Inver Park guide
Inver Park is a football stadium in Larne, County Antrim, Northern Ireland. It is the home ground of Larne F.C. The stadium was opened in 1918 and has a capacity of 3,250.
Table of Contents
The stadium has undergone a number of renovations in recent years, including the installation of a new artificial pitch in 2018. In 2020, a new 600-seat stand was built at the Bleach Green end of the ground, and construction is currently underway on another 600-seat stand at the Church end. Inver Park is located in the Inver area of Larne, just a short walk from the town centre. The stadium is easily accessible by car, bus, or train.
Larne F.C. is a professional football club that competes in the NIFL Premiership, the top tier of Northern Irish football. The club was founded in 1886 and has won the Irish Cup on 13 occasions. Inver Park is a popular venue for football matches, concerts, and other events.
Pubs near Inver Park, home of Larne FC
- Chekkers Winebar is a popular spot for both locals and visitors. It has a wide selection of wines, beers, and spirits, as well as a menu of pub food and tapas. Address: 31-33 Lower Cross St, Larne BT40 1JW. Phone: 028 2827 5305.
- The Station Bar is a traditional Irish pub with a warm and friendly atmosphere. It’s a great place to watch a live sporting event or just relax with a pint of Guinness. Address: 52 Circular Rd, Larne BT40 3AB. Phone: 028 2827 8204.
- Olderfleet Bar & Lounge is a bit more upscale than the other two pubs, but it’s still a great place to enjoy a drink and some food. The menu features modern Irish cuisine, and the wine list is extensive. Address: 42 Fleet St, Larne BT40 1BA. Phone: 028 2827 2007.
Hotels near Inver Park in Larne, Northern Ireland
- Derrin Guest House is a Victorian-era bed and breakfast offering unfussy rooms and a cottage-style dining room, plus free Wi-Fi and parking. It is located at 2 Princes Gardens, Larne.
- Curran Court Hotel is a modern hotel with smart simple rooms, free breakfast and WiFi, and a traditional restaurant. It is located at 6 Redlands Rd, Larne.
- Premier Inn Carrickfergus is a budget hotel with simple en suite double and family rooms, pub food, and parking. It is located in Carrickfergus, which is about 15 minutes drive from Inver Park.
- Harbour Inn Larne is a townhouse-style bed and breakfast with relaxed rooms, free breakfast and Wi-Fi, and an area shuttle. It is located at 25 Olderfleet Rd, Larne.
Here are some other hotels near Inver Park:
- Ashdale Hotel
- Seaview House Bed and Breakfast
- The Park Hotel Larne
- The Manse Hotel
- The Glenarm Hotel
How to get to Inver Park, Larne football ground
- Follow the A8 into Larne.
- As you go downhill on the A8 and with a large block of flats visible in front of you, take the left-hand filter lane towards Pound Street.
- Then at the next traffic light turn right onto the High Street.
- After passing under a large bridge that carries the A8 above, immediately turn right onto Inver Road.
- Follow Inver Road around to the left (or for the away entrance turn right into Church Road where there is some street parking) and up the hill.
- The main entrance to the ground is just around the bend on the right (look for the white walls on either side of the entrance).
By public transport:
- Take the train to Larne Town railway station.
- From the station, walk straight out the station and through the car park and go left over the roundabout.
- Keep walking along this road (the A2) as it goes beneath the dual carriageway, and it will curve round to the right.
- You’ll pass a retail park on the left. Keep walking straight up this road as it becomes Station Road.
- At the end of the road (with the school on your left-hand side) cross into Inver Road.
- Away fans need to go straight along Church Road to reach their turnstile, whilst home fans follow Inver Road up the hill and round to the right.
- Take the Cairnryan – Larne/Larne – Cairnryan ferry.
- Continue straight
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto The Harbour Hwy
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto The Harbour Hwy/A8
- Turn right towards Circular Rd/A2 (signs for A2)
- At Circular Rd Roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Circular Rd/A2
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on Circular Rd/A2
- Turn right onto Glynn Rd
- Turn left onto Inver Rd
- Turn rightDestination will be on the left
Things to do near Inver Park, Larne
- Carnfunnock Country Park: This large park has woodland, a walled garden and hedge maze, walking trails and coastline, plus a cafe.
- Chaine Park: This park has a playground, tennis courts, a bowling green, and a cafe.
- Larne Town Park: This park has a playground, a boating lake, and a bandstand.
- The Gobbins: This cliffside walkway offers stunning views of the Causeway Coast.
- Titanic Belfast: This museum tells the story of the Titanic, which was built in Belfast.
- Carrickfergus Castle: This medieval castle is located on the coast of County Antrim.
- Belfast Castle: This castle offers panoramic views of Belfast city.
These are just a few of the many things to do near Inver Park stadium. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to find something to keep you entertained.