Global Energy Stadium guide
Global Energy Stadium, formerly known as Victoria Park, is an all-seater football stadium in Dingwall, Highland, Scotland. It is the home ground of Ross County, who currently play in the Scottish Premiership.
Table of Contents
The stadium was built in 1929 and has undergone several renovations over the years. The most recent renovation was completed in 2012, when the stadium was renamed Global Energy Stadium and was expanded to a capacity of 6,541.
The stadium has a single tier of seating on all four sides, with the West Stand being the largest. The West Stand also has a row of executive boxes running along the back. The Jail End is located behind the south goal and is traditionally the most vocal section of the home support.
Global Energy Stadium is located just east of the town centre of Dingwall and is a short walk from the railway station. There is also ample free parking available in the town centre.
The stadium is well-served by public transport, with regular bus services from Inverness and other parts of the Highlands.
Global Energy Stadium is a modern and well-maintained stadium that provides a great atmosphere for football matches. It is a popular venue for both home and away fans and is sure to provide a memorable experience for any visitor.
Here are some additional facts about Global Energy Stadium:
- The record attendance at the stadium is 6,464, set for a Scottish Cup match against Rangers in 1966.
- The stadium is named after Global Energy, a company founded by Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor.
- The stadium has undersoil heating, which allows it to be used all year round.
- The stadium is located in the Highlands of Scotland, which is known for its beautiful scenery.
Pubs near the Global Energy Stadium, home of Ross County FC
- The Mallard is a popular pub with a good selection of beers and whiskies. It is located just a short walk from the stadium and is a great place to go before or after a match. Address: Station Square, Dingwall IV15 9JD. Phone: 07587 692355.
- The Royal Hotel is a traditional Highland pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It is located in the town centre, just a few minutes’ walk from the stadium. Address: High St, Dingwall IV15 9HL. Phone: 01349 862130.
- The Black Isle Brewery is a great place to go for a pint of locally-brewed beer. The brewery is located just outside of Dingwall and offers tours and tastings. Address: Old Allangrange, Munlochy IV8 8NZ. Phone: 01463 811871.
- The Old Forge is a family-friendly pub with a good selection of food and drinks. It is located in the town centre, just a short walk from the stadium.
- The Storehouse is a bit more upmarket than the other pubs on this list, but it is a great place to go for a meal or a drink with friends. The Storehouse has a wide selection of beers, wines, and spirits, as well as a menu of modern Scottish cuisine. Address: Foulis Ferry, Evanton, Dingwall IV16 9UX. Phone: 01349 830038.
Hotels near the Global Energy Stadium in Dingwall, Scotland
- The National Hotel is a 3-star hotel in the heart of Dingwall, just a 5-minute walk from the stadium. It has a bar, restaurant, and free Wi-Fi.
- The Waverley Inn is a 2-star hotel in a quiet location in Dingwall, a 10-minute walk from the stadium. It has a bar, restaurant, and free Wi-Fi.
- Royal Hotel is a 2-star guesthouse in Dingwall, a 10-minute walk from the stadium. It has a bar, restaurant, and free Wi-Fi.
- The Birches Dingwall is a bed and breakfast in Dingwall, a 15-minute walk from the stadium. It has a garden, free Wi-Fi, and parking.
Here are some other hotels that are a bit further from the stadium:
- Bunchrew House Hotel is a 4-star hotel in the countryside, a 20-minute drive from the stadium. It has a spa, restaurant, and free Wi-Fi.
- Tulloch Castle Hotel is a 5-star castle hotel in the countryside, a 25-minute drive from the stadium. It has a spa, restaurant, and free Wi-Fi.
- Priory Hotel is a 4-star hotel in Inverness, a 30-minute drive from the stadium. It has a spa, restaurant, and free Wi-Fi.
How to get to Global Energy Stadium, Ross County football ground
- The stadium is located on Jubilee Park Road in Dingwall, Highland, Scotland.
- The postcode is IV15 9QZ.
- There is a car park at the stadium, but it can get crowded on match days.
- You can also park in the town centre and walk to the stadium, which is about a 5-minute walk.
- Dingwall Railway Station is located just a few minutes walk from the stadium.
- There are direct trains from Inverness to Dingwall, which take about 30 minutes.
- You can check the train timetables here: https://www.scotrail.co.uk/
- Buses 25, 27, and 28 connect Dingwall with Inverness.
- The bus stop is located on Hill Street, which is just a few minutes walk from the stadium.
- You can check the bus timetables here: https://www.travelinescotland.com/
Things to do near the Global Energy Stadium
- Visit Dingwall Museum. This museum tells the story of Dingwall and the surrounding area, from its early history to the present day. It has a wide range of exhibits, including archaeological finds, military artifacts, and traditional Highland dress.
- Go for a walk or hike in Fyrish Park. This park is located just a short walk from the stadium and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. There are several walking trails to choose from, ranging from easy to challenging.
- Visit the Hector MacDonald Monument. This monument is dedicated to Hector MacDonald, a Scottish soldier who was executed for cowardice in 1813. The monument is located on a hilltop overlooking Dingwall and offers panoramic views of the area.
- Take a tour of The Singleton Distillery. This distillery is located in nearby Glen Ord and offers tours of the whisky-making process. You can also sample some of the distillery’s award-winning whiskies.
- Visit Castle Leod. This castle is located about 4 miles from Dingwall and is one of the best-preserved castles in the Highlands. It was built in the 15th century and is now owned by the Clan Mackenzie.
- Go shopping at the Dingwall & Highland Marts. This market is held every Wednesday and Saturday and sells a wide variety of goods, including fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and crafts.