Goodison Park Guide
Goodison Park is a football stadium in the Walton area of Liverpool, England. It has been the home of Premier League club Everton since 1892 and has an all-seated capacity of 39,572.
Table of Contents
Goodison Park is the third-oldest football stadium in the Premier League, after Old Trafford and Villa Park. It is also the fourth-largest football stadium in the Premier League, after Old Trafford, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and Emirates Stadium.
Goodison Park has hosted more top-flight games than any other stadium in England. It has also been the venue for an FA Cup Final and numerous international fixtures, including a semi-final match in the 1966 World Cup.
Pubs near Goodison Park
- The Winslow Hotel: This iconic pub is a must-visit for any Everton fan. It’s located right next to the stadium and has a great atmosphere on match days. Address: 31 Goodison Rd, Liverpool L4 4EH. Phone: 0151 378 5143.
- The Spellow: This traditional pub is a bit more low-key than The Winslow, but it’s still a great place to watch a match. Address: 79 Goodison Rd, Liverpool L4 4EN. Phone: 07752 785255.
- The Royal Oak: This pub has a large beer garden that’s perfect for soaking up the sun on a warm day. Address: 272 Walton Rd, Liverpool L4 4BE. Phone: 0121 272 5499.
- The Thomas Frost: This Wetherspoons pub is a great option for budget-minded fans. It has a wide selection of beers and food, and it’s open late. Address: 177-187 Walton Rd, Liverpool L4 4AJ. Phone: 0151 207 8210.
If you’re looking for something a bit more unique, there are also a few craft beer bars near Goodison Park. These bars offer a wide selection of local and international beers, and they’re a great place to try something new.
- The Baltic Triangle: This area is home to a number of craft beer bars, including The Baltic Market and Black Lodge.
- The Shipping Forecast: This bar has a great selection of beers on tap, as well as a food menu that features locally-sourced ingredients. Address: 15 Slater St, Liverpool L1 4BW. Phone: 0151 709 6901.
No matter what your taste, you’re sure to find a great pub near Goodison Park to enjoy a drink.
Pubs near Goodison Park for away fans
- The Arkles – This pub is a popular spot for away fans. It has a large selection of beers on tap and shows live sports on TV. Address: 77 Anfield Rd, Anfield, Liverpool L4 0TJ. Phone: 0151 263 9496.
- The Queens Arms – This pub is located in Aintree, which is about a 10 minute drive from Goodison Park. It is a popular spot for away fans before and after matches. It has a large beer garden and a good selection of food. Address: 240 Warbreck Moor, Fazakerley, Liverpool L9 0HZ. Phone: 0151 363 5528.
- Thomas Frost – This pub is a Wetherspoons pub that is located about a 15 minute walk from Goodison Park. It is a popular spot for both home and away fans. It has a wide selection of beers on tap and a good value menu. Address: 177-187 Walton Rd, Liverpool L4 4AJ. Phone: 0151 207 8210.
If you are looking for a more lively atmosphere, you may want to try one of the pubs in Liverpool city centre. There are many pubs to choose from.
Hotels near Goodison Park in Liverpool, England
- The Glebe Hotel is a 4-star hotel located just a 10-minute walk from Goodison Park. It has a restaurant, bar, and fitness centre.
- Hotel Anfield is a 3-star hotel located just a 5-minute walk from Goodison Park. It has a bar and restaurant.
- Titanic Hotel Liverpool is a 5-star hotel located in the city centre, about a 15-minute walk from Goodison Park. It has a spa, pool, and restaurant.
- The Liverpool Pod is a budget hotel located in the city centre, about a 10-minute walk from Goodison Park. It offers capsule-style accommodation.
- Premier Inn Liverpool (West Derby) is a budget hotel located about 2 miles from Goodison Park. It has free parking and a restaurant.
- Travelodge Liverpool Stonedale Park is a budget hotel located about 2 miles from Goodison Park. It has free parking and a restaurant.
These are just a few of the many hotels near Goodison Park. When choosing a hotel, it is important to consider your budget, desired amenities, and location.
How to get to Goodison Park, the home of Everton Football Club
- By car: If you are driving, the stadium is located on Goodison Road, Liverpool L4 4EL. There is a large car park at the stadium, but it can fill up quickly on match days. You may want to consider parking in one of the many car parks in the surrounding area and walking to the stadium.
- By train: The nearest train station is Kirkdale, which is a short walk from the stadium. There are also trains to Goodison Park from Liverpool Lime Street, but these services are less frequent.
- By bus: There are a number of buses that stop near Goodison Park. The most convenient services are the 19, 20, 21, 310, and 345.
- By taxi: Taxis are readily available in Liverpool and can be a convenient way to get to Goodison Park. However, they can be expensive, especially on match days.
Once you arrive at Goodison Park, there are a number of places to eat and drink before the match. There is also a club shop where you can buy Everton merchandise.
The stadium is located in a residential area, so please be respectful of local residents when you are attending a match.
Goodison Park is a historic football stadium in Liverpool, England. It is the home of Everton Football Club, and has been since 1878. The stadium is known for its atmosphere and its passionate fans.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at Goodison Park
- Take a stadium tour. A stadium tour is a great way to learn about the history of Everton Football Club and Goodison Park. Tours are conducted by former players and coaches, and they give you a behind-the-scenes look at the stadium.
- Watch a match. If you’re a football fan, there’s no better place to be than at Goodison Park on a match day. The atmosphere is electric, and the fans are some of the most passionate in the world.
- Visit the Everton museum. The Everton museum is located in the stadium, and it tells the story of the club from its founding in 1878 to the present day. The museum has a number of exhibits, including trophies, memorabilia, and photographs.
- Have a drink in one of the many pubs around the stadium. There are a number of pubs around Goodison Park that are popular with Everton fans. These pubs are a great place to watch a match or just to soak up the atmosphere.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. The neighborhood around Goodison Park is a charming area with a lot to offer. There are a number of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as some historical landmarks.
If you’re a fan of football or just of history, Goodison Park is a great place to visit. The stadium is steeped in history, and it’s a great place to experience the passion of football fans.
Things to do near Goodison Park, Liverpool
- Visit Anfield Stadium, the home of Liverpool Football Club.
- Explore the Royal Albert Dock, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take a walk or boat trip along the River Mersey.
- Visit the Museum of Liverpool, which tells the story of the city from its origins to the present day.
- See the Beatles Statue on Mathew Street, a Beatles pilgrimage site.
- Learn about the history of the Battle of the Atlantic at the Western Approaches HQ Museum.
- Visit the Merseyside Maritime Museum, which tells the story of the city’s maritime history.
- Take a walk through Liverpool Central Library, a Grade I listed building.
- Visit the British Music Experience, a museum dedicated to British music.
- Climb St Johns Beacon, a 140-foot tall tower with panoramic views of the city.
- Visit the World Museum, which has exhibits on natural history, archaeology, and world cultures.
- Take a boat trip to the Pier Head, a waterfront area with iconic landmarks such as the Liver Building and the Royal Liver Building.
- Enjoy a traditional British fish and chips lunch in a local restaurant.
- Go shopping in Liverpool’s many independent shops and boutiques.
- See a show at the Liverpool Empire Theatre, a Grade I listed building that has hosted many famous performers over the years.
- Take a guided tour of Goodison Park, the home of Everton Football Club.
These are just a few of the many things you can do near Goodison Park. Liverpool is a vibrant city with a rich history and culture, and there is something for everyone to enjoy.