Mill Farm stadium guide
Mill Farm stadium is a 6,000-seater stadium located in Wesham, Lancashire, England. It is the home of AFC Fylde, a professional association football club that competes in the National League North. The stadium was opened in 2016 and is considered to be one of the best non-league stadiums in England.
Table of Contents
The stadium is designed to be simple yet elegant, with a smooth, curved roof and a black and white color scheme. The main stand offers 2,000 seats and hospitality areas, while the east and south stands provide covered terracing. The stadium also has a number of other facilities, including a 290-seat sports bar, an 80-seat restaurant with a roof terrace, and a 40-seat cafe.
Mill Farm stadium is a popular venue for both football and other events. In addition to being the home of AFC Fylde, the stadium has also hosted concerts, exhibitions, and other gatherings. The stadium is also used by a number of other sports clubs, including Fylde Hockey Club.
Mill Farm stadium is a valuable asset to the community of Wesham and the wider Fylde Coast area. It is a state-of-the-art facility that provides a great place for people to watch and participate in sport. The stadium is also a major economic driver, attracting visitors from all over the country.
Pubs near Mill Farm Stadium, home of AFC Fylde
- Bradleys Sports Bar is located within the stadium itself, so it’s the perfect place to go for a pre- or post-match drink. It has a large screen showing live sport, as well as a number of smaller screens dotted around the bar. There’s also a pool table, arcade games, and a beer garden. Address: Mill Farm Sports Village, Coronation Wy, Wesham, Kirkham, Preston PR4 3JZ. Phone: 01772 598850.
- The Stanley Arms is a traditional pub located just a short walk from the stadium. It has a friendly atmosphere and a good selection of beers on tap. There’s also a food menu serving up pub classics like burgers, fish and chips, and pies. Address: 8 Garstang Rd S, Wesham, Preston PR4 3BL. Phone: 01772 469495.
- Lane Ends Hotel is a family-run pub located about a 10-minute walk from the stadium. It has a large bar area, a restaurant, and a beer garden. The pub shows live sport and has a regular programme of entertainment, including karaoke and live music. Address: Weeton Rd, Wesham, Preston PR4 3DH. Phone: 01772 671216.
Hotels located within walking distance of Mill Farm stadium
- The Hotel at Mill Farm: This 5-star hotel is located right in the stadium, with stunning views of the pitch. It offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, gym, and spa.
- Bartle Hall Hotel: This 4-star hotel is located in the nearby village of Bartle, just a short drive from Mill Farm stadium. It offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, gym, and swimming pool.
If you’re looking for a hotel that’s a little further away, but still close to Mill Farm stadium, here are a few options:
- Holiday Inn Express Preston: This 3-star hotel is located in the city of Preston, about a 15-minute drive from Mill Farm stadium. It offers a variety of amenities, including a free breakfast, gym, and swimming pool.
- Travelodge Preston Central: This 2-star hotel is located in the city of Preston, about a 15-minute drive from Mill Farm stadium. It offers a variety of amenities, including a budget-friendly price, free WiFi, and on-site parking.
How to get to Mill Farm stadium, AFC Fylde football ground
Mill Farm stadium is located in Kirkham, Lancashire, just off Junction 3 of the M55 motorway. From the M55, take the A585 exit towards Kirkham/Fleetwood. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Fleetwood Road/A585. At the next roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Coronation Way. The stadium will be on your left.
There is a car park at the stadium which costs £5. Please note that parking is limited, so it is advisable to arrive early on match days.
By public transport:
The closest railway station to Mill Farm stadium is Kirkham and Wesham, which is approximately half a mile away. The station is served by regular trains from Manchester Victoria and Blackpool North.
Once you arrive at Kirkham and Wesham station, you can walk to the stadium in around 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can take the Stagecoach number 61 bus, which stops outside the station and takes you directly to the stadium.
Here is a summary of the different ways to get to Mill Farm stadium:
- Take the M55 motorway and exit at Junction 3.
- Follow the A585 towards Kirkham/Fleetwood.
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Fleetwood Road/A585.
- At the next roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Coronation Way.
- The stadium will be on your left.
By public transport:
- Take a train to Kirkham and Wesham station.
- Walk to the stadium in around 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, take the Stagecoach number 61 bus, which stops outside the station and takes you directly to the stadium.
Things to do near Mill Farm Stadium in Wesham, England
- Visit the Fylde Coast Country Park. This park is located just a short walk from the stadium and offers a variety of activities, including walking, cycling, fishing, and birdwatching.
- Take a walk through Wesham Village. This charming village has a number of shops, pubs, and cafes, as well as a historic church.
- Visit the Wesham Heritage Centre. This museum tells the story of the village’s history, from its Roman origins to the present day.
- Go for a swim at Wesham Beach. This sandy beach is located just a short drive from the stadium and is a popular spot for sunbathing, swimming, and surfing.
- Visit the Fylde Coast Owl Sanctuary. This sanctuary is home to a variety of owls, including barn owls, tawny owls, and snowy owls. Visitors can take guided tours of the sanctuary and learn about the owls’ care and conservation.
If you are looking for something to do on a rainy day, there are also a number of indoor attractions near the stadium, including:
- The Fylde Coast Museum. This museum tells the story of the Fylde Coast’s history, from its prehistory to the present day.
- The Wesham Library. This library offers a variety of books, magazines, and DVDs to borrow.
- The Wesham Community Centre. This centre hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, plays, and exhibitions.
- The Wesham Bowling Club. This club offers a variety of bowling facilities, as well as a bar and restaurant.