Craven Cottage guide
Craven Cottage is a football stadium in Fulham, West London, England, which has been the home of Fulham F.C. since 1896. The ground has a capacity of 25,700, making it the 17th-largest football stadium in England.
Craven Cottage is located on the banks of the River Thames, and is a Grade II listed building. The stadium has a traditional English football ground feel, with terracing on three sides and a stand behind one goal. The Johnny Haynes Stand, which is named after Fulham’s greatest ever player, is the largest stand at the ground and has a capacity of 10,000.
Craven Cottage has hosted a number of major international matches, including England v Wales in 1907 and England v Scotland in 1920. The stadium has also hosted FA Cup semi-finals and finals, as well as League Cup semi-finals.
In recent years, Craven Cottage has undergone a number of redevelopments, including the construction of a new Riverside Stand. The Riverside Stand is a two-tier stand with a capacity of 6,000, and it was opened in 2009. The redevelopment of Craven Cottage has made the stadium more modern and comfortable, and it has also increased its capacity.
Craven Cottage is a popular destination for football fans, and it is known for its atmosphere and its riverside location. The stadium is a home from home for Fulham fans, and it is a place where they can come to support their team in a traditional English football setting.
Here are some of the things you can do at Craven Cottage:
- Watch a Fulham F.C. match
- Take a tour of the stadium
- Enjoy a meal at one of the stadium’s restaurants
- Visit the Fulham Football Club Museum
- Take a walk along the River Thames
Craven Cottage is a great place to experience the atmosphere of English football. It is a historic stadium with a lot of character, and it is a great place to watch a match.
Pubs near Craven Cottage
- The Crabtree – a traditional pub with a country feel in its tree-filled riverside garden and relaxed lounge bar. Address: Rainville Rd, London SW6 6TY. Phone: 020 7385 3929.
- The Golden Lion – a traditional pub with a range of live music on Friday nights, big screen sports and a familiar menu. Address: 57 Fulham High St, London SW6 3JJ. Phone: 020 7731 5481.
- The Eight Bells – a popular pub with a large beer garden and a lively atmosphere. Address: 89 Fulham High St, London SW6 3JS. Phone: 020 7736 6307.
- The Temperance – a friendly pub with a good selection of beers and wines. Address: 90 Fulham High St, London SW6 3LF. Phone: 020 7384 3573.
- The Duke’s Head – a traditional pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Address: 8 Lower Richmond Rd., London SW15 1ER. Phone: 020 8788 2552.
All of these pubs are within a short walk of Craven Cottage and are popular with both locals and visitors.
Here are some other options if you’re looking for something a little different:
- The White Horse – a gastropub with a focus on fresh, seasonal food. Address: 1-3 Parsons Grn, London SW6 4UL. Phone: 020 7736 2115.
- The Phene Arms – a Victorian pub with a traditional interior and a wide range of beers. Address: 9 Phene St, London SW3 5NY. Phone: 020 7352 9898.
- The Bishops – a modern pub with a large outdoor terrace and a lively atmosphere. Address: 399 Fulham Palace Rd, London SW6 6TA. Phone: 020 7371 0662.
These pubs are all a little further from Craven Cottage, but they offer a great alternative if you’re looking for something a little more upmarket.
Pubs near Craven Cottage for away fans
- The Eight Bells: This pub is located on Fulham High Street, just a short walk from the stadium. It is a traditional English pub with a large garden, making it a great place to watch the match.
- The Temperance: This pub is also located on Fulham High Street, just a short walk from The Eight Bells. It is a smaller pub with a more intimate atmosphere.
- The Crabtree: This pub is located on Rainville Road, a 10-minute walk from the stadium. It is a popular spot for both home and away fans, and it has a large selection of beers on tap.
All of these pubs are welcoming to away fans and they are all within a short walking distance of Craven Cottage.
If you are looking for something a little more lively, you could try the Zulu Bar, which is located on the Fulham Broadway shopping street. This bar is popular with both locals and tourists, and it has a large outdoor terrace.
However, be aware that the Zulu Bar can get very crowded on match days, so it is advisable to arrive early if you want to get a seat.
Hotels near Craven Cottage in London, England
- Premier Inn London Putney Bridge is a 3-star hotel with a good location, just a short walk from the stadium. It has a restaurant, bar, and fitness center.
- The Captain Cook is a 4-star hotel with a more traditional feel. It has a pub, restaurant, and beer garden.
- The Bridge is a 3-star hotel with a modern design. It has a bar, restaurant, and terrace.
- Travelodge London Fulham is a budget hotel with a convenient location. It has a bar and free Wi-Fi.
All of these hotels are within walking distance of Craven Cottage and have good reviews from previous guests.
Here are some other things to consider when choosing a hotel near Craven Cottage:
- Price: Hotel prices in London can vary greatly, so it is important to factor in your budget when making a decision.
- Location: If you are planning on attending a match at Craven Cottage, you will want to choose a hotel that is within walking distance of the stadium.
- Amenities: Some hotels offer amenities such as a pool, fitness center, or business center. If these are important to you, be sure to choose a hotel that has them.
- Reviews: Reading reviews from previous guests can be helpful in determining which hotel is right for you.
How to get to Craven Cottage, Fulham FC’s stadium
- Public transportation: The closest tube stations to Craven Cottage are Putney Bridge and Hammersmith. Both stations are on the District line and are within a 10-minute walk of the stadium. There are also several bus routes that stop near Craven Cottage, including the 220, 249, and N74.
- Car: There is limited parking available near Craven Cottage. If you are driving, it is recommended that you park in one of the nearby residential areas and walk to the stadium.
- Bicycle: Craven Cottage is located on the River Thames Path, which makes it a great option for cyclists. There are several bike racks near the stadium where you can lock up your bike.
Here are some directions to Craven Cottage from different locations:
- From central London: Take the District line to Putney Bridge station. Exit the station and turn left onto Ranelagh Gardens. Walk through the underpass and follow the path to the stadium.
- From Hammersmith: Take the District line to Hammersmith station. Exit the station and turn right onto Fulham Palace Road. Walk for about 10 minutes until you reach Stevenage Road. Turn left onto Stevenage Road and Craven Cottage will be on your right.
- From Putney: Take the District line to Putney Bridge station. Exit the station and turn left onto Ranelagh Gardens. Walk through the underpass and follow the path to the stadium.
If you are planning to attend a match at Craven Cottage, it is recommended that you arrive early to avoid traffic and crowds.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at Craven Cottage
- Watch a Fulham F.C. match. Craven Cottage is the home of Fulham F.C., a professional football club that competes in the Premier League. The Cottage is a historic stadium with a capacity of 25,700.
- Take a tour of Craven Cottage. The stadium offers a behind-the-scenes tour that gives visitors a unique look at the facilities and history of the club.
- Visit the Cottage Pub. The Cottage Pub is located on the ground floor of the stadium and is a popular spot for fans to gather before and after matches.
- Enjoy the riverside views. Craven Cottage is located on the banks of the River Thames and offers stunning views of the river and surrounding area.
- Explore the surrounding area. Craven Cottage is located in the Fulham district of London and is close to a number of popular attractions, including the Thames Path, Bishops Park, and Fulham Palace.
If you are a football fan or simply enjoy spending time in London, Craven Cottage is a great place to visit. The stadium is steeped in history and offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy.
Things to do near Craven Cottage, Fulham, London:
- Visit the Fulham Palace. It is a 16th century palace that is now a popular tourist attraction.
- Go for a walk in Bishop’s Park. It is a large park located next to Craven Cottage.
- Take a boat trip on the River Thames. There are many companies that offer boat trips, which are a great way to see the city from a different perspective.
- Visit the V&A Museum. It is one of the world’s largest museums, and it houses a vast collection of art and design.
- See a show at the O2 Arena. The O2 Arena is a large indoor arena that hosts a variety of events, including concerts, sporting events, and exhibitions.
- Go shopping in Hammersmith. Hammersmith is a large town located near Craven Cottage. It has a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars.
If you are looking for something more unique to do, you could try one of the following:
- Take a cooking class at the Bread Angels. Bread Angels is a social enterprise that teaches people how to cook and bake.
- Go on a ghost tour. There are a number of companies that offer ghost tours of London. These tours take you to some of the city’s most haunted locations.
- Visit the London Wetland Centre. The London Wetland Centre is a wildlife sanctuary that is home to a variety of birds, animals, and plants.
No matter what you choose to do, you are sure to have a great time exploring the area around Craven Cottage.