Llanelian Road guide
Llanelian Road is a football stadium in Old Colwyn, North Wales. It is the home ground of Colwyn Bay F.C. of the Cymru North. The stadium has a capacity of 3,000, with 1,850 seats.
Table of Contents
The stadium was built in 1984 on part of the Parciau farm estate after the club moved from their former home in Eirias Park due to the building of the A55 dual carriageway through Colwyn Bay. Colwyn Bay won their first game at Llanelian Road, beating Lytham 1–0 in an FA Cup Preliminary Round tie in September 1984.
The stadium has undergone a number of renovations over the years, most recently in 2019 when a new stand was built at the town end of the ground. The stadium is currently undergoing further renovations, with a new stand being built on the opposite side of the ground.
Llanelian Road is a popular venue for football matches and other events. It has hosted a number of international matches, including Wales Under-21s matches and Wales women’s matches. The stadium has also hosted concerts and other events.
Pubs near Llanelian Road stadium, home of Colwyn Bay FC
- The White Lion Inn is a gastropub with real ales and British fare. It has a warm and inviting atmosphere, with a slate floor, log fires, and low-beamed ceilings. Address: Llanelian, Colwyn Bay LL29 8YA. Phone: 01492 515807.
- The Plough Inn is another gastropub with a focus on locally-sourced food. It has a more modern interior than The White Lion Inn, but it still has a cosy and relaxed atmosphere. Address: The Plough Inn, 282 Abergele Rd, Old Colwyn, Colwyn Bay LL29 9LN. Phone: 01492 515387.
- Sun Inn is a traditional pub with a wide selection of beers on tap. It’s a great place to watch a football match or just relax with friends. Address: Sun Inn, 383 Abergele Rd, Old Colwyn, Colwyn Bay LL29 9PL. Phone: 01492 513938.
All of these pubs are within a short walk of the stadium, so you’ll be able to enjoy a pre-match pint or a post-match meal without having to travel far.
Hotels near Llanelian Road stadium, Old Colwyn, North Wales
- Travelodge Colwyn Bay is a budget hotel with modern rooms and free Wi-Fi. It is located just 0.7 miles from the stadium.
- Premier Inn Llandudno (Glan-Conwy) is a family-friendly hotel with a pub/restaurant and free parking. It is located 1.2 miles from the stadium.
- Bryn Woodlands House is a Victorian-era guest house with individually decorated rooms and a shared lounge. It is located 1.3 miles from the stadium.
- West Point Hotel is a bed-and-breakfast with unpretentious rooms and a full cooked breakfast. It is located 1.4 miles from the stadium.
Here are some other hotels that are slightly further away from the stadium, but still within a reasonable distance:
- The Marine Hotel is a historic hotel with sea views and a restaurant. It is located 2.3 miles from the stadium.
- Bodysgallen Hall is a luxury spa hotel with a golf course and a swimming pool. It is located 3.8 miles from the stadium.
- Warner Hotels – Bodelwyddan Castle is a castle hotel with a cinema and a bowling alley. It is located 5.3 miles from the stadium.
How to get to Llanelian Road stadium, Colwyn Bay football ground
- By car: From London, take the M1 north to junction 19, then take the M6 north to junction 22. Exit onto the A547 towards Old Colwyn and follow the signs to Llanelian Road. The stadium is on the right-hand side.
- By train: The nearest train station is Colwyn Bay train station, which is about a 15-minute walk from the stadium. There are regular trains from Chester, Llandudno, and Rhyl.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near Llanelian Road stadium. The number 5 bus from Colwyn Bay town centre stops at the stadium entrance, and the number 10 bus from Llandudno stops at the nearby Ffordd y Rotari roundabout.
Here are the coordinates and postcode of Llanelian Road stadium:
- 53.2822°N 3.6997°W
- LL29 8UN
You can also use Google Maps or another navigation app to get directions to the stadium.
Things to do near the Llanelian Road stadium in Old Colwyn, Wales
- Visit the Colwyn Bay Museum. This museum tells the story of Colwyn Bay from its early days as a fishing village to its development as a seaside resort. It has exhibits on local history, geology, and wildlife.
- Take a walk along the Promenade. The Promenade is a beautiful waterfront walkway with stunning views of the Irish Sea. There are plenty of places to stop for a coffee or ice cream, and you can even rent a bike and explore the area.
- Visit the Great Orme Tramway. The Great Orme Tramway is a funicular railway that takes you up to the top of the Great Orme, a limestone headland with stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Go for a swim at the beach. Colwyn Bay has a beautiful sandy beach that’s perfect for swimming, sunbathing, or playing beach games.
- Visit the Welsh Highland Railway. The Welsh Highland Railway is a heritage railway that runs from Llandudno to Betws-y-Coed. It’s a great way to see the beautiful scenery of Snowdonia.
- Have dinner at one of Colwyn Bay’s many restaurants. Colwyn Bay has a wide variety of restaurants to choose from, serving everything from traditional Welsh food to international cuisine.
I hope this gives you some ideas for things to do near the Llanelian Road stadium in Colwyn Bay.