Cncoed Campus Stadium guide
Cyncoed Campus Stadium, home of Cardiff Metropolitan University FC.
- The stadium is located on the Cyncoed Campus of Cardiff Metropolitan University, in Cardiff, Wales.
- It was opened in 2011 and has a capacity of 1,620, of which 280 are seated.
- The pitch is artificial 3G and the stadium is overlooked by the National Indoor Athletics Centre.
- The team nickname is “The Archers” and the club colours are red and black.
- Cardiff Met FC play in the Cymru Premier, the top tier of Welsh football.
The stadium is a modern facility and is well-suited for hosting football matches. It is also used for other events, such as athletics meets and concerts.
Table of Contents
Pubs near Cyncoed Campus Stadium, home of Cardiff Metropolitan University FC
- The Discovery Inn is a mile away on Celyn Avenue. It is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide and has up to four real ales on tap at any time. Address: Celyn Ave, Cardiff CF23 6FH. Phone: 029 2075 5015.
- The Central Bar is a JD Wetherspoon pub on Windsor Place. It is a comfortable modern pub with an upstairs lounge and dining area. Address: 39 Windsor Pl, Cardiff CF10 3BW. Phone: 029 2078 0260.
- The Gatekeeper is a Wetherspoon pub on Westgate Street. It is a comfortable modern pub with real ales, set in a former theatre with a large, raised dining area. Address: 9–10 Westgate St, Cardiff CF10 1DD. Phone: 029 2064 6020.
- The City Arms is a historic pub on St Mary Street. It is a popular spot for tourists and has a wide range of beers on tap. Address: Quay St., Cardiff CF10 1EA. Phone: 029 2064 1913.
These are just a few of the many pubs near Cyncoed Campus Stadium Cardiff. I hope you find one that you enjoy!
Hotels near Cyncoed Campus Stadium, Cardiff, Wales
- ZIP by Premier Inn Cardiff. This hotel is located just a 10-minute walk from the stadium and offers modern, affordable rooms. It has a bar and restaurant, and free parking is available.
- Premier Inn Cardiff City South. This hotel is also located within walking distance of the stadium and offers a similar range of facilities. It has a slightly higher price point than ZIP by Premier Inn, but it also has a better overall rating.
- Premier Inn Cardiff North. This hotel is located a little further from the stadium, but it is still within easy reach. It is a good option if you are looking for a more spacious room or if you need to stay in a hotel with conference facilities.
- Mercure Cardiff North Hotel. This hotel is located in the Pentwyn area of Cardiff, which is about a 20-minute walk from the stadium. It is a more upmarket hotel than the others on this list, but it offers excellent facilities, including a swimming pool, a sauna, and a steam room.
How to get to Cyncoed Campus Stadium, Cardiff Metropolitan University football ground
The stadium is located at Cyncoed Road, Cardiff, CF23 6XD. There is a car park available on site, which costs £3 per car.
There are a few bus routes that stop near the stadium. The nearest bus stop is Cyncoed Campus, which is served by the number 27 bus. The journey time from Cardiff city centre is around 15 minutes.
The nearest train station is Cardiff Queen Street, which is around a 20-minute walk from the stadium. There are regular trains from Cardiff Queen Street to Cyncoed station, which is a short walk from the stadium.
The stadium is located on the Taff Trail, which is a popular cycle route. There are cycle racks available on site.
Here are some directions from different locations:
- From Cardiff city centre: Take the A4232 towards Pontcanna. Turn right onto Cyncoed Road and the stadium will be on your left.
- From the M4: Take junction 32 and follow the signs for Cardiff. Turn left onto Cyncoed Road and the stadium will be on your left.
- From the A470: Take junction 34 and follow the signs for Cardiff. Turn right onto Cyncoed Road and the stadium will be on your left.
Things to do near Cyncoed Campus Stadium, Cardiff, Wales
- Visit the National Indoor Athletics Centre. This state-of-the-art facility is home to a variety of sports, including athletics, netball, and basketball. You can also watch international competitions here.
- Go for a walk or bike ride in Bute Park. This beautiful park is located just a short walk from the stadium. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
- Explore Cardiff Bay. This waterfront area is home to a variety of attractions, including the Cardiff Bay Barrage, the Wales Millennium Centre, and the Norwegian Church.
- Visit the Cardiff Story. This museum tells the story of Cardiff from its humble beginnings as a fishing village to its current status as a modern city.
- Have a picnic in Pontcanna Fields. This large park is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. There are also a number of sports facilities here, so you can get active if you’d like.
If you’re looking for something to eat or drink, there are a number of restaurants and cafes located near the stadium. You’ll also find a number of shops in the area, so you can do some souvenir shopping or pick up some essentials.
No matter what you’re interested in, you’re sure to find something to do near Cyncoed Campus Stadium Cardiff Metropolitan University FC.