Mourneview Park Stadium guide
Mourneview Park is a football stadium in Lurgan, County Armagh, Northern Ireland, and is the home ground of NIFL Premiership club Glenavon. The stadium holds 4,160 and was originally built in 1895.
Table of Contents
The stadium has undergone a number of renovations in recent years, including the construction of a new main stand in 2005. The stadium is located in a residential area, close to the General Hospital, around one mile south of Lurgan town centre.
Mourneview Park is a popular venue for football matches and other events. It has been used to host Northern Ireland national under-21 football team matches as well as matches involving the Northern Ireland women’s national football team.
The stadium is also home to the Glenavon Supporters Club, which has over 1,000 members. The club provides a range of services to supporters, including a matchday programme, a supporters’ bus to away matches, and a website.
Pubs near Mourneview Park Stadium, home of Glenavon FC
- The Railway Bar is a traditional Irish pub located just a 5-minute walk from the stadium. It has a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as a good range of food. Address: 103 William St, Lurgan, Craigavon BT66 6JB. Phone: 028 3832 2512.
- The Bridge Bar is a family-friendly pub located just across the river from the stadium. It has a large beer garden and a good selection of food. Address: 103 William St, Lurgan, Craigavon BT66 6JB. Phone: 028 3832 2512.
Hotels near Mourneview Park Stadium, in Lurgan, Northern Ireland
- Ashburn Hotel. Family-run hotel with relaxed, modern rooms & a European restaurant, plus free WiFi & parking.
- Banoge House. Bed & breakfast in a Georgian townhouse with garden views, free parking and an evening meal option.
- Glenmore Manor Hotel. Traditional 18th-century hotel offering conservative rooms, plus an indoor pool, sauna and Jacuzzi.
- The Bannville Hotel. Manor house on wooded grounds, offering simple rooms, home-cooked Irish fare and function space.
These hotels are all within a 10-minute drive of the Mourneview Park stadium. The Ashburn Hotel and The Bannville Hotel are both located in Lurgan, while Banoge House and Glenmore Manor Hotel are located in nearby villages.
Here are some other factors to consider when choosing a hotel near Mourneview Park Stadium:
- Price. The Ashburn Hotel is the most affordable option, while The Bannville Hotel is the most expensive.
- Amenities. Some hotels have more amenities than others, such as an indoor pool, sauna, or Jacuzzi.
- Location. If you want to be close to the stadium, the Ashburn Hotel and The Bannville Hotel are both good options. If you want to be in a more rural setting, Banoge House or Glenmore Manor Hotel might be a better choice.
How to get to Mourneview Park Stadium, Glenavon football ground
From Belfast/Lisburn M1
- Take exit 10 from the M1 and follow the A66 Lough Road over the railway level crossing.
- Just past the church, turn right into Edward Street, taking the A3 towards Craigavon.
- Take a left turn into Sloan Street, then a right turn into Union Street.
- The floodlights on your left hand side, take a left turn into Mourneview Avenue, the ground entrance is on the left hand side of the residential street.
From Lurgan Train Station
- Exit the Station and Turn left onto William St.
- Continue onto Market St past PSNI Station on your left, COI Church on right.
- Continue to follow Market St.
- Turn right onto Union St at the Mechanics Institute.
- Continue onto Tandragee Rd past Lurgan Hospital on your right.
- Turn left onto Mourneview Ave.
- At the Flush Place roundabout, take the left turn into the B3 Gilford Road, then take a right into Pollock Drive.
- This residential street leads into Mourneview Avenue, the ground entrance will appear on the right hand side.
Things to do near Mourneview Park Stadium:
- Lough Neagh Discovery Centre: This interactive museum is a great place to learn about the history and ecology of Lough Neagh, the largest lake in Northern Ireland.
- Craigavon City Lakes: These lakes are a popular spot for swimming, boating, and fishing. There are also walking trails and picnic areas around the lakes.
- Slieve Gullion: This mountain offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. There are several hiking trails to choose from, ranging from easy to challenging.
- Cultra Manor and Gardens: This historic manor house and gardens are a beautiful place to visit. There are also a number of events held at Cultra throughout the year, such as the annual Rose Festival.
- Ulster American Folk Park: This living history museum tells the story of Irish emigration to the United States. There are recreated 18th and 19th century buildings, as well as costumed interpreters who demonstrate traditional skills.
If you are looking for something to do in the evening, there are a number of bars and restaurants in Lurgan town center. There is also a cinema and a bowling alley.