Wembley Stadium guide
Wembley Stadium is a football stadium in Wembley, London. It is the largest stadium in the United Kingdom, with a capacity of 90,000. It is also the second-largest stadium in Europe, after Camp Nou in Barcelona.
Table of Contents
Wembley Stadium was built on the site of the original Wembley Stadium, which was demolished in 2003. The new stadium was designed by Populous and Foster and Partners, and it opened in 2007.
Wembley Stadium is the home of the England national football team, and it hosts the FA Cup Final, League Cup Final, Community Shield, and many other major football matches. The stadium also hosts concerts and other events.
Wembley Stadium is a popular tourist destination, and it is one of the most iconic stadiums in the world.
Pubs near Wembley Stadium
- The White Horse: This Fuller’s pub is a popular spot for pre-match drinks and food. It has a large outdoor terrace with views of the stadium. Address: 4 Wembley Park Blvd, Wembley Park, Wembley HA9 0HP. Phone: 020 8237 8037.
- The Wembley Tavern: This traditional pub is a short walk from the stadium. It has a wide range of beers on tap and a menu of pub classics. Address: 121 Wembley Park Dr, Wembley Park, Wembley HA9 8HG. Phone: 020 8903 2955.
- The Torch: This modern pub has a large sports bar and a menu of pizzas, burgers, and other pub food. It’s a popular spot for watching matches on TV. Address: 1-5 Bridge Rd, Wembley Park, Wembley HA9 9AB. Phone: 020 8904 5794.
- The Swan: This historic pub is located in Wembley Park. It has a traditional atmosphere and a menu of British pub food. Address: 789 Harrow Rd, Wembley HA0 2LP. Phone: 020 8904 6933.
No matter what your taste, you’re sure to find a great place to enjoy a drink and some food near Wembley Stadium.
Hotels near Wembley Stadium, London
- Hilton London Wembley is a 4-star hotel located just a 5-minute walk from Wembley Stadium. It has a rooftop bar with stunning views of the stadium and the city.
- Premier Inn London Wembley Stadium is a budget hotel located just a 1-minute walk from the Stadium. It has a bar and restaurant on site.
- ibis London Wembley is a mid-range hotel located a 10-minute walk from the Stadium. It has a bar and restaurant on site.
- St George’s Hotel is a 4-star hotel located a 15-minute walk from Wembley Stadium. It has a spa and a restaurant on site.
- Novotel London Wembley is a 4-star hotel located a 10-minute walk from Wembley Stadium. It has a bar and restaurant on site.
These are just a few of the many hotels near the Stadium. When choosing a hotel, it is important to consider your budget, your needs, and your desired location.
How to get to Wembley Stadium
- By train: Wembley Stadium is served by two train stations: Wembley Stadium Station and Wembley Central Station. Wembley Stadium Station is on the Chiltern Railways line and is only a 9-minute journey from London Marylebone. Wembley Central Station is on the Bakerloo line and London Overground line and is a 14-minute journey from London Euston.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near Wembley Stadium. The most popular routes are the 18, 83, 92, 182, 206, 223, 297, and 483.
- By tube: Wembley Stadium is also served by two tube stations: Wembley Park Station and Wembley Central Station. Wembley Park Station is on the Metropolitan line and is a 12-minute journey from Baker Street. Wembley Central Station is on the Bakerloo line and London Overground line and is a 14-minute journey from London Euston.
- By car: Wembley Stadium is located just off the M1 motorway. There is a large car park at the stadium, but it can get very busy on match days. If you are planning to drive to Wembley Stadium, it is advisable to book your parking in advance.
Once you have arrived at Wembley Stadium, there are a number of ways to get around the site. The stadium is fully accessible by wheelchair and there are lifts and ramps to all areas. There are also a number of accessible toilets and changing facilities.
If you are attending a large event at Wembley Stadium, it is advisable to arrive early. The stadium can get very crowded and it can take some time to get to your seat. You should also be aware that there is a strict no-smoking policy in place at the stadium.
Here are some additional tips for getting to Wembley Stadium:
- If you are travelling by train, it is advisable to book your tickets in advance.
- If you are travelling by bus, you can check the timetables online or by calling Transport for London.
- If you are travelling by tube, you can check the travel times online or by using the TfL Go app.
- If you are travelling by car, you can check the traffic conditions online or by calling the Highways England hotline.
- If you are attending a large event, it is advisable to arrive early.
- Be aware of the no-smoking policy in place at the stadium.
Things to do at Wembley Stadium
- Take a tour of the stadium. Wembley Stadium offers a variety of tours, including a behind-the-scenes tour, a pitch side tour, and a Legends Tour. Tours last for approximately 90 minutes and cost £25 for adults and £20 for children.
- Watch a football match. Wembley Stadium is home to the England national football team and hosts major football matches, such as the FA Cup Final and the League Cup Final. Tickets for football matches at Wembley Stadium can be purchased through the Wembley Stadium website.
- Attend a concert. This is a popular venue for concerts and hosts a wide variety of artists, such as Beyonce, Ed Sheeran, and Coldplay. Tickets for concerts at Wembley Stadium can be purchased through the Wembley Stadium website or through a ticket broker.
- Visit the Wembley Stadium museum. The museum is located in the stadium’s East Stand and tells the story of the stadium, from its construction in 2007 to its many iconic moments. The museum is open daily from 10am to 5pm and admission is £10 for adults and £8 for children.
- Enjoy the atmosphere. Wembley Stadium is a truly iconic venue and the atmosphere at a match or concert is electric. Whether you’re a football fan, a music lover, or simply a fan of British culture, Wembley Stadium is a must-visit destination.
- Visit the London Designer Outlet. The London Designer Outlet is a large shopping mall located just a short walk from Wembley Stadium. The outlet has over 100 stores, including designer brands such as Nike, Adidas, and Hugo Boss.
- Explore Wembley Park. Wembley Park is a large, mixed-use development located adjacent to Wembley Stadium. The park has a variety of attractions, including a shopping centre, a cinema, and a number of restaurants.
- Take a walk along the River Brent. The River Brent is a small river that runs through Wembley Park. The river is a popular spot for walking, running, and cycling.
- Visit the Wembley Stadium Experience. The Wembley Stadium Experience is a virtual reality experience that allows you to explore the stadium and experience the atmosphere of a match or concert. The experience is located in the Wembley Stadium museum.
Things to do near Wembley Stadium
- Visit the National Football Museum. This museum is home to a collection of football-related exhibits, including trophies, memorabilia, and interactive displays.
- See a show at the SSE Arena Wembley. This arena hosts a variety of events, including concerts, sporting events, and ice shows.
- Take a walk through Wembley Park. This large park has plenty of space for walking, running, and playing.
- Enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants near Wembley Stadium. There are a variety of cuisines to choose from, including British, Italian, and Chinese.
If you are looking for something a little more unique, here are a few other ideas:
- Go axe throwing at Bad Axe Throwing. This is a great activity for groups of friends.
- Play a round of mini golf at Crazy Golf Wembley. This is a fun and challenging activity for all ages.
- Take a ride on the London Eye. This Ferris wheel offers stunning views of London.
- Visit the Churchill War Rooms. This museum is located in a former underground bunker that was used by Winston Churchill during World War II.
I hope this gives you some ideas for things to do near Wembley Stadium.