Indodrill Stadium guide
Indodrill Stadium (formerly Recreation Park) is a football stadium in Alloa, Clackmannanshire, Scotland. It is the home ground of Scottish Professional Football League team Alloa Athletic, who have played there since 1895.
Table of Contents
The stadium has a capacity of 3,100, of which 919 are seated. The ground has two stands, the Main Stand on the Hilton Road side and the South Stand. There is also a small uncovered terracing behind one of the goals.
The stadium was renamed Indodrill Stadium in 2014 after a sponsorship deal with Indodrill, a local engineering company. However, the stadium is still commonly referred to by its original name, Recreation Park.
The stadium is located on the A907, on the east side of Alloa. There is no parking available at the ground, but there is some street parking nearby.
Indodrill Stadium is a basic stadium, but it is well-maintained and provides a good atmosphere for matches. It is a popular venue for local football matches and has also hosted several international matches at youth level.
Pubs near Indodrill Stadium, home of Alloa Athletic
- The Bobbing John is a Wetherspoons pub located on Drysdale Street, about a 5-minute walk from the stadium. It has a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as food and snacks. Address: 46 Drysdale St, Alloa FK10 1JL. Phone: 01259 222590.
- Thistle Bar is a traditional Scottish pub located on Junction Place, about a 10-minute walk from the stadium. It has a friendly atmosphere and a good selection of beers and whiskies. Address: 1-22 Junction Place, Alloa FK10 1JW. Phone: 01259 725462.
- Old Brewery is a pub and restaurant located on E Vennel, about a 15-minute walk from the stadium. It has a beer garden, a good selection of beers and food, and live music on some nights. Address: 20 E Vennel, Alloa FK10 1ED. Phone: 01259 722722.
Hotels near Indodrill Stadium, Alloa, Scotland
- Claremont Lodge. It offers modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. There is also a bar and restaurant on site.
- Dunmar House Hotel and Restaurant. This hotel has traditional rooms with some four-poster beds. There is also a restaurant, bar, and gardens on site.
- Premier Inn Falkirk North hotel. This hotel offers simple en suite rooms with free Wi-Fi. There is also an on-site grill restaurant.
- Inglewood House & Spa. This hotel has chic lodging with elegant rooms. There is also a library-themed bar and a spa on site.
How to get to Indodrill Stadium, Alloa Athletic football ground
- By car: The stadium is located at Clackmannan Road, Alloa, FK10 1HG. If you’re coming from London, the journey takes about 7 hours and 17 minutes. You can follow the directions I provided earlier.
- By train: Alloa Railway Station is in easy walking distance of the stadium. It is served by trains from Stirling and Glasgow.
- By bus: There are a number of bus routes that stop near the stadium. The closest bus stop is on Clackmannan Road, just a few minutes walk from the stadium.
Once you arrive at the stadium, there is plenty of parking available. You can also park at Alloa Railway Station and walk to the stadium.
Here are some additional tips for getting to Indodrill Stadium:
- If you’re coming from London, I recommend leaving early. The journey can take a while, especially if there is traffic.
- If you’re taking the train, make sure to check the train times in advance. The last train from Glasgow to Alloa leaves at around 11:00pm.
- If you’re taking the bus, make sure to check the bus times in advance. The last bus from Stirling to Alloa leaves at around 11:30pm.
Things to do near Indodrill Stadium
- Alloa Tower: This 15th-century tower house offers stunning views of the town and surrounding countryside. You can also explore the castle’s dungeons and battlements.
- Clackmannanshire Cricket Club: This cricket club has been playing cricket since 1855. The club has two grounds, one of which is located just a short walk from Indodrill Stadium.
- Alloa Museum and Art Gallery: This museum tells the story of Alloa from its earliest days to the present. The museum also has a collection of art, including paintings, sculptures, and textiles.
- Clacks Castle Country Park: This park is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, rabbits, and foxes. There are also several walking trails and a children’s play area in the park.
- The Kelpies: These 30-meter-tall horse sculptures are one of Scotland’s most popular tourist attractions. The Kelpies are located just outside of Alloa, and they make for a great photo op.
If you’re looking for something to do in the evening, you could catch a show at the Alloa Town Hall or the Clackmannanshire Music Centre. There are also a number of pubs and restaurants in Alloa where you can enjoy a meal or a drink.