Scottish Premiership teams guide 23/24
The Scottish Premiership is the top division of the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL), the league competition for men’s professional football clubs in Scotland. It was established in July 2013, after the SPFL was formed by a merger of the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League. There are 12 teams in this division, with each team playing 38 matches per season.
The current league champions are Celtic, who have won the Scottish Premiership a record 53 times. Rangers are the second most successful team in the league, with 55 titles. The last time a team other than Rangers or Celtic won the championship was in 1984–85, by Aberdeen.
Here are some of the most interesting facts about the Scottish Premiership:
- The most goals scored in a single season in the Scottish Premiership is 102, by Celtic in 2015–16.
- The most goals scored by a player in a single season in the Scottish Premiership is 37, by Leigh Griffiths for Celtic in 2015–16.
- The most appearances in the Scottish Premiership is 582, by Alan Hutton for Rangers.
The Scottish Premiership is a great league to watch for fans of all levels of football. It is a competitive league with some of the biggest clubs in Scotland, and it is sure to provide plenty of excitement throughout the season.
Full list of Scottish Premiership teams for the 23/24 season
- Tynecastle Park | Heart of Midlothian football ground guide
- The SMiSA Stadium | St Mirren football ground guide
- The BBSP Stadium Rugby Park | Kilmarnock football ground guide
- Pittodrie Stadium | Aberdeen football ground guide
- McDiarmid Park | St Johnstone football ground guide
- Ibrox Stadium | Rangers football ground guide
- Almondvale Stadium | Livingston football ground guide
- Celtic Park | Celtic football ground guide
- Dens Park – Kilmac | Dundee football ground guide
- Easter Road | Hibernian football ground guide
- Fir Park | Motherwell football ground guide
- Global Energy Stadium | Ross County football ground guide