Dumbarton Football Stadium guide
Dumbarton Stadium is a football stadium in Dumbarton, Scotland. It is the home ground of Dumbarton Football Club and has a capacity of 2,020. The stadium is nicknamed “The Rock” because it is adjacent to Dumbarton Castle.
Table of Contents
The stadium has just one stand, which was officially opened on Saturday 2 December 2000 prior to the visit of Elgin City. The stand is covered and all-seated, and it offers good views of the pitch. The three sides of the stadium without stands are open areas.
The stadium is located in a convenient location, just 5-10 minutes walk from Dumbarton East railway station on the North Clyde Line. There is also a car park at the stadium with space for around 100 cars.
Pubs near Dumbarton Stadium, home of Dumbarton FC
- The Stags Head is a popular pub with a wide selection of beers and whiskies. It also has a restaurant that serves traditional Scottish food. Address: 116 Glasgow Rd, Dumbarton G82 1JN. Phone: 01389 732642.
- The Counting House is a gastropub with a focus on locally-sourced food. It has a warm and inviting atmosphere, and is a great place to watch a match. Address: 17 High St, Dumbarton G82 1LS. Phone: 01389 765457.
- The Boatyard is a bar and grill with a riverside location. It has a relaxed atmosphere and is a great place to enjoy a meal with friends. Address: 1A Riverside Ln, Dumbarton G82 1LB. Phone: 07537 951891.
- The Milton Inn is a family-friendly pub with a large beer garden. It is a great place to relax and enjoy a drink with friends. Address: 1 Dumbarton Rd, Dumbarton G82 2TD. Phone: 01389 761401.
Hotels near Dumbarton Stadium
- Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond hotel. Modern economy lodging with simple en suite rooms, an on-site pub/restaurant & free parking.
- Abbotsford Hotel. Unfussy rooms in a casual lodging offering classic dining and a bar, plus free breakfast and Wi-Fi.
- Travelodge Dumbarton. Straightforward rooms with desks & flat-screens in a functional budget hotel offering free Wi-Fi.
- Gleddoch Golf & Spa Resort. Refined property offering individually styled rooms, plus an 18-hole golf course, a spa and dining.
- Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort. Luxury resort with a championship golf course, a spa, and a variety of dining options.
- Cameron House on Loch Lomond. Five-star hotel with stunning views of Loch Lomond, a spa, and two restaurants.
How to get to Dumbarton Stadium, Dumbarton football ground.
- The nearest train station is Dumbarton East, which is a 10-minute walk from the stadium. Trains run from Glasgow Queen Street station every 20 minutes.
- You can also get to Dumbarton Stadium by train from Balloch, which is a 15-minute walk from the stadium. Trains run from Glasgow Queen Street station every 30 minutes.
- The nearest bus stop to the stadium is Leven Street, which is a 5-minute walk from the stadium. Buses run from Glasgow city centre every 30 minutes.
- You can also get to Dumbarton Stadium by bus from Balloch, which is a 10-minute walk from the stadium. Buses run from Glasgow city centre every hour.
Here are the directions to Dumbarton Stadium from Glasgow city centre by train:
- From Glasgow Queen Street station, take the train to Dumbarton East.
- Get off at Dumbarton East station and walk for 10 minutes to the stadium.
Here are the directions to Dumbarton Stadium from Glasgow city centre by bus:
- From Buchanan Street bus station, take the bus to Leven Street.
- Get off at Leven Street and walk for 5 minutes to the stadium.
Things to do near Dumbarton Stadium
- Visit Dumbarton Castle. This historic castle is perched on a rocky outcrop overlooking the River Clyde. It has a rich history dating back to the 12th century.
- Explore the Scottish Maritime Museum. This museum tells the story of Scotland’s maritime history, from its early days as a trading nation to its role in the Industrial Revolution.
- Walk along the Dumbarton Shore Walk. This scenic walkway follows the River Clyde for 2 miles. It’s a great place to enjoy the views of the river and the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Meadow Centre. This sports complex has a swimming pool, a gym, and a number of sports pitches. It’s a great place to go for a workout or to watch a game of football.
- Have a pint at the Stags Head. This traditional pub is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike. It’s a great place to go for a drink and a bite to eat.
- Take a boat trip on Loch Lomond. Loch Lomond is one of the most beautiful lochs in Scotland. There are a number of boat trips available, so you can explore the loch at your own pace.
These are just a few ideas of things to do near Dumbarton Stadium. With its rich history, stunning scenery, and vibrant culture, there’s something for everyone in this part of Scotland.