Priestfield Stadium guide
Priestfield Stadium is a football stadium in Gillingham, Kent, England. It has been the home of Gillingham Football Club since the club’s formation in 1893. The stadium has a capacity of 11,582 and is all-seater.
Table of Contents
The stadium has undergone extensive redevelopment over the years, most recently in the late 1990s. The current main stand was built in 1997, and the Brian Moore Stand was added in 2004. The stadium also has a number of conference and banqueting facilities.
Priestfield Stadium is a popular venue for a variety of events, including football matches, concerts, and conferences.
Pubs near Priestfield Stadium, home of Gillingham FC
- The Cricketers: This traditional pub is a short walk from the stadium and offers a wide range of beers, wines, and spirits. It also has a good selection of food, including pub classics like burgers and fish and chips. Address: 40 Sturdee Ave, Gillingham ME7 2JR. Phone: 01634 579597
- The Southern Belle: This gastropub is a bit more upmarket than The Cricketers, but it still has a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The food is excellent, and the wine list is extensive. Address: 170 High St, Gillingham ME7 1AJ. Phone: 01634 326091.
- The Factory: This bar is a popular spot for both locals and visitors. It has a large selection of beers on tap, as well as cocktails and spirits. There is also a pool table and a dartboard, making it a great place to socialize before or after the match. Address: MEMS Priestfield Stadium, Redfern Avenue, Gillingham, Kent ME7 2PE. Phone: 01634 305542.
- The Fleur De Lis: This pub is located on Gillingham Road, about a 10-minute walk from the stadium. It is a popular spot for away fans, and it has a reputation for being friendly and welcoming. Address: 46 Gillingham Rd, Gillingham ME7 4RR. Phone: 01634 856901.
If you are looking for a pub with a more traditional atmosphere, The Cricketers or The Southern Belle are good options. If you are looking for a more lively atmosphere, The Factory or The Fleur De Lis are better choices.
Hotels near Priestfield Stadium in Gillingham, Kent
- Premier Inn Chatham/Gillingham (Victory Pier) is a 3-star hotel with a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from the stadium.
- Bridgewood Manor Hotel & Spa is a 4-star hotel with a spa, indoor pool, and restaurant. It is a 15-minute drive from the stadium.
- King Charles Hotel is a 3-star hotel with a restaurant, bar, and garden. It is a 10-minute drive from the stadium.
- Travelodge Chatham is a 2-star hotel with free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour front desk. It is a 15-minute walk from the stadium.
- Travelodge Gillingham is a 2-star hotel with free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour front desk. It is a 10-minute drive from the stadium.
These are just a few of the many hotels near Priestfield Stadium. You can find more options by searching online or by contacting the stadium directly.
How to get to Priestfield Stadium, Gillingham football ground
- By car: From London, take the M25 to junction 30 and follow the A2 to Gillingham. The stadium is located on Redfern Avenue, just off the A2.
- By train: Gillingham railway station is a short walk from the stadium. Trains run from London Victoria, Charing Cross, and St Pancras International.
- By bus: There are several bus services that stop near the stadium. The nearest bus stops are on Gillingham Road and Nelson Road.
Once you arrive at the stadium, there is plenty of parking available. There is also a pay-on-entry car park located on Redfern Avenue.
The stadium is wheelchair accessible and there are dedicated parking spaces available. There are also accessible toilets and viewing platforms inside the stadium.
Here are some of the things you can do at Priestfield Stadium:
- Watch a Gillingham Football Club match. The club plays in League Two, the fourth tier of English football.
- Take a tour of the stadium. The tour includes a visit to the players’ tunnel, the dressing rooms, and the press box.
- Attend a concert or other event. The stadium is often used for concerts and other events.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do near Priestfield Stadium in Gillingham, Kent, England
- Visit the Royal Engineers Museum. This museum tells the story of the Royal Engineers, one of the oldest and most respected regiments in the British Army. It has exhibits on a wide range of topics, including engineering, warfare, and history.
- Explore Riverside Country Park. This park is located on the banks of the River Medway and has a variety of attractions, including a nature reserve, a golf course, and a children’s play area.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre. This indoor ski slope is open all year round and is a great place to learn or improve your skills.
- Visit the Chatham Naval Memorial. This memorial commemorates the sailors and marines who lost their lives in the First and Second World Wars. It is located in the heart of Chatham and is a moving tribute to those who served their country.
- Take a ride on the Medway Queen. This paddle steamer offers cruises along the River Medway and provides a great way to see some of the local landmarks.
- Visit The Strand Leisure Park. This park has a variety of attractions, including a bowling alley, a cinema, and a soft play area.
- Go shopping at Hempstead Valley. This shopping centre has over 100 stores and is a great place to find everything you need.
These are just a few of the many things you can do near Priestfield Stadium. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have a great time exploring the area.