Forthbank Performance Sport Centre guide
Forthbank Performance Sport Centre is a sports complex in Stirling, Scotland. It is home to the Scottish Professional Football League club Stirling Albion and the Lowland Football League team University of Stirling. The complex also includes a gym, swimming pool, ice rink, and climbing wall.
Table of Contents
The Forthbank Performance Sport Centre was opened in 1993. It is located in the Stirling Sports Village, which also includes a golf course, tennis courts, and a bowling green.
The complex is managed by Active Stirling, a local authority-owned company. Active Stirling also manages other sports facilities in Stirling, including the Stirling University Sports Centre and the Stirling Leisure Centre.
The Forthbank Performance Sport Centre is a popular venue for a variety of sporting events including tournaments in badminton, gymnastics, and table tennis. The complex is also used by local schools and clubs for training and matches.
If you are interested in visiting the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre, you can find more information on the Active Stirling website.
Pubs near the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre, home of Stirling Albion FC
- Springkerse View is a Greene King pub with a restaurant and a beer garden. It is located in Springkerse Business Park, just a 10-minute walk from the stadium. Address: Springkerse Business Park, Glaive Ave, Stirling FK7 7XH. Phone: 01786 446092.
- The Corn Exchange is a Belhaven pub with a restaurant and a bar. It is located in the city centre, about a 15-minute walk from the sports centre. Address: 11-13 Corn Exchange Rd, Stirling FK8 2HX. Phone: 01786 451904.
- The Cold Beer Company is a craft beer bar with a restaurant and a beer garden. It is located in the city centre, about a 20-minute walk from the sports centre. Address: 84 Murray Pl, Stirling FK8 2BX. Phone: 01786 463524.
Hotels near the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre, Stirling, Scotland
- Holiday Inn Express Stirling, an IHG Hotel. This hotel is located in Springkerse Business Park, about 2 miles from the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre. It has a lounge bar, meeting space, free breakfast, parking, and Wi-Fi.
- Premier Inn Stirling City Centre hotel. This hotel is located in the city centre, about 1.5 miles from the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre. It has a grill restaurant and bar, free parking, and Wi-Fi.
- Travelodge Stirling City Centre. This hotel is located in the city center, about 1.5 miles from the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre. It has a warm restaurant/bar and free parking.
- The Golden Lion Hotel. This hotel is located in the city center, about 1 mile from the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre. It is a former coaching inn from 1786 and has modern rooms, a bar, a brasserie, and a formal ballroom.
How to get to Forthbank Performance Sport Centre, Stirling Albion football ground
- By car: The stadium is located at Springkerse, Stirling FK7 7UJ. There is a car park on-site with over 500 spaces.
- By bus: The nearest bus stop is Forthbank Stadium, which is served by Stagecoach buses 5, 10, 11, 12, 20, and 21.
- By train: The nearest train station is Stirling Station, which is a 10-minute walk from the stadium.
- By bike: There are cycle racks on-site at the stadium.
Here are some directions from different locations:
- From Stirling city centre: Head north on Causewayhead Road. Turn left onto Springkerse Road. The stadium will be on your right.
- From the M9 motorway: Take junction 9 and follow the A823 towards Stirling. Turn left onto Springkerse Road. The stadium will be on your right.
- From the A907 road: Turn right onto Springkerse Road. The stadium will be on your right.
The Forthbank Performance Sport Centre is a multi-purpose sports venue in Stirling, Scotland. It is home to Stirling Albion Football Club and the University of Stirling Football Club. The centre also has a range of other facilities, including a gym, swimming pool, ice rink, and climbing wall.
Things to do at the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre
- Watch a football match. Stirling Albion Football Club plays their home matches at Forthbank Stadium. The stadium has a capacity of 3,808, and tickets are available to buy online or at the stadium on match days.
- Play football. The centre has two full-size football pitches, which are available to hire for training or matches. There are also two five-a-side pitches, which are popular with local teams and clubs.
- Use the gym. The gym at Forthbank Performance Sport Centre has a wide range of equipment, including treadmills, weight machines, and free weights. There are also personal trainers available to help you get the most out of your workout.
- Swim in the pool. The swimming pool at Forthbank Performance Sport Centre is a 25-meter pool, with a shallow end for children and a deep end for adults. There are also a number of water features, including a water slide and a whirlpool.
- Go ice skating. The ice rink at Forthbank Performance Sport Centre is open all year round. There are public sessions available, as well as lessons for beginners and improvers.
- Climb the wall. The climbing wall at Forthbank Performance Sport Centre is a 12-meter wall, with a variety of routes to challenge climbers of all abilities. There are also instructors available to help you get started.
In addition to these activities, the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre also hosts a number of other events, such as conferences, exhibitions, and concerts.
Things to do near the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre
- Stirling Castle: This iconic castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Scotland. You can explore the castle’s history, climb to the top of the towers for stunning views, or visit the National Wallace Monument, which is located on the castle grounds.
- Stirling Botanic Gardens: These beautiful gardens are home to a variety of plants from around the world. There are also plenty of walking trails, a children’s playground, and a cafe.
- Stirling Smith Art Gallery and Museum: This museum houses a collection of Scottish art, as well as artifacts from the city’s history. There are also temporary exhibitions that change throughout the year.
- The National Trust for Scotland’s Bannockburn Visitor Centre: This visitor centre tells the story of the Battle of Bannockburn, which was a major victory for the Scots over the English in 1314. There are interactive exhibits, a film, and a replica of the battlefield.
- Stirling University: This university is home to a number of interesting buildings, including the Old Library, which was built in the 15th century. You can also take a tour of the university’s botanical gardens.
- The Albert Halls: These concert halls host a variety of events, including concerts, plays, and comedy shows. There is also a cafe and bar on site.
These are just a few of the many things to do near the Forthbank Performance Sport Centre. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have a great time exploring Stirling.