Lakeview Park guide
Lakeview Park is a football stadium in Loughgall, Northern Ireland. It is the home ground of Loughgall F.C. The stadium holds approximately 1,300 spectators. As the name suggests, Lakeview Park is adjacent to a lake.
Table of Contents
The stadium was built in 1958 and has been the home of Loughgall F.C. ever since. The ground has been renovated several times over the years, most recently in 2016.
Lakeview Park is a small, but charming stadium. It is located in a picturesque setting, with the lake providing a backdrop to the pitch. The stadium has a traditional feel, with terracing on both sides of the pitch.
Loughgall F.C. are a semi-professional football team who play in the NIFL Championship. They have a long and proud history, dating back to 1887. Lakeview Park is a popular venue for football matches. It is also used for other events, such as concerts and festivals. The stadium is well-maintained and provides a great atmosphere for spectators.
Pubs near Lakeview Park, home of Loughgall FC
- The Railway Bar, The Railway Bar has a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as a good selection of whiskeys. The pub also has a pool table and a dartboard. Address: Armagh BT61 7NA.
- The Old Bushmills Inn is a bit further away from Lakeview Park, but it is worth the trip. The Old Bushmills Inn is a historic pub that is located in the town of Bushmills. The pub has a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as a good selection of whiskeys. The Old Bushmills Inn also has a restaurant that serves traditional Irish cuisine. Address: 9 Dunluce Rd, Bushmills BT57 8QG. Phone: 028 2073 3000.
Hotels near Lakeview Park, Loughgall
- Armagh City Hotel is a 4-star hotel with modern rooms, a gym, and a swimming pool. It is located in Armagh city centre, about 5 miles from Lakeview Park.
- Charlemont Arms Hotel is a 3-star hotel in an 18th-century building in Armagh city centre. It has two restaurants and bars, and is located about 3 miles from Lakeview Park.
- The Ryandale Inn is a 3-star hotel in Dungannon, about 6 miles from Lakeview Park. It has a conference centre, a bar, and live entertainment on Saturdays.
- Hillview Lodge is a bed and breakfast in a rural setting, about 2 miles from Lakeview Park. It has en suite rooms, free WiFi, and a golf driving range.
Here are some other hotels that are a bit further away from Lakeview Park, but still within a reasonable driving distance:
- Castle Leslie Estate is a 5-star hotel set in a beautiful estate in Glaslough, about 12 miles from Lakeview Park. It has a golf course, a spa, and a variety of restaurants.
- Newforge House is a 4-star hotel in Lisburn, about 10 miles from Lakeview Park. It has a garden, a bar, and a restaurant.
- Downshire Arms Hotel is a 4-star hotel in Markethill, about 10 miles from Lakeview Park. It has a bar, a restaurant, and a leisure centre.
How to get to Lakeview Park, Loughgall football ground
- By car: The drive from London takes about 9 hours and 30 minutes. The fastest route is to take the M1 north to Birmingham, then the M6 north to the M56 west. Take the M56 to the A55 north, then follow the A55 to Loughgall. Lakeview Park is on Ballygasey Road, just off the A55.
- By train: You can take the train from London Euston to Belfast Central Station. From Belfast Central Station, you can take a bus or taxi to Loughgall. The bus journey takes about 45 minutes.
- By plane: You can fly from London Heathrow Airport to Belfast International Airport. From Belfast International Airport, you can take a bus or taxi to Loughgall. The bus journey takes about 50 minutes.
Once you arrive in Loughgall, you can walk to Lakeview Park. The stadium is located on Ballygasey Road, just off the A55.
Here are some other things to keep in mind when planning your trip to Lakeview Park Loughgall:
- The stadium is open from 10am to 6pm, seven days a week.
- There is a car park at the stadium, but it can get busy on match days.
- There are a few pubs and restaurants in Loughgall, but it is advisable to bring your own food and drink if you are planning on watching a match.
Things to do near Lakeview Park, Loughgall
- Loughgall Country Park: This park is a great place to go for a walk, have a picnic, or play a game of frisbee. There is also a playground, a golf course, and a boating lake.
- The Museum of Orange Heritage, Sloan’s House: This museum tells the story of the Orange Order, a Protestant fraternal organization in Northern Ireland. The museum is housed in a restored 17th-century house.
- Peatlands Park: This park is home to a variety of peatland habitats, including bogs, fens, and marshes. There are also walking trails, an education centre, and a visitor centre.
- Clonmore Castle: This 16th-century castle is located in the village of Clonmore, just a few miles from Loughgall. The castle is open to the public for tours.
- The Brown Trout Inn: This pub is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. They have a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as a good menu of food.
I hope this gives you some ideas for things to do near Lakeview Park in Loughgall.