ZLX Stadium guide
ZLX Stadium, formerly known as New Douglas Park, is a football stadium in Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. It is the home of Scottish League One side Hamilton Academical and Scottish League Two side Clyde.
Table of Contents
The stadium was opened in 2001 and has a capacity of 6,018. It is an all-seater stadium with a seated stand on each side of the pitch. The stadium also has a small covered stand behind one goal.
The stadium is named after ZLX Business Solutions, a tax credit consultancy company. The sponsorship deal was announced in 2022 and is worth £108,000 over three years.
The stadium is located on Cadzow Avenue in Hamilton, just a short walk from the town centre. It is well-served by public transport, with buses and trains stopping nearby.
ZLX Stadium is a modern stadium that provides a good venue for football matches. It is also a popular venue for other events, such as concerts and conferences.
Pubs near the ZLX Stadium, home of Hamilton Academical
- Academical Vaults is a traditional Scottish pub with a warm and inviting atmosphere. It has a wide selection of beers on tap, as well as a menu of pub food. Address: 26 Burnbank Rd, Hamilton ML3 9AA. Phone: 01698 422885.
- ML3 Bar is a more modern bar with a lively atmosphere. It is a popular spot for pre-match drinks and has a good selection of cocktails. Address: 26A Muir St, Hamilton ML3 6EU. Phone: 01698 427360.
- The Peacock & Ivy is a great option for those looking for a more upmarket pub experience. It has a stylish interior and a menu of modern British cuisine. Address: 1 Burnbank Rd, Hamilton ML3 9AA. Phone: 01698 304600.
All of these pubs are within walking distance of the ZLX Stadium, so you won’t have to worry about getting lost or taking a taxi.
Hotels near the ZLX Stadium in Hamilton, Scotland
- Hampton by Hilton Hamilton Park. It offers complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi and parking, plus a fitness centre and a bar. It is 0.4 miles (0.64 km) from the stadium.
- The Bay Horse. It is a self-catering accommodation with free Wi-Fi and a garden. It is 0.5 miles (0.80 km) from the stadium.
- Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, an IHG Hotel. It offers free Wi-Fi, a breakfast buffet, a bar and a cafe. It is 0.6 miles (0.97 km) from the stadium.
- The Villa Hotel. It has modest rooms, a lush garden and an international restaurant. It is 1.3 miles (2.1 km) from the stadium.
How to get to the ZLX Stadium, Hamilton Academical football ground
- By car: The stadium is located at Cadzow Avenue in Hamilton, South Lanarkshire. The postcode is ML3 9BP. If you’re coming from Glasgow, you can take the M74 to junction 6 and follow the signs for Motherwell Road/A723. The stadium will be on your right.
- By public transport: There are a number of bus services that stop near the stadium, including the 201, 263, and 267. You can also get to the stadium by train, as Hamilton Central Station is only a short walk away.
- On foot: If you’re feeling energetic, you can walk to the stadium from Hamilton town centre. It’s about a 20-minute walk.
Here are some specific directions for each method of transportation:
- Take the M74 to junction 6.
- Follow the signs for Motherwell Road/A723.
- The stadium will be on your right.
By public transport:
- Take the 201, 263, or 267 bus to the “New Douglas Park” stop.
- The stadium will be on your right.
- Start at Hamilton town centre.
- Walk along High Street.
- Turn left onto Cadzow Street.
- The stadium will be on your left.
Things to do near the ZLX Stadium in Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland
- Hamilton Palace is a beautiful 17th-century mansion that is now a museum. The palace has stunning gardens, a maze, and a children’s play area.
- Hamilton Smithy is a working smithy that has been in operation since the 18th century. Visitors can see demonstrations of blacksmithing and learn about the history of the trade.
- Hamilton Racecourse is a popular venue for horse racing and other events. The racecourse is located just a short walk from the ZLX Stadium.
- Hamilton Town Centre has a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars. There is also a cinema and a library in the town centre.
If you are looking for something to do outdoors, you could visit one of the following:
- Hamilton Park is a large park with a variety of facilities, including a playground, a boating lake, and a golf course.
- Chatelherault Country Park is a beautiful park with woodland walks, a river, and a historic mansion.
- Bogs of Hamilton is a nature reserve with a variety of bogs, marshes, and woodland.
I hope this gives you some ideas for things to do near the ZLX Stadium.