Balmoral Stadium guide
Balmoral Stadium is a football stadium in Aberdeen, Scotland. It is the home ground of Scottish League One club Cove Rangers. The stadium has a capacity of 3,023, of which 2,012 are seated. It was opened in 2018 and is named after Balmoral Castle, which is located nearby.
Table of Contents
The stadium has a single stand on the south side, which is called the Main Stand. This stand has a capacity of 324 seats and houses the dressing rooms and club offices. There are also two small stands on the north and east sides of the stadium, which are terracing.
Balmoral Stadium is located in the Cove Bay area of Aberdeen, about 3 miles south of the city centre. The stadium is easily accessible by car and by public transport. There is a car park at the stadium, as well as street parking in the surrounding area.
Cove Rangers have played at Balmoral Stadium since it opened in 2018. In addition to Cove Rangers, Balmoral Stadium is also used by the Aberdeen Women’s Football Club. The club plays in the Scottish Women’s Premier League, the top flight of women’s football in Scotland.
Balmoral Stadium is a modern stadium that is well-suited for both professional and amateur football. It is a comfortable and safe environment for spectators, and it has the potential to attract even more fans in the future.
Pubs near Balmoral Stadium, home of Cove Rangers FC
- The Wellington – Pub & Grill is a Greene King pub located about half a mile from the stadium. It has a large bar, a restaurant, and outdoor seating. Address: Wellington Rd, Nigg, Aberdeen AB12 3GH. Phone: 01224 873012.
- The Abbott is a traditional Scottish pub located about a mile from the stadium. It has a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as food and live music. Address: Provost Watt Dr, Kincorth, Aberdeen AB12 5BT. Phone: 01224 898273.
- The Langdykes is a family-friendly pub located just over a mile from the stadium. It has a beer garden, a children’s play area, and a pool table. Address: Loirston Cl, Cove Bay, Aberdeen AB12 3HE. Phone: 01224 877423.
- The Clubhouse at the Balmoral Stadium is the official stadium bar for Cove Rangers. It is located on the ground’s premises and is open to both home and away supporters.
- The Hay Loft is a popular pub located near Aberdeen Station. It is a short walk from the stadium and is a good option for away supporters. Address: 9 Portland St, Aberdeen AB11 6LN. Phone: 01224 592279.
Hotels near Balmoral Stadium in Aberdeen, Scotland
- Aberdeen Altens Hotel. This 4-star hotel is located just a 10-minute walk from the stadium and offers a variety of amenities, including a health club, restaurant, and conference facilities.
- Cove Bay Hotel. This 3-star hotel is located in the seaside town of Cove, just a few miles from the stadium. It offers stunning views of the North Sea and has a restaurant with a focus on local seafood.
- Malmaison Aberdeen. This 4-star hotel is located in the heart of Aberdeen city centre and is just a 15-minute walk from the stadium. It has a stylish bar and restaurant, and a spa with a rooftop pool.
- Marks @ The Manor Luxury Riverside Apartments. These apartments are located in the Riverside district of Aberdeen, just a short walk from the stadium. They offer self-catering accommodation with modern amenities.
- Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. This budget-friendly hotel is located in the heart of Aberdeen city centre and is just a 10-minute walk from the stadium. It has a 24-hour restaurant and bar, and free Wi-Fi.
How to get to Balmoral Stadium, Cove Rangers football ground
- By car: The stadium is located on Wellington Circle in Altens, Aberdeen. If you’re coming from the north, take the A92 towards Dundee and exit onto the A956. If you’re coming from the south, take the A90 and exit onto the A956. The stadium will be on your right-hand side.
- By bus: There are a number of bus services that stop near the stadium, including the First Aberdeen Number 3 bus and the Stagecoach Bluebird 36 bus. The nearest bus stops are on Wellington Circle and Balmoral Road.
- By train: The nearest train station is Aberdeen Railway Station, which is about 3 miles from the stadium. From the station, you can take a bus or walk to the stadium.
Here are the directions to Balmoral Stadium from Aberdeen Railway Station by bus:
- Cross the road to the other side of Guild Street.
- Take the First Aberdeen Number 3 bus going towards Cove.
- Get off at the next roundabout (where there is another Shell Garage on the right and a Burger King).
- Follow the road in-between Shell and Burger King into the small Retail Park and then the Industrial Estate.
- The stadium will be on your left-hand side.
Things to do near Balmoral Stadium, Ballater
- Visit Balmoral Castle. This is the Queen’s Scottish residence and is open to the public during the summer months.
- Go hiking or biking in the Cairngorms National Park. There are many trails to choose from, with varying levels of difficulty.
- Visit the Royal Lochnagar Distillery. This is a working distillery that offers tours and tastings.
- Take a boat trip on Loch Muick. This beautiful loch is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and swimming.
- Explore Braemar. This charming town is home to Braemar Castle, the Braemar Gathering, and several other attractions.
- Visit Crathie Kirk. This church is located just outside of Ballater and is the Queen’s local church.
- Go shopping in Ballater. There are several shops in town selling souvenirs, gifts, and local produce.
Here are some other ideas:
- Visit the Mar Lodge Estate. This is a large estate with forests, mountains, and lochs.
- Go stargazing. The Cairngorms National Park is a great place to see the stars.
- Visit the Glenmuick Estate. This estate is home to Glenmuick Estate Visitor Centre, which has exhibits on the history and wildlife of the area.
- Take a cooking class. There are several cooking schools in the area that offer classes on Scottish cuisine.