The SMiSA Stadium guide
The SMiSA Stadium is a football stadium in Paisley, Scotland. It is the home of St Mirren Football Club and has a capacity of 8,023. The stadium was opened in January 2009 and replaced Love Street, which was St Mirren’s home for 117 years.
Table of Contents
The SMiSA Stadium is a modern stadium with all the amenities you would expect from a 21st century football ground. It has a covered seated stand, a large terracing end, and a family stand. There are also a number of corporate hospitality suites.
The stadium is located on Greenhill Road in Paisley, which is about 2 miles from the town centre. It is well served by public transport, with buses and trains stopping nearby. There is also a car park with over 500 spaces.
The SMiSA Stadium is a popular venue for football matches, concerts, and other events. It has hosted a number of international matches, including Scotland Under-21s matches and UEFA Europa League matches. The stadium has also hosted concerts by artists such as Rod Stewart, Elton John, and The Killers.
If you are a fan of St Mirren or just football in general, then the SMiSA Stadium is a great place to watch a match. The stadium is modern and well-equipped, and the atmosphere is always electric.
Pubs near The SMiSA Stadium, home of St Mirren FC
- Tartan Rose is a traditional Scottish pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It’s located just a short walk from the stadium, and it’s a popular spot for both locals and visitors alike. Address: 2 Broomlands St, Paisley PA1 2LR. Phone: 0141 887 1800.
- The Argyll Bar is another popular pub near the stadium. It’s a bit more modern than the Tartan Rose, but it still has a great atmosphere. The Argyll Bar is also a great place to watch a game, as they have several TVs showing live sports. Address: 16 Old Sneddon St, Paisley PA3 2AL. Phone: 0141 887 0063.
- Bull Inn is a bit further from the stadium, but it’s worth the walk. The Bull Inn is a historic pub with a great selection of beers and whiskies. They also have a delicious food menu, so you can enjoy a full meal before or after the game. Address: 7 New St, Paisley PA1 1XU. Phone: 0141 849 0472.
- Old Swan Inn is a great option if you’re looking for a pub with a more relaxed atmosphere. It’s located in the heart of Paisley town centre, and it’s a popular spot for locals to meet up for a drink. Address: 20 Smithhills St, Paisley PA1 1EB. Phone: 0141 562 0908.
- The Crown Bar is a traditional Scottish pub with a real sense of history. It’s located in the town centre, and it’s been serving drinks since 1789. The Crown Bar is a great place to experience the traditional Scottish pub experience. Address: 37 Broomlands St, Paisley PA1 2NG. Phone: 0141 889 3318.
Hotels near The SMiSA Stadium in Paisley, Scotland
- Premier Inn Glasgow (Paisley). This hotel is located just 1.5 miles from the stadium and offers modern rooms with en suite bathrooms. It also has a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi.
- Travelodge Glasgow Airport Central. This budget hotel is located just 4 miles from the stadium and offers clean and comfortable rooms. It also has a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi.
- Premier Inn Glasgow Airport. This hotel is located just 3 miles from the stadium and offers modern rooms with en suite bathrooms. It also has a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi.
- Glynhill Hotel & Spa. This hotel is located 5 miles from the stadium and offers a variety of amenities, including a spa, swimming pool, and fitness centre. It also has a restaurant and bar.
- The Inn on the Green. This hotel is located 2 miles from the stadium and offers a more traditional Scottish setting. It has a restaurant, bar, and gardens.
How to get to The SMiSA Stadium, St Mirren football ground
- By car: The SMiSA Stadium is located just off the M8 motorway, so it is easy to reach by car. Exit the M8 at junction 29 and follow the signs for Paisley. Once you are in Paisley, follow the signs for St Mirren Park. There is a car park at the stadium, but it can get busy on matchdays, so it is advisable to arrive early.
- By train: Paisley Gilmour Street station is the nearest train station to The SMiSA Stadium. Trains run regularly from Glasgow Central and Paisley Gilmour Street station, and the journey takes around 15 minutes. From the station, it is a short walk to the stadium.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near The SMiSA Stadium. The most convenient bus stop is Craigielea Drive, which is just a few minutes walk from the stadium.
- On foot: If you are staying in the town centre, it is a pleasant walk to The SMiSA Stadium. The walk takes around 15 minutes.
Here are some additional tips for getting to The SMiSA Stadium:
- If you are driving, allow plenty of time to get to the stadium, especially on matchdays.
- If you are taking the train, check the train times in advance, as they can vary depending on the day of the week.
- If you are taking the bus, check the bus timetable in advance, as the buses can be busy on matchdays.
- If you are walking, be aware that the walk can be quite steep in places.
Things to do near the SMISa Stadium in Glasgow, Scotland
- Visit Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. This world-famous museum is home to a vast collection of art, from paintings and sculptures to archaeological finds and natural history specimens. There’s something for everyone at Kelvingrove, making it a great place to spend a few hours.
- Take a walk through Kelvingrove Park. This beautiful park is located right next to the museum and offers stunning views of the city. There are plenty of paths to explore, as well as a boating lake, a bandstand, and a children’s playground.
- Visit the Riverside Museum. This award-winning museum tells the story of Glasgow’s transport history, from the days of horse-drawn carriages to the present day. There are interactive exhibits, a restored tram, and even a real-life submarine to explore.
- Go shopping on Argyle Street. This famous shopping street is home to a wide variety of stores, from high-end designer labels to budget-friendly stores. There are also plenty of cafes and restaurants to choose from, making it a great place to spend an afternoon.
- Catch a show at the Theatre Royal. This historic theatre is one of the most popular in Glasgow and hosts a variety of shows, from musicals to plays to concerts.
- Visit the People’s Palace. This museum tells the story of Glasgow’s working class history and is a great place to learn about the city’s industrial past. There are interactive exhibits, a recreated tenement flat, and a beautiful garden to explore.
These are just a few ideas of things to do near the SMISa Stadium. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have a great time exploring the area.