Ochilview Park guide
Ochilview Park is a football stadium in Stenhousemuir in the Falkirk council area of Scotland. It is the home ground of Scottish League Two club Stenhousemuir, and is also currently shared by Championship club Queen Of The South FC. The stadium has a capacity of 3,746 with 626 seated.
Table of Contents
Ochilview Park was opened in 1890 and has been the home of Stenhousemuir since then. It has also temporarily hosted home games of other nearby clubs including Stirling Albion, Falkirk and East Stirlingshire.
The stadium has one main stand, which is all-seated and has a capacity of 626. There is also a large terracing at the Tryst Road end of the ground, which can accommodate up to 3,120 standing fans.
The stadium is also home to the Stenhousemuir Supporters Club, which has its own bar and social club on the ground.
Ochilview Park is a well-maintained stadium and is a popular destination for football fans in the Falkirk area.
Pubs near Ochilview Park, home of Stenhousemuir FC (and Queen Of The South)
- Ochilview Bar is a popular pub with a wide selection of beers and spirits. It also has a pool table and a darts board. Address: Tryst Rd, Stenhousemuir, Larbert FK5 4QJ. Phone: 01324 562711.
- Crown Inn is a traditional Scottish pub with a warm and inviting atmosphere. It serves good food and has a wide selection of beers on tap. Address: 246 Main St, Stenhousemuir, Larbert FK5 3JP. Phone: 01324 562042.
- The Stables Bar & Kitchen is a gastropub with a focus on fresh, local ingredients. It has a large beer garden and a children’s play area. Address: Mount Gerald House, Corrie Ave, Stenhousemuir FK5 4XA. Phone: 01324 227177.
- Station Hotel is a historic hotel with a traditional pub. It has a good selection of beers and whiskies, and it is also a popular spot for live music. Address: 2 Foundry Loan, Larbert FK5 4AW. Phone: 01324 557186.
- The Plough Hotel is a family-friendly pub with a large beer garden. It serves good food and has a wide selection of beers on tap. Address: 507 Main St, Stenhousemuir, Larbert FK5 4EY. Phone: 01324 357733.
All of these pubs are within a short walk of Ochilview Park, so you’re sure to find one that you’ll enjoy.
Hotels near Ochilview Park, in Stenhousemuir, Scotland
- Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) hotel. This budget hotel is 0.9 miles from the stadium and has free parking. It has modern en suite rooms and an on-site pub/restaurant.
- Premier Inn Falkirk Central hotel. This hotel is 1.8 miles from the stadium and also has free parking. It has simple rooms with en suite bathrooms and an on-site pub/restaurant.
- Premier Inn Falkirk North hotel. This hotel is 2.1 miles from the stadium and has free parking. It has simple en suite rooms and an on-site grill restaurant.
- The Plough Hotel. This hotel is 3 minutes from the stadium and does not have free parking. It has a traditional pub and restaurant, as well as a number of meeting rooms.
- Carronvale House. This hotel is 0.8 miles from the stadium and has free parking. It has a spa, a bar, and a restaurant.
- Clachan Hotel. This hotel is 0.9 miles from the stadium and has free parking. It has a bar, a restaurant, and a function room.
How to get to Ochilview Park, Stenhousemuir football ground
- By car: Take the M876 to Junction 2 and follow the A88 towards Stenhousemuir. After about three quarters of a mile, turn right into Tryst Road. The ground is down the bottom of this road on the left.
- By train: The nearest railway station is Larbert, which is just under a mile away from Ochilview Park. As you come out of the station, bear left down the main (King Street) road in front of the station. Continue down Kings Road and you will reach the ground on the left.
- By bus: The 6, 6A, 7 and 8 First Busses all travel through Stenhousemuir. Be sure to get off at ASDA Stenhousemuir, which is opposite the Stadium.
- By foot: Ochilview Park is central in Stenhousemuir and can be found beside B&M, Tim Horton’s, Asda and the main Town Centre. If you head for any of these areas, the ground will be visible.
Here are some detailed directions for each method of transportation:
- Take the M876 to Junction 2.
- Follow the A88 towards Stenhousemuir.
- After about three quarters of a mile, turn right into Tryst Road.
- The ground is down the bottom of this road on the left.
- Take the train to Larbert station.
- As you come out of the station, bear left down the main (King Street) road in front of the station.
- Continue down Kings Road and you will reach the ground on the left.
- Take the 6, 6A, 7 or 8 First Bus to Stenhousemuir.
- Get off at ASDA Stenhousemuir, which is opposite the Stadium.
- Walk to the main Town Centre in Stenhousemuir.
- The ground is beside B&M, Tim Horton’s, Asda and the main Town Centre.
Things to do near Ochilview Park
- Visit the Kelpies. The Kelpies are two 100-foot-tall horse sculptures that are located in the Helix, a parkland area in Falkirk. They are the largest equine sculptures in the world and are a popular tourist destination.
- Go karting at Xtreme Karting Falkirk. This indoor karting track is a great way to have some fun and adrenaline-pumping action. There are different karts for different age groups and abilities, so everyone can enjoy themselves.
- Take a ride on the Falkirk Wheel. The Falkirk Wheel is a rotating boat lift that connects the Forth and Clyde Canal with the Union Canal. It is a unique and impressive engineering feat, and it is a great way to see the surrounding area.
- Visit Callendar House. Callendar House is a historic mansion that is located in Falkirk. It was built in the 17th century and is now a museum. The house is full of interesting exhibits, including a collection of paintings, furniture, and artifacts.
- Explore the Antonine Wall. The Antonine Wall was a Roman defensive wall that was built in the 2nd century AD. It is one of the best-preserved Roman walls in the world, and it is a popular spot for hiking and biking.
- Visit the Clan Colquhoun Heritage & Visitor Centre. The Clan Colquhoun Heritage & Visitor Centre is located in Dollar, which is about 10 miles from Ochilview Park. The centre tells the story of the Colquhoun clan, who were one of the most powerful clans in Scotland.
I hope this gives you some ideas for things to do near Ochilview Park.