Villa Park guide
Villa Park is a football stadium in Aston, Birmingham, England. It has a seating capacity of 42,657 and is the home of Premier League side Aston Villa.
Table of Contents
Villa Park was opened in 1897 and is the oldest purpose-built football stadium in the Premier League. It has hosted many major football matches, including FA Cup semi-finals and England internationals.
The stadium is named after Villa Park, the former name of the area in which it is located. The area was originally a park owned by the Aston family, who gave it to the Aston Villa Football Club in 1874.
Villa Park has been renovated several times since it was opened. The most recent renovation was completed in 2010 and included the construction of a new stand on the north side of the stadium.
Pubs near Villa Park for home and away fans
- The Holte Pub is a 5 minute walk from Villa Park and is a popular spot for both home and away fans. It has a large selection of beers and food, and a lively atmosphere on match days. Address: Villa Park, Trinity Rd, Birmingham B6 6HE. Phone: 0121 326 1570.
- The Witton Arms is a popular spot for home fans. It has a good selection of beers and food, and a more relaxed atmosphere than The Holte Pub. Address: 458 Witton Rd, Handsworth, Birmingham B6 6SN. Villa fans only.
- The Yew Tree is a traditional English pub with a good selection of beers and food. It is a popular spot for both home and away fans, but can get crowded on match days. Address: Brookvale Rd, Witton, Birmingham B6 7AS. Phone: 0121 356 7892.
If you are looking for something a little different, there are a number of other bars and restaurants in the area, including:
- The Shakespeare is a traditional Victorian pub with a large beer garden. Address: Lower Temple St, Birmingham B2 4JD. Phone: 0121 616 2196.
- The Old Joint Stock is a historic pub with a beautiful interior. Address: 4 Temple Row W, Birmingham B2 5NY. Phone: 0121 200 1892.
- The Bacchus Bar is a subterranean bar with a wide selection of beers and cocktails. Address: Burlington Arcade, New St, Birmingham B2 4JH. Phone: 0121 632 5445
These are just a few of the many pubs and bars near Villa Park. With so many options to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect place to enjoy a drink and a bite to eat before or after the match.
Hotels near Villa Park in Birmingham, England
- Aston Inn is a 2-minute walk from Villa Park and has a bar and restaurant. It also has free parking and free Wi-Fi.
- Premier Inn Birmingham City – Aston is a 5-minute walk from Villa Park and has a restaurant and bar. It also has free parking and free Wi-Fi.
- Hotel Campanile Birmingham- Aston is a 10-minute walk from Villa Park and has a bistro and bar. It also has free parking and free Wi-Fi.
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham – Star City, an IHG Hotel is a 15-minute walk from Villa Park and has a restaurant and bar. It also has free parking and free Wi-Fi.
These are just a few of the many hotels near Villa Park. You can find more options by searching online or using a travel agent.
When choosing a hotel, it is important to consider your budget, the amenities you need, and the distance you want to be from Villa Park. You may also want to consider hotels that offer special packages for football fans.
How to get to Villa Park, the home of Aston Villa Football Club
- By train: The nearest train stations to Villa Park are Aston and Witton. Both stations are served by regular trains from Birmingham New Street. The journey from Birmingham New Street to Aston takes around 10 minutes, and the journey from Birmingham New Street to Witton takes around 15 minutes.
- By bus: There are a number of bus routes that stop near Villa Park. The most convenient bus routes are the 7, 11A, and 11C. These buses all stop at Witton Square, which is a short walk from the stadium.
- By car: Villa Park is located in the city centre of Birmingham, so it is easy to get to by car. However, parking can be difficult to find on match days. If you are planning to drive to Villa Park, it is advisable to arrive early and park in one of the many car parks in the area.
Once you have arrived at Villa Park, there are a number of ways to get around the stadium. The stadium has a number of entrances, and there are also a number of lifts and ramps to help you get around. There is also a large car park at the stadium, which is open to both home and away fans.
Here are some additional tips for getting to Villa Park:
- Check the traffic conditions before you travel. Match days can be very busy in Birmingham, so it is important to check the traffic conditions before you travel. You can do this by checking the traffic reports on the radio or online.
- Plan your journey in advance. It is a good idea to plan your journey in advance, and to allow plenty of time to get to Villa Park. This is especially important if you are travelling by public transport.
- Be aware of the match day security procedures. There are a number of security procedures in place at Villa Park on match days. These procedures are in place to keep everyone safe, and it is important to be aware of them.
Official club website
Fan forums and websites
Things to do at Villa Park
- Take a stadium tour. The stadium tour takes you behind the scenes of Villa Park, giving you a unique opportunity to see the dressing rooms, pitch, and other areas of the stadium that are normally off-limits to the public.
- Watch a match. Aston Villa is a Premier League club, so there are plenty of opportunities to watch them play at Villa Park. The atmosphere at a Villa Park match is electric, so it’s sure to be an unforgettable experience.
- Visit the Villa Park Museum. The Villa Park Museum tells the story of Aston Villa Football Club, from its humble beginnings to its current status as one of the most successful clubs in England.
- Explore the surrounding area. The stadium is located in the heart of Birmingham, so there are plenty of other things to see and do in the area. Some of the popular attractions include the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, the Cadbury World, and the Think Tank.
Things to do near Villa Park, Birmingham
- Visit Aston Hall: This Elizabethan mansion is a short walk from Villa Park and is well worth a visit. It has beautiful gardens, a maze, and a café.
- Go for a walk in Aston Park: This large park is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. There are plenty of trees, flowers, and wildlife to see.
- Visit the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery: This large museum has a collection of over 45,000 objects, including paintings, sculptures, and artifacts from around the world.
- Go shopping in the Bullring: This large shopping center has over 160 stores, including high street brands and designer boutiques.
- See a show at the Birmingham Hippodrome: This theater hosts a variety of performances, including musicals, plays, and ballets.
- Take a ride on the Birmingham City Sightseeing Tour: This hop-on, hop-off bus tour will take you around the city and show you all the major attractions.
These are just a few of the many things you can do near Villa Park. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have a great time exploring Birmingham.