Stangmore Park guide
Stangmore Park is a football stadium in Dungannon, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It is the home ground of Dungannon Swifts F.C., a Northern Ireland Premiership club. The stadium has a capacity of 2,000 spectators, with 300 seats.
Table of Contents
Stangmore Park was opened in 1975 and has been the home of Dungannon Swifts ever since. The stadium has been renovated several times over the years, most recently in 2006. The stadium is located in a pleasant rural setting, surrounded by green fields and a housing estate. The pitch is floodlit, allowing for evening games. The stadium is also home to a number of other sporting facilities, including a rugby pitch, a tennis court and a cricket pitch.
Stangmore Park is a well-maintained and popular venue for football matches and other events. The stadium is located in a pleasant rural setting and is easily accessible by car or public transport.
Pubs near Stangmore Park, home of Dungannon Swifts FC
- Feenys Bar is a traditional Irish pub with a warm and friendly atmosphere. It is located in the town centre, just a short walk from the stadium. Feenys Bar serves a wide range of drinks, including local beers and ales, as well as traditional Irish whiskeys. The pub also has a good selection of food, including pub favourites such as burgers, sandwiches, and fish and chips. Address: 4 Thomas St, Dungannon BT70 1HN. Phone: 028 8772 2983.
- The Square Bar is another popular pub in Dungannon. It is located in the Market Square, which is the heart of the town. The Square Bar has a lively atmosphere and is a great place to watch live sports. The pub also has a good selection of drinks and food. Address: 34 Market Square, Dungannon BT70 1JD. Phone: 028 8775 3315.
- Donaghy’s Bar is a family-run pub that has been serving Dungannon for over 100 years. It is located on William Street, just a short walk from the stadium. Donaghy’s Bar is a great place to go for a traditional Irish experience. Address: 26 William St, Dungannon BT70 1DX. Phone: 028 8772 3288.
Hotels near Stangmore Park, Dungannon
- Kensington Lodge is a bed and breakfast with excellent reviews. It is located 1.5 miles from the stadium.
- The Cohannon Inn is a hotel with a restaurant and bar. It is located 2.5 miles from the stadium.
- Grange Lodge is a bed and breakfast with a garden. It is located 3 miles from the stadium.
- Bank House Hotel is a hotel with a restaurant and bar. It is located in the town centre, 1 mile from the stadium.
Here are some other hotels that are a bit further away, but still within a reasonable distance:
- Glenavon House is a hotel located in Cookstown, 8 miles from Stangmore Park.
- Armagh City Hotel is a hotel located in Armagh, 12 miles from Stangmore Park.
- Belfast House is a hotel located in Cookstown, 9 miles from Stangmore Park.
How to get to Stangmore Park, Dungannon football ground
- From Belfast, take the M1/A4 to Dungannon. Exit onto the A29 towards Armagh and follow the signs for Stangmore Park. The stadium will be on your left.
- From Dublin, take the M1 to Newry. Exit onto the A1 and follow the signs for Dungannon. Take the A29 towards Armagh and follow the signs for Stangmore Park. The stadium will be on your left.
- Bus Éireann operates a number of buses from Belfast and Dublin to Dungannon. From Dungannon bus station, it is a 20-minute walk to Stangmore Park.
- Translink also operates a number of buses from Belfast and Dublin to Dungannon. From Dungannon bus station, it is a 20-minute walk to Stangmore Park.
- There is no train station in Dungannon, but there is a train station in Newry, which is about 15 miles away. From Newry train station, it is a 20-minute taxi ride to Stangmore Park.
- There are taxis available in Dungannon and Newry. A taxi from either town to Stangmore Park will cost around £10.
Things to do near Stangmore Park
- Castlewellan Forest Park: This park is home to a variety of hiking trails, mountain biking trails, and a lake for kayaking and canoeing. There is also a visitor center with exhibits on the park’s history and wildlife.
- Tollymore Forest Park: This park is another great place for hiking, biking, and water sports. It is also home to the Tollymore Witches’ Walk, a popular trail that takes you past some of the park’s most haunted landmarks.
- Glenariff Forest Park: This park is known for its stunning scenery, including the Glenariff Glens, a series of waterfalls and gorges. There are also several hiking trails in the park, ranging from easy to challenging.
- Dungannon Park: This park is located in the town of Dungannon and features a lake, a playground, and a number of walking trails. There is also a cafe and a visitor centre in the park.
- Hill of the O’Neill: This hilltop fort offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. There is also a visitor centre on the hill that tells the story of the O’Neills, a powerful Irish clan that once ruled the region.
These are just a few of the many things to do near Stangmore Park. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to find something to keep you entertained.