Seaview stadium guide
Seaview is a football stadium in Belfast, Northern Ireland. It is the home ground of Crusaders F.C. and Newington Youth F.C., and traditionally hosts the final of the Steel & Sons Cup on Christmas Day. The stadium holds 3,383, and has a 4G playing surface.
Table of Contents
Seaview was opened in 1921 and was originally named Shore Road Stadium. The name was changed to Seaview in 1933, as the stadium was located close to the sea.
The stadium has undergone several redevelopments over the years, most recently in 2011. The new stands at either end of the ground and on its southern side replaced the previous terracing.
Seaview is a popular venue for football matches and other events. It has hosted matches for the Northern Ireland national team, as well as European club matches. The stadium is also used for concerts and other events.
Here are some interesting facts about Seaview stadium:
- The stadium is named after the fact that it was once close to the sea.
- The stadium has been the home of Crusaders F.C. since 1921.
- Seaview has hosted matches for the Northern Ireland national team.
- The stadium has a capacity of 3,383.
- Seaview has been used for concerts and other events.
Pubs near Seaview stadium, home of Crusaders FC
- Harry D’s Lounge is a bar and grill located at 25 St Aubyn St. It is a 5-minute walk from the stadium. They serve a variety of food, including burgers, pizzas, and steaks. They also have a wide selection of beers on tap. Address: 25 St Aubyn St, Belfast BT15 3QF. Phone: 028 9037 0777.
- Portside Inn is a pub, bar, breakfast restaurant, and restaurant located at 1 Dargan Rd. It is a 10-minute walk from the stadium. They serve a variety of food, including traditional Irish dishes, seafood, and pizzas. They also have a wide selection of beers on tap. Address: 1 Dargan Rd, ·, Belfast BT3 9JU. Phone: 028 9077 1422.
- The Hole In The Wall is a pub located at 1 Baltic Ave. It is a 15-minute walk from the stadium. They serve a variety of food, including burgers, sandwiches, and bar snacks. They also have a wide selection of beers on tap. Address: 1 Baltic Ave, Belfast BT15 2HR. Phone: 028 9074 0772.
Hotels near Seaview Stadium in Belfast, Northern Ireland
- The Lansdowne Hotel is a 3-star hotel located just 2 miles from Seaview Stadium. It has a bar, restaurant, and free Wi-Fi.
- Ramada by Wyndham Belfast City Centre is a 4-star hotel located in the city centre, just 1.5 miles from Seaview Stadium. It has a restaurant, bar, and fitness centre.
- Premier Inn Belfast Titanic Quarter is a 3-star hotel located in the Titanic Quarter, just 1 mile from the Stadium. It has a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi.
- Travelodge Belfast Central is a 2-star hotel located in the city centre, just 1.5 miles from the Stadium. It has a bar and free Wi-Fi.
Here are some other hotels that are a bit further away from Seaview Stadium, but still within a reasonable distance:
- Clifton Park Hotel is a 4-star hotel located in Holywood, just 3 miles from Seaview Stadium. It has a spa, restaurant, and bar.
- The Merchant Hotel is a 5-star hotel located in the city centre, just 2 miles from the Stadium. It has a Michelin-starred restaurant, bar, and spa.
- Stormont Hotel is a 4-star hotel located in Stormont, just 3 miles from the Stadium. It has a restaurant, bar, and fitness centre.
How to get to Seaview Stadium, Crusaders football ground
- By car: Seaview Stadium is located on Shore Road in East Belfast. The stadium is about 2 miles from the city center, and it is easily accessible by car. There is a large car park located at the stadium, but it can fill up quickly on match days.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near Seaview Stadium. The 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2G, and 2H buses all stop at the Skegoneill Seaview stop, which is just a short walk from the stadium.
- By train: The nearest train station to Seaview Stadium is Sydenham Station. The station is about a mile from the stadium, and there is a shuttle bus that runs between the station and the stadium on match days.
- On foot: Seaview Stadium is located in a residential area, so it is possible to walk to the stadium from the city center. The walk takes about 30 minutes.
Here are some specific directions on how to get to Seaview Stadium by car, bus, or train:
- From the city center, take the A2 Sydenham Bypass into East Belfast.
- Follow the signs for Seaview Stadium.
- The stadium will be on your right-hand side.
- Take the 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2G, or 2H bus to the Skegoneill Seaview stop.
- The stop is located just a short walk from the stadium.
- Take the train to Sydenham Station.
- From the station, take the shuttle bus to the Stadium.
Things to do near Seaview Stadium in Belfast
- Titanic Belfast: This world-famous museum tells the story of the Titanic, from its construction to its sinking. It is located just a short walk from the Stadium.
- The Ulster Museum: This museum houses a collection of over 2 million objects, including art, history, and natural history exhibits. It is located in the Botanic Gardens, which are also worth exploring.
- Crumlin Road Gaol: This former prison is now a museum that tells the story of the Troubles in Northern Ireland. It is located just a few minutes walk from Seaview Stadium.
- Ormeau Park: This park is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. There are gardens, playgrounds, and a boating lake.
- Queen’s University Belfast: This university is one of the oldest and most prestigious in Ireland. It is located in the heart of Belfast and is worth a visit even if you’re not a student.
- Botanic Gardens: These gardens are home to a variety of plants and flowers, as well as a lake, a maze, and a Japanese garden.
- The Big Fish: This giant metal fish sculpture is a popular landmark in Belfast. It is located on the River Lagan, just a short walk from Seaview Stadium.
- Titanic Quarter: This area is home to a number of Titanic-related attractions, including the Titanic Belfast museum and the SS Nomadic, a former tender ship to the Titanic.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. There are many other things to see and do in Belfast, so you’re sure to find something to keep you entertained.