Bridge Meadow Stadium guide
Bridge Meadow Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Haverfordwest, Wales. It was built in the mid-1990s and holds 2,467 people. The stadium is currently used mostly for football matches, and is the home ground of Haverfordwest County A.F.C., who play in the Welsh Premier League.
Table of Contents
The stadium has a main stand that is covered and all-seated, and there are also two smaller terracing areas. The stadium has hosted matches featuring the Wales women’s national football team and its youth sides.
In August 2021, the stadium was renamed the Ogi Bridge Meadow Stadium after the Welsh Fibre Broadband company Ogi signed a sponsorship deal with the club.
The stadium is located in the town centre of Haverfordwest, and is easily accessible by car or public transport. There is a car park at the stadium, and there are also bus stops nearby.
Bridge Meadow Stadium is a popular venue for football matches, and it is a great place to watch a game of football. The stadium is well-maintained, and the atmosphere is always friendly and welcoming.
Pubs near Bridge Meadow Stadium, home Haverfordwest County A.F.C.
- Friars Vaults is a 15-minute walk from the stadium and offers a wide selection of beers, wines, and spirits. It also has a restaurant that serves traditional pub food. Address: 5 Castle Back, Haverfordwest SA61 2AB. Phone: 01437 766869.
- The William Owen – JD Wetherspoon is a large pub with a good selection of beers on tap. It also has a restaurant that serves a variety of dishes, including burgers, pizzas, and fish and chips. Address: 6 Quay St, Haverfordwest SA61 1BG. Phone: 01437 771900.
- The Milford Arms is a traditional Welsh pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It has a good selection of beers on tap and a menu of pub classics. Address: Cartlett, Haverfordwest SA61 2LH. Phone: 01437 767288.
- The Bluebirds Clubhouse Bar is located at the stadium and is the official home of the Haverfordwest County Supporters Club. It is a great place to go before the game and enjoy a drink with other fans.
- The Pembroke Yeoman is a 10-minute walk from the stadium and offers a traditional English pub experience. It has a good selection of beers on tap and a menu of pub classics. Address: 11 Hill St, Haverfordwest SA61 1QQ. Phone: 01437 762500.
Hotels near Bridge Meadow Stadium, Haverfordwest, Wales
- County Hotel. Relaxed hotel in an old-world building with cosy rooms, a restaurant & a bar, plus free breakfast.
- Hotel Mariners. Relaxed rooms in a circa-1729 hotel offering a restaurant & a bar, plus free Wi-Fi & breakfast.
- Castle Hotel. Hotel with a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi. It is a short walk from Bridge Meadow Stadium.
- College Guest House. Bed and breakfast with free Wi-Fi and parking. It is a 10-minute walk from Bridge Meadow Stadium.
Here are some other hotels that are slightly further away, but still within walking distance of the stadium:
- Premier Inn Haverfordwest (North/A40). Modern hotel with a restaurant, bar, and free parking.
- Travelodge Haverfordwest. Budget hotel with free Wi-Fi and parking.
How to get to Bridge Meadow Stadium, Haverfordwest County AFC football ground
- By car: Bridge Meadow Stadium is located at Conygar Bridge Meadow, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire SA61 2EX. There is a free car park at the stadium.
- By train: The nearest train station is Haverfordwest Station, which is a 14-minute walk from the stadium. From the station, follow the directions below to walk to the stadium.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near Bridge Meadow Stadium. The nearest bus stop is on Haverfordwest High Street, which is a 5-minute walk from the stadium.
Directions to Bridge Meadow Stadium from Haverfordwest Station:
- From the main entrance of the station, turn left and walk down the hill towards the town centre.
- Just before you reach the roundabout, bear right and cross the road to head towards the flyover bridge.
- Cross the road to reach the pavement adjacent to the County Hotel, before bearing right to follow the pavement which leads you underneath the flyover bridge and towards the next roundabout.
- Follow the pavement until just before the next roundabout, where you bare left slightly to join another pavement which heads in the direction of Morrisons on the other side of the roundabout.
- Head down the slope, where you will then see two tunnels, take the left tunnel which has the sign ‘Bridge Meadow’ on it, and then follow the path forwards.
- You will need to bare left slightly just before reaching the stadium, however, at this point, you will be able to see the car park and the stadium in the background.
Things to do near Bridge Meadow Stadium in Haverfordwest
- Visit Bridge Meadow Park. This park is located right next to the stadium and is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. There are plenty of walking trails, a playground, and a duck pond.
- Explore the town of Haverfordwest. The town has a lot to offer, including a historic castle, a number of museums, and some great shops and restaurants.
- Visit Picton Castle & Gardens. This beautiful castle is located just a few miles outside of Haverfordwest and is a great place to spend a day. There are stunning gardens, a working farm, and even a falconry centre.
- Go for a hike in the Preseli Hills. These hills are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and offer some amazing views of the surrounding countryside. There are a number of different trails to choose from, so you can find one that suits your fitness level.
- Visit the Welsh Spitfire Museum. This museum tells the story of the Welsh pilots who flew Spitfires during World War II. There are a number of aircraft on display, as well as exhibits on the history of the Spitfire and the role it played in the war.
- Visit the Creative Cafe Haverfordwest. This cafe is a great place to go for coffee and cake, or to enjoy a light lunch. They also have a number of workshops and classes that you can take, such as pottery, painting, and photography.
I hope this gives you some ideas for things to do near Bridge Meadow Stadium in Haverfordwest.