers, cyclists, and horse riders.
- Visit the Bear Grylls Adventure: This activity center is named after the British adventurer and offers a variety of activities for all ages, including high ropes, a free fall tunnel, and PADI scuba diving courses.
- Visit the National Motorcycle Museum: This museum houses a collection of over 1,000 motorcycles from all over the world, from the early days of motorcycling to the present day. It also has a restaurant and a gift shop.
- Visit the NEC Birmingham: The NEC Birmingham is a large exhibition and convention center that hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including trade shows, concerts, and sporting events.
- Go shopping at Touchwood Solihull: Touchwood Solihull is a large shopping center with over 100 stores, including many popular brands. It also has a number of restaurants and cafes.
- Visit the Thinktank Science Museum Birmingham: Thinktank is a science museum with a variety of interactive exhibits on topics such as science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. It’s a great place to visit with kids or anyone who’s interested in learning more about the world around them.