New Central Park guide
New Central Park is a football stadium in Kelty, Fife, Scotland. It is the home ground of Kelty Hearts Football Club. The stadium has a capacity of 3,000, with 1,030 covered seats and a standing capacity of 2,000.
Table of Contents
The stadium was built in 2011 and was officially opened on 14 August 2011. The first match played at the stadium was a friendly between Kelty Hearts and East Fife, which Kelty Hearts won 2-1.
New Central Park is a modern stadium with good facilities. It has a 3G artificial pitch, floodlights, and a social club. The stadium is also wheelchair accessible.
Kelty Hearts have played their home matches at New Central Park since 2011. The stadium has been a home to many memorable moments for the club, including their promotion to the Scottish League Two in 2015 and their promotion to the Scottish League One in 2022.
New Central Park is a popular stadium with fans of Kelty Hearts. The stadium is always well-attended for home matches, and the atmosphere is always electric.
Pubs near New Central Park stadium, home of Kelty Hearts FC
- Wee Jimmies is a popular pub with a warm and friendly atmosphere. It has a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as a good menu of pub food. Address: 177-3 High St, Cowdenbeath KY4 9QE. Phone: 01383 511126.
- The Old Cross Guns Inn is a traditional pub with a cosy interior. It is known for its selection of whiskies and its Sunday roasts. Address: 454 High St, Cowdenbeath KY4 8LS. Phone: 01383 514413.
- Partners Bar & Nitespot is a lively bar with a good selection of drinks and a dancefloor. It is a popular spot for pre-match drinks before Kelty Hearts games. Address: 210 High St, Cowdenbeath KY4 9NP. Phone: 01383 514427.
- The Woodside Hotel is a hotel with a bar and restaurant. The bar has a good selection of beers and wines, and the restaurant serves classic pub food. Address: 109 Broad St, Cowdenbeath KY4 8JR. Phone: 01383 510475.
These are just a few of the many pubs near New Central Park stadium in Fife. I hope you enjoy your visit!
Hotels near New Central Park stadium in Fife, Scotland
- Premier Inn Dunfermline hotel. This hotel is located in Dunfermline, about 3.2 miles from the stadium. It has a leisure park with a cinema and bowling alley, as well as a pub with food and drinks.
- Travelodge Dunfermline. This hotel is also located in Dunfermline, about 3.3 miles from the stadium. It has free parking and simple rooms with custom-designed beds.
- Woodside Hotel. This hotel is located in Dunfermline, about 3.4 miles from the stadium. It has a bar and restaurant, as well as meeting rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline, an IHG Hotel. This hotel is located in Dunfermline, about 3.5 miles from the stadium. It has free Wi-Fi, breakfast, and parking, as well as a bar and meeting space.
- Balmule House. This hotel is located in Kelty, about 4.3 miles from the stadium. It is a 16th-century manor house with a spa, restaurant, and gardens.
How to get to New Central Park stadium, Kelty Hearts football ground
- By car: New Central Park is located at Bath Street, Kelty, KY1 4DR. From the M90, take exit 5 and follow the A921 towards Cowdenbeath. Turn left onto Bath Street and the stadium will be on your right.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near New Central Park. The X24 bus runs from Dunfermline to Kirkcaldy and stops at the Kelty Square bus stop, which is a short walk from the stadium. The X25 bus runs from Kirkcaldy to Cowdenbeath and also stops at Kelty Square.
- By train: The nearest train station is Cowdenbeath, which is about a 10-minute walk from the stadium. There are trains from Edinburgh, Glasgow, and other parts of Fife that stop at Cowdenbeath.
Once you arrive at New Central Park, there is plenty of free parking available.
Here are some additional tips for getting to New Central Park:
- If you are coming by car, be aware that there is limited parking on match days. It is best to arrive early to avoid traffic and find a parking space.
- If you are coming by bus, check the timetables in advance to make sure you catch the right bus.
- If you are coming by train, allow extra time for your journey as there can be delays on match days.
Things to do near New Central Park stadium in Fife, Scotland
- Lochore Meadows Country Park: This is a large park with a variety of activities, including walking, cycling, fishing, and boating. There is also a visitor center with exhibits on the park’s history and wildlife.
- Kelty War Memorial: This memorial commemorates the men and women from Kelty who died in World War I and World War II. It is a short walk from New Central Park.
- Kelty Totem Pole: This totem pole was carved by a local artist and is a popular tourist attraction. It is located near the Kelty War Memorial.
- St Josephs Catholic Church: This church was built in 1863 and is a beautiful example of Gothic Revival architecture. It is located in the center of Kelty.
- Kelty Parish Church: This church was built in 1777 and is one of the oldest buildings in Kelty. It is located near the Kelty War Memorial.
- Loch Glow Fishery: This fishery offers fishing for salmon, trout, and pike. It is located about 2 miles from New Central Park.
- Pittencrieff Park: This park is one of the largest in Fife and has a variety of attractions, including a boating lake, a golf course, and a maze. It is located about 2 miles from New Central Park.
- Knockhill Racing Circuit: This is a world-renowned racing circuit that hosts a variety of events, including car races, motorcycle races, and drifting competitions. It is located about 5 miles from New Central Park.
[Image of Knockhill Racing Circuit Fife]
- Andrew Carnegie Birthplace Museum: This museum tells the story of Andrew Carnegie, the Scottish-American industrialist who was one of the richest men in the world. The museum is located in Dunfermline, which is about 5 miles from New Central Park.
- Dunfermline Abbey and Palace: This abbey and palace are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and are one of the most important historical sites in Fife. They are located in Dunfermline, which is about 5 miles from New Central Park.