Dens Park – Kilmac guide
Dens Park – Kilmac is a football stadium in Dundee, Scotland. It is the home of Scottish Premiership club Dundee F.C. and has a capacity of 11,850. The stadium is located on Dens Road, just 200 yards from Tannadice Park, the home of Dundee United F.C.
Table of Contents
Dens Park was opened in 1899 and has been the home of Dundee F.C. ever since. The stadium has undergone several renovations over the years, most recently in 1999 when two new stands were built behind each goal.
The record attendance at Dens Park is 43,024, which was set in 1953 when Dundee played host to Rangers in the Scottish Cup.
Dens Park – Kilmac is a popular venue for football fans and is known for its passionate atmosphere. The stadium is also home to a number of other events, including concerts, rugby matches, and community events.
Pubs near Dens Park – Kilmac, home of Dundee FC
- The Ambassador is a popular pub with a wide selection of beers and a lively atmosphere. It is located just a short walk from the stadium. Address: 233-237 Clepington Rd, Dundee DD3 7UE. Phone: 01382 884224.
- The Troll Inn is a traditional Scottish pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It is located in the city centre, about a 10-minute walk from the stadium. Address: 17 Arklay St, Dundee DD3 7NJ. Phone: 01382 456346.
- The Barrels is a gastropub with a focus on fresh, local ingredients. It is located in the city centre, about a 15-minute walk from the stadium. Address: 45 Strathmartine Rd, Dundee DD3 7RW. Phone: 01382 828966.
- The Centenary Bar is a pub located directly next to Dens Park. It is a popular spot for both home and away fans to watch the game. Address: 233-237 Clepington Rd, Dundee DD3 7UE. Phone: 01382 884224.
- The Stobswell Sports Club is a family-friendly pub located a short walk from Dens Park. It is a popular spot for pre- and post-match meals. Address: Downfield Pavilion, Charlotte Street, Dundee DD3 8QP.
Hotels near Dens Park – Kilmac in Dundee, Scotland
- Travelodge Dundee Strathmore Avenue. This is a budget hotel with a casual restaurant and free parking. It is 0.7 miles (1.1 km) from Dens Park – Kilmac.
- Hotel Indigo Dundee, an IHG Hotel. This hotel is housed in a former textile mill and has a bell tower. It is 0.4 miles (0.6 km) from the stadium.
- Hampton by Hilton Dundee City Centre. This hotel has a casual bar and a 24-hour gym. It is 0.5 miles (0.8 km) from Dens Park.
- Premier Inn Dundee Centre hotel. This hotel has an on-site restaurant and free parking. It is 0.6 miles (1 km) from Dens Park.
- Fisherman’s Tavern Hotel. This hotel is a converted fisherman’s tavern and has a bar and restaurant. It is 0.7 miles (1.1 km) from Dens Park.
- Sleepers Hotel Dundee. This is a hostel with shared dormitories and private rooms. It is 0.5 miles (0.8 km) from Dens Park.
How to get to Dens Park – Kilmac, Dundee football ground
- By car: Dens Park is located at Sandeman Street, Dundee, DD4 7HJ. If you’re coming from the west, you’ll need to take the A90 through Dundee and follow the signs for “Football Traffic.” If you’re coming from the south, you’ll need to cross the Tay Road Bridge and follow the signs for “Dens Park.” There is a car park at Dens Park, but it can get very busy on match days.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near Dens Park. The number 1A bus runs from Albert Square to Dens Road, and the number 23 bus runs from Commercial Street to Provost Road. You can also get to Dens Park on the Xplore Dundee 21D bus, which runs from Dundee city centre to Kirriemuir or Glamis.
- By train: The nearest train station to Dens Park is Dundee Central Station. From the station, you can walk to Dens Park in about 15 minutes.
- On foot: Dens Park is located in the Stobswell area of Dundee, which is a short walk from the city centre. If you’re feeling energetic, you can walk to Dens Park from the city centre in about 20 minutes.
Here are some additional tips for getting to Dens Park – Kilmac:
- If you’re coming to a match, it’s a good idea to arrive early, as the car park and the surrounding streets can get very busy.
- If you’re taking the bus, make sure you check the timetable in advance, as the buses can be very crowded on match days.
- If you’re walking to Dens Park, be aware that there are a few steep hills in the area.
Dens Park is a football stadium in Dundee, Scotland, and the home of Dundee FC. It is a historic stadium, having been built in 1899, and has hosted many important matches over the years, including Scotland internationals and cup finals.
Things to do at Dens Park – Kilmac
- Watch a Dundee FC match. This is the main reason most people visit Dens Park. The atmosphere at a Dundee match is always electric, and there’s nothing quite like being there to experience it.
- Visit the Dundee FC museum. The museum is located in the Main Stand and tells the story of Dundee FC from its early days to the present. It’s a great place to learn about the club’s history and its most famous players.
- Take a tour of the stadium. The stadium tour takes you around the ground and gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the facilities. You’ll get to see the dressing rooms, the tunnel, and the press box.
- Have a drink in the stadium bar. The stadium bar is a great place to relax and enjoy a drink before or after a match. There’s also a good selection of food available.
- Shop in the club shop. The club shop is a great place to buy Dundee FC merchandise, including shirts, scarves, hats, and other souvenirs.
If you’re a fan of football or just interested in Scottish history, Dens Park is a great place to visit. There’s something for everyone, whether you want to watch a match, take a tour, or just have a drink in the bar.
Here are some additional tips for your visit to Dens Park – Kilmac:
- Check the match schedule before you go. Dundee FC plays most of their home matches on Saturdays, but they also play some matches on Sundays and during the week.
- Buy your tickets in advance. Tickets for Dundee FC matches can sell out quickly, so it’s a good idea to buy them in advance. You can buy tickets online or at the stadium ticket office.
- Get there early. The stadium gates open 90 minutes before kick-off, so it’s a good idea to get there early to avoid the queues.
- Dress for the weather. Scottish weather can be unpredictable, so it’s a good idea to dress in layers so you can adjust to the temperature.
- Have fun! Dens Park is a great place to experience the atmosphere of Scottish football. So relax, have a drink, and enjoy the match.
Things to do near Dens Park – Kilmac in Dundee, Scotland:
- The McManus: Dundee’s Art Gallery & Museum. This neo-Gothic building houses a collection of Scottish art from the 19th and 20th centuries, as well as exhibits on local history and culture.
- Camperdown Wildlife Centre. This zoo is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, bears, and monkeys. There is also a conservation zone, a picnic area, and a cafe.
- Dundee Museum of Transport. This museum tells the story of transportation in Dundee, from the early days of horse-drawn carriages to the present day. There are exhibits on trams, buses, trains, and ships.
- Dundee Contemporary Arts. This modern art gallery hosts a variety of exhibitions, from large-scale installations to video art. There is also a cafe and a shop.
- Tay Bridge. This iconic bridge spans the River Tay and connects Dundee with Fife. You can walk or cycle across the bridge, or take a boat trip underneath it.
- Dundee Law. This hill offers panoramic views of the city and the surrounding countryside. There are several walking trails that lead to the top of the hill.
- Dundee Rep. This theatre company produces a variety of plays, from classics to new works. There is also a cinema and a cafe.