Reloc8 Em Community Stadium stadium guide
Hayes Lane stadium is a football stadium in Bromley, Greater London, England. Located between Bromley town centre and Hayes, it is the home of Bromley F.C., and also used by Cray Wanderers and Crystal Palace Women.
Table of Contents
The current capacity of the ground is 5,000, of which 1,300 is seated and 2,500 covered. The ground has four stands:
- The John Fiorini (Main) Stand: This is a covered all-seated stand in the middle of the west side of the ground. It was opened in 1993 and has a capacity of 285 seats.
- The Glyn Beverly Stand: This is a single-tier seated stand in the middle of the east side of the ground. It was opened in 2019 and has a capacity of 1,450 seats.
- The North Stand: This is a covered terrace stand at the north end of the ground. It has a capacity of 1,750.
- The South Stand: This is an uncovered terrace stand at the south end of the ground. It has a capacity of 1,500.
The ground also has a number of other facilities, including a restaurant, bar, and function rooms.
Hayes Lane has a long history, dating back to 1938 when Bromley moved to the ground from their previous ground, also on the same road. The ground was initially opened with a 2,500-seat stand on one side of the pitch, with the remainder of the pitch surrounded by banking.
Since then, the ground has undergone a number of renovations and improvements. In the 1960s, floodlights were installed, and in the 1990s, the Main Stand was built. The Glyn Beverly Stand was added in 2019.
Pubs near the Reloc8 Em Community Stadium, Home of Bromley FC
- Ravens Lounge – This is the club’s official social club, located inside the stadium. It is open on matchdays and shows live sport on TV.
- Bricklayers Arms – This traditional pub is located a short walk from the stadium and is popular with both home and away supporters. It has a good selection of real ales and serves food. Address: 143 Masons Hill, Bromley BR2 9HW. Phone: 020 8460 4552.
- George Bromley – This pub is located a little further away from the stadium, but it is a popular spot for pre- and post-match drinks. It has a large outdoor seating area and a good selection of food and drink. Address: 29 Hayes St, Hayes, Bromley BR2 7LE. Phone: 020 8462 1120.
If you are looking for a pub with a more central location, there are a few options in Bromley town centre, which is a 15-minute walk from the stadium:
- The Greyhound – This Wetherspoons pub is a popular spot for both locals and visitors. It has a wide range of food and drink options at affordable prices. Address: 205 High St, Bromley BR1 1NY. Phone: 020 8315 0250.
- The Partridge – This traditional pub is located on the High Street and has a good selection of real ales and food. Address: 194 High St, Bromley BR1 1HE. Phone: 020 8464 7656.
- The Richmal Crompton – This Wetherspoons pub is located near Bromley South station and has a large outdoor seating area. Address: Unit 23, Westmoreland Place, Bromley BR1 1DS. Phone: 020 8464 1586.
Hotels near Reloc8 Em Community Stadium stadium, Bromley
These hotels are all within a short walk of the stadium, making them ideal for football fans visiting Bromley FC. They offer a range of budgets and facilities, so you can find the perfect hotel for your needs.
- Premier Inn London Bromley hotel: This hotel offers simple, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. It also has a restaurant and free Wi-Fi.
- ibis budget London Bromley Centre: This budget hotel offers basic but clean rooms at a very affordable price. It is located in the heart of Bromley, close to shops, restaurants, and bars.
- Brama: This boutique hotel offers stylish rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and bar. It is located in a quiet residential area, but just a short walk from the town centre.
- Travelodge London Bromley: This budget hotel offers modern rooms with flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi. It also has a trendy cafe/bar.
How to get to the Reloc8 Em Community Stadium, Bromley football ground
From the M25, leave at Junction 4 and follow the A21 to Bromley and London. After approximately 4 miles, fork left onto the A232 towards Croydon/Sutton. At the second set of traffic lights, turn right into Baston Road (B265). Continue straight on this road through Hayes. The road becomes Hayes Lane and after the mini roundabout, the entrance to the ground is down on the right. Postcode: BR2 9EF.
The nearest railway station is Bromley South, which is approximately a 20-minute walk from the ground. It is served by trains from London Victoria. On exiting the main entrance, turn left and walk down the High Street. On reaching a set of traffic lights, turn right into Westmoreland Road. Just after passing a church on the left, turn left into Hayes Road. The ground is on the right-hand side after about 10 minutes walk.
Bus numbers 314 and 119 run frequently to and from Bromley South railway station. The journey takes approximately 10 minutes. You can also take bus number 146 from Bromley North railway station, which is a 15-minute walk from the ground.
If you are feeling energetic, you can walk to Hayes Lane stadium from Bromley town centre in around 30 minutes. Head north up the High Street and turn left into Westmoreland Road. Just after passing a church on the left, turn left into Hayes Road. The ground is on the right-hand side after about 10 minutes walk.
Things to do near Reloc8 Em Community Stadium, Bromley
- Visit Norman Park. This large park has something for everyone, including woodland, heath, grassland, a children’s playground, a cafe, and a model boating pond.
- Take a walk through Hayes Common. This nature reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including birds, butterflies, and reptiles. There are also several walking trails to explore.
- Visit Queens Gardens. This small park is located in the heart of Bromley and is a great place to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. There is also a children’s playground and a cafe.
- Catch a show at the Churchill Theatre. This performing arts venue hosts a variety of productions, including musicals, plays, and comedy shows.
- Go shopping at the Bromley Market. This indoor market is open six days a week and sells a variety of goods, including fresh produce, clothes, and souvenirs.
- Have a drink at one of the many pubs and bars in Bromley. There are plenty of options to choose from, whether you’re looking for a traditional pub or a more modern bar.
- Visit the Bromley Museum & Art Gallery. This museum tells the story of Bromley’s history and culture, and also has a collection of art and artifacts.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the Ravensbourne River. This river runs through Bromley and there are several paths that follow it.
- Visit the Bromley Picturehouse. This independent cinema shows a variety of films, including new releases, classics, and foreign films.
- Play a game of golf at the Bromley Golf Course. This 18-hole golf course is located just a short drive from Hayes Lane stadium.
If you’re visiting Hayes Lane stadium on a match day, there are also plenty of things to do before and after the game. There are several pubs and cafes located near the stadium, and you can also visit the Bromley FC club shop.